Author Topic: FFVIII Remastered  (Read 17164 times)

LordUrQuan

• VirtualBox dweller
  • Insane poster
  • LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
Re: FFVIII Remastered
« Reply #225 on: 2019-09-16 02:24:52 »
Some folks just want to use their time elsewhere.
Indeed... like spending the weekend removing this monstrosity, then chasing down why two of the new AFCIs kept tripping.

Well, ok, I didn't really *want* to use my time doing that, but it had to be done before I could do anything on my "want to do" list, like prep for a likely PHEV replacement for my 14 year old Civic.

greator

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: 2019-09-16 21:19:55 »
I know modders really hate to work with this remaster but I really really hope that someone could work on it.

I just can't stand at the ugliness of the 2003 character model. Even fanmade HD skin cant fix it.

Lorath

• Cool newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: 2019-09-16 21:25:54 »
Interesting question from the Steam forums: how does Boko, the G.F. summoned with the Gysahl Green item, exactly work in this version? I mean, its attacks.

In the original version(s), in order to get more powerful attacks, you needed to play Chocobo World and get "kisses", each kiss gave a more powerful attack. ChocoFire, ChocoFlare, ChocoMeteor, ChocoBocle.

But since there's no CW in this, how are you getting the better attacks? There are videos of the Remastered in YouTube with all attacks, how is this possible? It depends on character level, or is it random now?

Koby

• Fast newbie
  • Beyond the Grave
    • View Profile
    • Kametsu
« Reply #228 on: 2019-09-16 21:45:27 »
Interesting question from the Steam forums: how does Boko, the G.F. summoned with the Gysahl Green item, exactly work in this version? I mean, its attacks.

In the original version(s), in order to get more powerful attacks, you needed to play Chocobo World and get "kisses", each kiss gave a more powerful attack. ChocoFire, ChocoFlare, ChocoMeteor, ChocoBocle.

But since there's no CW in this, how are you getting the better attacks? There are videos of the Remastered in YouTube with all attacks, how is this possible? It depends on character level, or is it random now?
Angelo search now gives everything you'd get from CW.

Lorath

• Cool newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: 2019-09-16 23:08:01 »
Angelo search now gives everything you'd get from CW.

... this doesn't answer my question. You don't get these attacks from items. The Gysahl Green is used to summon Boko, the attacks depend on the "kisses" obtained in CW.

I'm just asking how they managed to bring ALL the four attacks in the Remastered without being able to get the kisses.
« Last Edit: 2019-09-16 23:12:48 by Lorath »

ZL325

• Crazy poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: 2019-09-18 14:04:39 »
I imagine it's probably random, like how Gilgamesh wields a certain sword at random.

Lorath

• Cool newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: 2019-09-18 15:01:23 »
Well, who knows, i still don't own that version and there are no gameplay videos to show that...

Talking about Chocobos, i saw some gameplay videos and i think they put the old version of "Mods de Chocobo" with the bad loop. That was fixed in RaW W05, more than two years ago...

-Ric-

• Crazy poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: 2019-09-20 14:22:24 »
So, apparently FF7 and 8 are getting a physical release for the Nintendo Switch in the Asia markets. They'll come bundled in the same box and have full English support.

Time to pay those import taxes...  :-D

DLPB

• No life
  • For I realized that God's a young man, too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: 2019-09-20 17:31:29 »
"remastered"  <  Think that's def more accurate.  Spreading fake news otherwise.  :-D

greator

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: 2019-09-20 20:16:30 »
So, apparently FF7 and 8 are getting a physical release for the Nintendo Switch in the Asia markets. They'll come bundled in the same box and have full English support.

Time to pay those import taxes...  :-D

"Full english support" that was a stupid advertisement remark. Since when FF7 and FF8 have asian language? (chinese etc)
All we got since then is all either Japanese or English. And we prefer English over everything else. If it's not in english then dont even bother to call it Asian release.

-Ric-

• Crazy poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: 2019-09-20 22:30:54 »
"Full english support" that was a stupid advertisement remark.

Uh it wasn't a "stupid advertisement remark". It was a fact. A lot of people are under the impression that Play-Asia only ships Japanese games, which is incorrect. That was merely to clear any doubts that this physical version maybe would support Japanese only.

Is that really triggering? lmao.
« Last Edit: 2019-09-20 22:33:29 by -Ric- »

Dark_Ansem

• Insane poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: 2019-09-25 07:37:38 »
I know modders really hate to work with this remaster but I really really hope that someone could work on it.

I just can't stand at the ugliness of the 2003 character model. Even fanmade HD skin cant fix it.

What's wrong with it? Square pulled another one?

rartart

• Cool newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: 2019-09-25 17:56:03 »

fortunately the remaster solved the problem of the models

greator

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: 2019-09-27 18:37:23 »
fortunately the remaster solved the problem of the models

Yeah right? That's why I really hope that someone could work with this remaster so we can play with these new models. Creating a perfect remaster.

WarlockTrade

• View Profile
« Reply #239 on: 2019-10-06 13:05:11 »
For my remastered is not only graphic update. Remastered is update gameplay and history.

Lorath

• Cool newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: 2019-10-06 18:31:46 »
For my remastered is not only graphic update. Remastered is update gameplay and history.

... that's not how a remaster works. That's a remake or even a reboot.

The word "remastered" is mostly used for audio and video only (or if you just want to make confusion to your customers like in this case, as there's nothing really remastered)
« Last Edit: 2019-10-06 18:33:25 by Lorath »

WarlockTrade

• View Profile
« Reply #241 on: 2019-10-10 13:09:44 »
What is cool advice for my now