Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] FFNx - Next generation driver with native Steam support!  (Read 17827 times)

Topken

• View Profile
I am loading via 7H and yeah I am aware of the 60FPS issue with FFNX and that is set to 15FPS personally. I have the same setup on a different computer and everything is working fine over there so there is an issue with this PC it would seem.

Here are the mods I have enabled which aren't out of the norm. Animations is already set to 0:15FPS so that isn't the cause of my headache with this setup.
« Last Edit: 2020-10-11 20:07:10 by Topken »

-Ori

• In the garage, I feel safe.
  • No one laughs about my ways.
    • View Profile
    • The Reunion
Here are the mods I have enabled which aren't out of the norm. Animations is already set to 0:15FPS so that isn't the cause of my headache with this setup.

regardless, you can confirm you have completely turned the animations mod off and the same thing happened?

if it does, the next step is to turn ALL the mods off and try to see if it works

if it launches but crashes when the game becomes responsive, its almost certainly a mod compatibility issue
« Last Edit: 2020-10-13 00:51:58 by -Ori »

LordUrQuan

• Alpha testing your worst nightmares
  • LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
That screenshot is just which mods you have active, not the options within them.

TrueOdin

• View Profile
It is with great pleasure that I would like to announce the newest FFNx 1.8.0 release :)

Improved rendering performance, super-smooth Vulkan and DirectX 12 support, astonishing Audio Engine and much much more are waiting for you to be explored in this new release.

Feel free to know more about it in the official changelog: https://github.com/julianxhokaxhiu/FFNx/wiki/Changelog_v1.8.0

A special thank you to all the people who have worked together with me in this new milestone.

Looking forward for great new achievements in the future.

Until then, enjoy!

AuthenticM

• View Profile
It is with great pleasure that I would like to announce the newest FFNx 1.8.0 release :)

Improved rendering performance, super-smooth Vulkan and DirectX 12 support, astonishing Audio Engine and much much more are waiting for you to be explored in this new release.

Feel free to know more about it in the official changelog: https://github.com/julianxhokaxhiu/FFNx/wiki/Changelog_v1.8.0

A special thank you to all the people who have worked together with me in this new milestone.

Looking forward for great new achievements in the future.

Until then, enjoy!

Congratulations! Looking at the changelog, this is a very sweet release indeed!

I have a question. Would FFNx 1.8 allow a mod that tries to implement a menu layout similar to FF7 Remake?

By that I mean having the menu entries on the left, full character portraits in the middle, and even having the menu transparent so that the player can see the gameplay screen behind it.

I believe that I have read, in the past, that the menu screen layout in FF7 is pretty hardcoded into the game, which makes it difficult to be modified. That's why I'm asking; I'm curious if advances have been made on that front.

Thank you
« Last Edit: 2020-10-23 05:17:04 by AuthenticM »

Chrysalis

• ESUI Developer
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
It is possible, but as always with UI layout changes it requires knowing the memory/executable addresses to modify, and in some cases custom code may need to be injected into the game.  On my mod ESUI, I did document the address modifications I did so you can extract the mod to find some of these addresses, I do not know all the addresses required to achieve this though so some effort is required to pull it off.  The bit I am unsure off is if the game background can be visible behind the menu, the game very likely does not keep the field rendered, when the menu is on screen, the frame rate is changed as an example when the menu is drawn.

Salk

• View Profile
Congratulations on this newest release!

The change-log is indeed impressive and if I understand correctly now it will be possible to have the animated background working also when using upscaled background textures?

Cheers!

Zera

• View Profile
Did you manage to implement proper analog support? Also, is it possible to use Tonberry with this driver (I think it wasn't last time I checked)?

EDIT: Never mind, the answer is no to both. I got hopeful when XInput support was mentioned.
« Last Edit: 2020-11-24 23:19:33 by Zera »

andreasaspenberg

• View Profile
i have no issues running final fantasy 8. it actually works better in my version of windows 10 than it did in windows xp(that goes for both steam and disc versions). even the installer worked perfectly. the steam version of final fantasy 7 also works perfectly. i have tested them recently. final fantasy 7 and 8 on steam i tested while i was writing this.