Author Topic: Nintendo Switch Pro and Steam Controllers FFVIII  (Read 616 times)

DeGuzzie

• View Profile
Nintendo Switch Pro and Steam Controllers FFVIII
« on: 2019-02-24 08:17:02 »
  The steam controller and Nintendo Switch Pro controller are the only controllers I own.

I can't seem to get them to be recognized by FFVIII steam version. Both controllers are recognized by the pc because I can hit the steam big picture button and the steam big picture mode pops up while in FFVIII and all inputs are recognized by steam.

Are these controllers known to not be compatible with FFVIII steam version?

Most of the information I have come across centers around Xbox and playstation controllers. I am new to modding these games. So I am not sure if my efforts to try and get these controllers to work will be in vain or note. 

Will the Controller mod allow me to get one of these controllers working in the game?

Khrone

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Switch Pro and Steam Controllers FFVIII
« Reply #1 on: 2019-02-24 12:21:32 »
I own a Steam Controller and it works with FFVIII flawlessly.

If it doesn't work natively you can try and use it as a keyboard and not gamepad using the Steam Controller Settings or launch the game passing through GloSC.  It shouldn't be a requirement but maybe it will fix it.

DeGuzzie

• View Profile
Re: Nintendo Switch Pro and Steam Controllers FFVIII
« Reply #2 on: 2019-02-24 22:55:51 »

Thank you for the reply. It's good to know the Steam controller works. I will get at it and do what you recommended. Thanks again!   :)