Miscellaneous Forums > Archive

No sound effects in ff7 (win2k)

<< < (3/4) > >>

Threesixty:
What OS... there is a solution for Win95 and 98 and I guess ME that I know of....I already stated it, earlier.

Inside Add/Remove programs, in windows setup the Audio Compression needs to have a check mark by it.....or you have to uncheck it, reboot, and recheck it, reboot. There is no Windows setup in ADD/remove programs of Win2000 and XP.

CorDharel:
I know that there isn't one. I am using WinXP  :weep:

But I had sound once! It's not so that I tried to install it and have no sound since the beginning!

Threesixty:
...what about inside FF7. Inside the menu, under Config, under Set Volume and Music level. Is that set to 100? And is the volume for the Wave on your computer set to max?

Don't worry about that volume for the MIDI in FF7, most cards don't support that, That volume slider is supposed to control the music volume.

If you say it worked in the past and now it doesn't.....what did you install since then? Any DirectX updates?

Rubicant:
I dunno if this'll help...but I noticed something while modifying the registry components of ff7. In the "sound" key, there's something called "Sound_GUID". I deleted the entire thing and when I opened up ff7config.exe, there was a blank slot in where there was to be a sound device. In other words, there was no sound device selected. I started FF7, and sounds played anyways, even though no device was "selected". So I'm assuming it picks the primary sound device. Maybe it's possible that the sound drivers they are using won't work with ff7, or else they installed DX9 which words "wonders" against FF7pc.

CorDharel:

--- Quote ---what about inside FF7. Inside the menu, under Config, under Set Volume and Music level. Is that set to 100? And is the volume for the Wave on your computer set to max?

--- End quote ---

Like I said, I have 2 settings to set: The first is "disabled" the second I can set from 0 to 100... Don't know what is music and what is sound effect.

--- Quote ---And is the volume for the Wave on your computer set to max?

--- End quote ---

Yep it is. All other sound thingies work like mp3 or sound in other games.

--- Quote ---Don't worry about that volume for the MIDI in FF7, most cards don't support that, That volume slider is supposed to control the music volume.

--- End quote ---

So in the config program of FF7 the first "sound" thing is for the sound effects and the second with this "General MIDI" stuff is for the music?

--- Quote ---what did you install since then? Any DirectX updates?
--- End quote ---

I installed directX9, but I also downgraded to DirectX5, but this didn't work. I think I also installed a sound card driver I found on the internet.

Perhaps FF7 sound effect worked when I installed WinXP. Then I applied the sound card driver then it didnt work anymore. So the solution could be to

a) format (I DONT WANT TO FORMAT MY SWEET PC AGAIN!  :D  )
b) deinstall the driver and install the default sound driver from winxp. But how should I do this? Install the driver from the winxp cd?  :erm:

On the official site I read anything like "dont install quicktime .... blabla ..... FF7 sound wont work anymore ...... blabla.... that it works again you have to reinstall windows and NOT install quicktime anymore..."
That would be the worst case!  :isee:

[Edit] HEY I remembered something on the toilet!!! :D

Before I installed the sound driver, the entry in the configuration tool of FF7, the first thing not the second, was something like "GS270" and now it is something like "PCI235". So when I can manage to go back to the previous state the sound should work again!  8)

Any suggestions?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version