Well, well... sure it's been a while. I finally found some time to spend on Kimera and ironed a couple of bugs. Turns out the reason why 3ds files were untextured in-game was because I didn't pay enough attention to information kindly provided by Aali. Well, serves me right. The problem was with a flag on the render states (you can now edit them on the groups properties) that was telling the game to not draw any textures.
By the way, I encourage you to play with the render states and the blending modes. You can get pretty interesting results with some imagination.
Some will say this is too few too late. And probably they will be right. But I've been busy with real life and Kimera became quiet a chore. Besides, it looks like every VB6 program it's doomed when Windows 8 gets released, becasue MS has decided to cese any kind of support for it (I guess they have decided it's time to push VB.Net of once and for all). Don't expect any more updates (maybe some bugfix, but nothing major). This project is pretty much dead.
On the other hand, I'm working on something else that may interest you all.
See you around.