Author Topic: Enhance FF7 midi with any soundcard  (Read 12205 times)

KojiroTakenashi

• Insane poster
    • View Profile
Enhance FF7 midi with any soundcard
« Reply #25 on: 2003-06-20 03:09:39 »
My issue is that I don't know jack :p I just came up with the idea, and I can get people to let me try and sample their instruments...but that's it.

I've got a Chorus I would like to borrow...

zaphod77

• Cool newbie
    • View Profile
Re: Enhance FF7 midi with any soundcard
« Reply #26 on: 2011-04-28 00:01:31 »
Okay. the deal with iseki is that it uses portmenteau, not pitch wheel. look at the xg version of hte midi file to get the midi controller info to put it in there.

However, the awe32 doesn't support it, and neither do most sound cards.

That said, there may be a softsynth that DOES support it.  I shall research.  I think BASSMIDI is promising. 

Many of the midi files themselves need editing, though.  Right off the top of my head, i can name the following.
iseki. portmenteau fix.
dokubo. pitch wheel fix. the bass is supposed to pitch shift during the riff. (i did this as part of my old project)
elec. missing high guitar in intro, missing portmenteau at start of later guitar riff, missing notes in guitar riff, missing repetition of entire chorus.
bat. missing ocarina harmony, wrong instrument at start.
chu. volume levels off (otherwise correct, though)
chu2. needs major fixing. instrument balance is wayyy off.
prelude. obvious wrong instrument, don't even think the right one is in there.  should be less harp and more square wave.
fan2. wrong instrument, sequencing error in strings that causes them to get cut off.
ob (bombing mission) pretty good, actually. but i think there's a wrong instrument near the end, and the levels are off as usual.
aseri. missing it's filter sweep on the bass line. this is unforgivable, as the awe32 was perfectly capable of replicating it! otherwise stellar.
« Last Edit: 2011-04-28 00:03:05 by zaphod77 »

sl1982

• Administrator
  • No life
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
Re: Enhance FF7 midi with any soundcard
« Reply #27 on: 2011-04-28 00:30:27 »
This thread is 8 years old. Please read the rules. Locked.