Author Topic: Rule enforcement  (Read 1216 times)

obesebear

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Rule enforcement
« on: 2020-03-18 19:17:31 »
It has been brought to our attention that there has been an uptick in insults and baiting/trolling recently.  For those of you that have been around for long enough, you may remember a time when these forums were extremely toxic.  Thankfully Qhimm was still around and assigned new admins and mods who were able to immediately start handing out the mass warnings and bans that put this site back on the right track.

The forum is still much better than it was back then, but some of the rules aren't being followed as well as they should be.  More specifically
RULES

Don't Be a d*ck
Be courteous, polite and show respect to others. Use of the forums is a privilege, not a right. Being a d*ck may get you warned. It may get you moderated. You might get banned for being a d*ck. Even if you are right and someone else is wrong, keep things civil. Incendiary comments directed at individuals or groups of members are not allowed.

If you really can't get along with someone, you can put them on ignore. But don't mention the fact you're ignoring someone as a taunt or parting shot - just do it quietly. Telling someone you're ignoring them to insult them is prohibited.
The staff will be monitoring and enforcing this to a much greater extent than we have been.  Those who are chronic offenders may very well find themselves muted or even banned.  There is a report to moderator link in the bottom right hand of every post.  Use it instead of starting a flame war.
The goal here is not to punish, but to create a better, more welcoming environment for everyone.

If you have any questions, please refer to THE RULES stickied on this board.  If you still have an issue, contact myself or any of the other admins or mods.
« Last Edit: 2020-03-18 19:22:39 by obesebear »

Rcarlucci

• Cool newbie
  • Just in case anyone asks, Zeldagirl is my wife.
    • View Profile
Re: Rule enforcement
« Reply #1 on: 2020-03-18 23:01:17 »
I think one of the issues is that its one of the moderators that have been acting out of place and not followings rules, just my opinion. I'm not alone in this opinion either. Here is an example: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=19615 what good are rules if the users that have authority don't follow them, as if they don't apply.....forgive me as this is not directed towards you, but it sounds one sided.
« Last Edit: 2020-03-18 23:20:01 by Rcarlucci »

zeldagirl

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2020-03-18 23:27:17 »
I agree with carlucci, just read the entire thread. I'm new but im not new to being around miserable people. Two of my girlfriends refuse to join because of crap like this. If everyone, even the higher ups can't follow rules why even bother. Not you Mr. Bear...

Luigi Brosse

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2020-03-19 13:49:52 »
Thanks for stepping up.

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2020-03-19 20:49:52 »
DLPB is not a moderator. He has been given the ability to remove posts in his reunion thread. Thats it.

sithlord48

• No life
  • Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #5 on: 2020-03-21 19:33:21 »
If everyone, even the higher ups can't follow rules why even bother.
DLPB a "Higher Up" That's Funny, You must be new here.lol. He's just a member who has made a few mods. DLPB is consistently DLPB , His Behavior is the reason he would never be considered for a moderator position.

DLPB

• No life
  • The ascension of the ordinary man
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2020-03-23 04:48:23 »
DLPB a "Higher Up" That's Funny, You must be new here.lol. He's just a member who has made a few mods. DLPB is consistently DLPB , His Behavior is the reason he would never be considered for a moderator position.

And nor would I want it.

LeonhartGR

• No life
  • ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #7 on: 2020-03-27 12:50:17 »
DLPB is fun! Do not become d*cks yourselves haha   ;D