Author Topic: [Tutorial] The newbie's tutorial for The Reunion Patch  (Read 103536 times)

Otokoshi

• Freak
    • View Profile
The newbie's tutorial for The Reunion Patch
« Reply #50 on: 2005-12-05 21:08:05 »
What was the point of quoting yourself?  If you don't understand his explanation, then ask for further assisatance.

Great Sephiroth

• Crazy poster
  • I Will never be ........ a memory
    • View Profile
little problem with LGPtools
« Reply #51 on: 2005-12-13 05:52:08 »
When I try to make the char.lgp(new) files the lgp tools crash. I mean there is nothing i can do with itand i go  check with Ctrl+Alt+Del and it said not responding i dont know what to do

Did I need special configuration to make my char.lgp with the lgptools

Somebody hHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPP

The Great Sephiroth

ps i have the french version of FF7

Great Sephiroth

• Crazy poster
  • I Will never be ........ a memory
    • View Profile
ok its patch
« Reply #52 on: 2005-12-13 07:16:48 »
Ok forgot my las thread its just verry long before it does something but a want to know just a little thing.....

Did u can do something to have Sephiroth Instead of Cloud

vidhath

yuffie freeze
« Reply #53 on: 2006-01-07 14:24:03 »
Hey I'm having a problem with getting Yuffie.
Everytime I beat her in the fight and the screen is supposed to switch to the one with her lying on the ground, the game freezes up. Anyone else have a similarproblem and is there a fix?

Aaron

• No life
    • View Profile
    • http://aaron-kelley.net/
« Reply #54 on: 2006-01-07 14:31:04 »
1. Don't revive old threads, especially when your post doesn't have anything to do with the thread (unless you are using this patch?  You should mention that).
2. No reason to post the same request more than once.

vidhath

« Reply #55 on: 2006-01-08 20:45:03 »
Yes, I am using this patch, sorry I didnt mention it. Was just wondering if anyone else had this problem, as I never did before installing the reunion patch and this was the Noobs installation guide. I figured it might possible be due to some clipping in the screen where shes on the ground.

Luctus

« Reply #56 on: 2006-01-13 09:24:11 »
Hrm...the readme file found in riva_TNT.exe patch linked in the tutorial says it's the readme for version 1.01 although the tutorials says to upgrade to 1.02

Nevertheless, I can't get my new char.lgp created with LGPtools (1.60 build 1, so it should be right version) to work with either original game exe, 1.01 linked in this thread, a 1.02 patch I found elsewhere or the animevamp 1.04 XP patch.  I've got no other patches, like high-res patch, applied either.

Game crashes whenever I try to leave worldmap in my saved game or trying to start a new game ("can't find file..." message like Kinseek and Carbone). The patched world map model works fine though.

I selected a maximum install when making a clean install (although it's only some ~600Mb, not 1Gb like the tutorial says) and I'm quite sure I created the new char.lgp correctly.

*extract original char.lgp to directory data/field/char/
*apply reunion patch (say's it's applied successfully)
*create a new char.lgp with LGPtools with the content of the patched directory
*replace original char.lgp with new char.lgp

Is there anything I've missed?

Eric1987

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2006-01-27 22:26:08 »
Quote from: DarkKnight
Yarr, I'm back.  8)

So, I did it exactly as said in that magnificent tutorial, but a crash occurs when trying to start the game. And I mean when I click the exe., it won't even go to the main menu.

Maybe it's the LPG Tools...
Does it matter if the Ficedule.dll file is version 1.51? At least I couldn't find a 1.6 version at the site.

And yes, I do have the bought version of the game, updated to 1.2, maximum install and all that...
But I do have the high resolution-patch installed, and the JENOVA-program too.
 :-?

Re-install, anyone?

Edit:
The re-install didn't work. The game just won't start.
Pfft, I cannot be arsed anymore. :z
G'day.

I'm getting that exact same problem.

Chrisu

• Insane poster
  • Simply there
    • View Profile
    • Christian's Programs
« Reply #58 on: 2006-02-24 18:46:06 »
Could anyone load up a patched world_us.lgp and menu_us.lgp PLEASE?
Somehow, the patch seems not to update mine but i'd like to play with cool cloud and world map... :(
Or, just tell a noob how to make the patch update these files.
 :wink:

Enya

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
Damnit
« Reply #59 on: 2006-02-25 16:32:44 »
Well hello there my little friends.

Now, im truly upset. Why is that? For starters evrything our beloved forummember Veclord wrote is exactly what i was doing in the first place. First i want to thank you Veclord for at least make me see that i did the right things in the right order.

But holy smohly, im still upset. Now why is that, really? Well, the reunion patch still causes trouble in loads of pieces. Im kinda stuck really at the point where i should use the program, and well, look at this:

http://img488.imageshack.us/my.php?image=reunionpatcherror8tu.gif

I have absolutley no clue what to do, and am really really tired, not to mention bored of trying to make this work. Therefore im just gonna go and take a nap, and hope that some nice human being knows what the problem is and care to help.

Thank you,,,  :wicked:

Chrisu

• Insane poster
  • Simply there
    • View Profile
    • Christian's Programs
« Reply #60 on: 2006-02-25 21:08:06 »
Just forget it, noone will help you here... :weep:

Steel

« Reply #61 on: 2006-02-25 23:11:49 »
Firts of all, it works fine for me, thank to you Dziugo

and for Enya - I think you have corrupted your files. Did you try to reinstall ff7 and install this patch again?? If you so, I only can you recommend you to "install" all those files manualy! What version(language) have you got?

Enya

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2006-02-26 00:01:29 »
Well, i didnt want to reinstall it all, but maybe thats a good idea  :erm: . Hope it will work then. Well, i got the english veresion of the game, like most people i guess. Im gonna go right to reinstall the game, and keep you guys updated  :wink:

Chrisu

• Insane poster
  • Simply there
    • View Profile
    • Christian's Programs
« Reply #63 on: 2006-02-26 09:27:16 »
Just like all other times i try...noone wants to help me with my problem...
Does really nobody have an idea?

Otokoshi

• Freak
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2006-02-26 11:34:40 »
Quote from: Grisu
Could anyone load up a patched world_us.lgp and menu_us.lgp PLEASE?
Somehow, the patch seems not to update mine but i'd like to play with cool cloud and world map...
Or, just tell a noob how to make the patch update these files.

Well you are not going to get anyone to upload their files.  The forum does have strict rules against piracy.  You have the German version right?  Have you tried renaming those files to the English name before applying the patch?  This may solve your problem.

Chrisu

• Insane poster
  • Simply there
    • View Profile
    • Christian's Programs
« Reply #65 on: 2006-02-26 11:59:30 »
Doesnt work.
The patch checks if you have german or english version, so it wont install if you have the german lgps and their names are _us. It just installs if you have a german file name _gm or an english file named _us.

EDIT: Would it be possible to send me those english patched files per e-mail?

Enya

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2006-02-26 12:10:53 »
Well, frustrating as hell. This time i got the reunion patch to, well, patch and it all went well, tíl i was going to start a new game that is. Of course the game says "couldnt find bla bla,,," and then shortly after, what my friends? You got it. CRASH!

I´ve tried endlessly many different paths to make this work, i´ve reinstalled FF7 countless amounts of times and it still dosent work, which frustrates you as *ugly word*!

I see that a lot of people have wrote about this in this thread, like Cloudiz, and one that described my problem more correctly, Carbone, at the page 2. Well, i dont know what to do, so i hope this thread will become more active so that more people hopefully wants to write advises and solutions to this problem, cause now folks, i´m giving up  :z

And sorry Grisu, i would have helped you if i knew how to  :love:

Otokoshi

• Freak
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2006-02-26 15:56:54 »
Sorry Grisu, I'm trying to help you out.  Maybe if some one just sent you the patched model files you are missing and not the entire .lgp archive.  Then you could manually put it in your german .lgp files via LGP Tools.  I'm guessing that would be arlight, as it's just a user created/modified model sans installer.  If I'm wrong correct me.  I'm away from home right now so I can't help you with that at the moment. :-?   I'm sure someone can though.

Chrisu

• Insane poster
  • Simply there
    • View Profile
    • Christian's Programs
« Reply #68 on: 2006-02-27 13:49:14 »
Oh yes please help me
Thats my email: [email protected]
So, if anyone could send me the models in menu_us and world_us lgp reunion has modified i would be very  :D !!
Thank you! :wink:

Chrisu

• Insane poster
  • Simply there
    • View Profile
    • Christian's Programs
« Reply #69 on: 2006-02-27 20:31:45 »
Can noone just extract the files reunion has modifiedin world and menu lgp and send them to me, pls??? :weep:

Borde

• Freak
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2006-02-28 11:59:22 »
Ok Grisu, here you have those damn files.
http://www.webamedida.com/~borde/p_wm.rar
I think I didn't forgot anything. Those are just for wm.lgp, don't know what was changed in menu.lgp

Chrisu

• Insane poster
  • Simply there
    • View Profile
    • Christian's Programs
« Reply #71 on: 2006-02-28 12:18:57 »
THANK YOU!!!!!!!

--------------------

Are there any files changed in menu_us.lgp?

Maybe i can change them myself with lgp tools...

Enya

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2006-02-28 18:44:23 »
Dunno if its against the rules, but what the heck, im gonna ask anyway. Is there by any chanse possibly for someone to upload a working char.lgp file? If not, somebody could send it to my email? PM or write here for answer guys. It seems i cant live without this patch  :-?

Updated: I get the pictue that asking a request for someone to do the dirty work for you isnt very popular, and against the rules. Thank you anyways  8) . And well, btw i somehow managed it to work. Guess Merlin threw a spell over me or something.

One-Winged Advent

So close... yet so far away
« Reply #73 on: 2006-03-11 13:41:40 »
I did everything on the tutorial up to the part where you replace the old LPG file with the new one. When I try to save it over the old file, LPG tools freezes up! URGGHHH SO CLOSE! Can someone please help me? (I have 1.60 by the way)

Borde

• Freak
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2006-03-11 14:12:31 »
Are you sure it froze? How long did you waited? Keep in mind that LGP tools doesn't have any kind of progress bar. While it's working, it just stops responding. Wait a few minutes.