Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] gjoerulv's "Hardcore" mod (v1.0.7)  (Read 648316 times)

gjoerulv

• No life
  • me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] gjoerulv's "Hardcore" mod (v1.0.7)
« Reply #1900 on: 2018-11-09 13:42:15 »
Ye, Tifa's ultimate weapon is the most annoying imo. It would be ok if you weren't forced to use your limit. 4xcut Platinum fist Tifa with full limit gauge at lvl 4 would be nice to use (mime?). But every time she dies here ultimate is just as useless.
I wanted to keep the mechanics as similar as vanilla as possible, in other words, the same "flaws" will naturally follow. In the case of Tifa however I would be willing to change it, considering this is "hardcore" meaning you'll die a lot more, rendering her ultimate useless.

soku

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: 2018-11-09 16:43:53 »
Got ya - although I say personally, I would have better experience with more things changed/balanced, I can clearly understand your point of not drifting too far away from vanilla. It's your mod after all - and also judging from other testimonies, you did a great job. It's also nice to address things your reviewers mentioned.

By the way, there was one more peculiar thing I experienced during Bizzarro fight which I forgot to mention. I'm not completely sure, but I think I experienced a smiliar/the same thing on another battle with a new enemy, or a new enemy attack, or at least an altered enemy attack. So here's the deal:
When Bizzarro uses Aurora Fence, it is supposed to eat your MP up, and additionally remove positive statuses. So I noticed, even when it stated "Miss" on a character, the MP "damage" was "dodged" as expected, but the statuses were still removed. Is this intended to work that way?

And another thing about Aurora Fence: It also removes Sadness, even when you are immune to Sadness and Fury (=equipping Peace Ring and give your chars Sadness before the Battle). Is that intended too?

gjoerulv

• No life
  • me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #1902 on: 2018-11-11 13:54:58 »
By the way, there was one more peculiar thing I experienced during Bizzarro fight which I forgot to mention. I'm not completely sure, but I think I experienced a smiliar/the same thing on another battle with a new enemy, or a new enemy attack, or at least an altered enemy attack. So here's the deal:
When Bizzarro uses Aurora Fence, it is supposed to eat your MP up, and additionally remove positive statuses. So I noticed, even when it stated "Miss" on a character, the MP "damage" was "dodged" as expected, but the statuses were still removed. Is this intended to work that way?

And another thing about Aurora Fence: It also removes Sadness, even when you are immune to Sadness and Fury (=equipping Peace Ring and give your chars Sadness before the Battle). Is that intended too?

To be honest I'm not sure I knew about that dodge thing. Dispel attacks may not have been meant to be able to miss in the 1st place. Iirc you can't specify that status effects apply even if the attack misses (pretty sure you can't), ie the devs didn't bother to deal with that mechanic since they weren't supposed to miss, or it's a bug.

It is possible to make attacks ignore status defense though, but that flag is not on aurora fence. The sadness and fury flags are not on that attack either. When I look at the attack data I can't imagine I meant it to act like how you report here (but it's many years, who knows what I thought back then lol). I have to check this myself.

KittyJaws

• Fast newbie
  • Person who isn't a person
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: 2018-11-19 01:02:09 »
=
« Last Edit: 2018-11-23 18:44:50 by KittyJaws »