Author Topic: Gaea's Cliff crash  (Read 6358 times)

dalai

• View Profile
Gaea's Cliff crash
« on: 2005-10-24 03:27:53 »
Well after seeing the FF7 Advent Children movie, which is one bad ass movie, I decided to go back and play the game. I tried PC version this time since my ps2 laser gave out. I'm at Gaea's Cliff where Cloud climbs up and the movie begins and then it freezes but the music continues. I've spent many hours uping everyone's HP level and getting everyone's Limit breaks and then this happens. Fuuuuuck! Can anyone please help me. I installed the latest Patch, 1.4.  I played through FF8 without any problems so I know it's not my pc. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
PS
My friend made me an image of his originals so I'm mounting it using Alcholo 120% if that helps.

Tsukiyomi

• View Profile
Gaea's Cliff crash
« Reply #1 on: 2005-10-24 05:11:09 »
I had the same problem, the problem is that the video file for that scene is corrupted, so u gotta replace the video file on the cd, which u can do with magiciso i believe.

dalai

• View Profile
Gaea's Cliff crash
« Reply #2 on: 2005-10-24 05:36:20 »
Hey there,

Thanks for the reply. With what other videos do you replace it with? I really want to continue this on the PC since I spent alot of time on it already.

Thanks.

Tsukiyomi

• View Profile
Gaea's Cliff crash
« Reply #3 on: 2005-10-24 05:45:33 »
umm...well i replaced it with the same uncorrupted video...although i 4got where i freakin' got it though, it was a while ago, think there was some backup video pack somewhere sometime...but in any case, you could try just replacing it with any working video with similar length (like another ff7 video?), but i'm not sure what the effects would be, but it might work in theory...

Larken

• View Profile
Gaea's Cliff crash
« Reply #4 on: 2005-10-24 13:03:42 »
Just take any avi file from the disc that has a similar length and rename it to the movie that's supposed to play and run the game. I did it last time, worked, but that's only if you don't mind watching something that's irrelevant to the story at that point. I believe dzuigo is working on a fix for this, or he might be too busy :wink:

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
Gaea's Cliff crash
« Reply #5 on: 2005-10-24 13:21:41 »
Working? Nope... not really :P. Right now I'm trying to collect some info about the scale of the problem (how many people actually has those corrupted movies). Hmm... also, I'm trying to get my C++Builder CDs back :roll:.

Check this if you want to "test" your files, and/or send me your save-game and I'll watch that movie for you...

dziugo

dalai

• View Profile
Gaea's Cliff crash
« Reply #6 on: 2005-10-24 17:30:14 »
Hey all,

Thanks guys I will try the switching movie files and if I can't get it then I'll send dziugo my save file and if you can get me past the next save point, that would be great. I won't beable to do this until I get off work tonight.

Thanks members

dalai

• View Profile
Gaea's Cliff crash
« Reply #7 on: 2005-10-25 14:29:06 »
Hey all,

Well switching the movie file worked! I really didn't want to because I wanted to see what I was missing. I also noticed some of the other movies I checked out was playing upside down. I think I read about this and there is a patch. Well anyway at least the movie that I was missing was only 33 seconds and not that important. Thanks for your help members. Very much appreciated!!! Till next.

Jon.

peeInMyPantz

Gaea's Cliff crash
« Reply #8 on: 2005-12-26 08:31:25 »
Quote from: dalai
Hey all,

Well switching the movie file worked! I really didn't want to because I wanted to see what I was missing. I also noticed some of the other movies I checked out was playing upside down. I think I read about this and there is a patch. Well anyway at least the movie that I was missing was only 33 seconds and not that important. Thanks for your help members. Very much appreciated!!! Till next.

Jon.

Hi, do you remember which avi file did you use to replace that corrupted avi? I've tried something with the same length.. 33 secs. but it didn't work..  i thought maybe it's because the filesize was only half of the corrupted version.