Author Topic: Question about modifying FF7 question/answer dialogs  (Read 282 times)

Jairus

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
Hi, wasn't sure where this should go so feel free to move it to a more appropriate place if need be. I was just wondering how to adjust the question/answer dialogs in FF7. Not the text, I know  how to do that, but moving where the selection cursor goes when picking an answer. For example, say there's a box with 4 lines of text normally, and the cursor position for the answers is set for a box with that number of lines. If I wanted to add another line to the box, how would I shift the cursor position of the choice selections downward to account for that? I haven't been able to figure out which tool to use for that. Thanks for any help you guys can give.

DLPB

• No life
  • For I realized that God's a young man, too.
    • View Profile
Re: Question about modifying FF7 question/answer dialogs
« Reply #1 on: 2019-07-05 21:00:44 »
That's done by Makou Reactor tool.  You set it in field script.  Look at places this happens by using Makou Reactor and loading flevel.lgp

touphScript can also do it automatically by using #o
« Last Edit: 2019-07-05 21:02:23 by DLPB »

Jairus

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
Re: Question about modifying FF7 question/answer dialogs
« Reply #2 on: 2019-07-06 02:40:28 »
Can you give an example of how to use #o in TS? I haven't been able to figure it out and the readme doesn't really explain it very well.

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out. Thanks anyway, though!
« Last Edit: 2019-07-06 03:08:16 by Jairus »