I'm replacing the original Super Nintendo translation with the Gameboy Advance version, and bits and pieces of SkyRender's. For those of you who don't know, the SNES translation was awful. The GBA translation is like the director's cut. SkyRender's is a fan-made translation that was very, very literal. I'm taking some sentences from his that I feel have more impact. You may be thinking to yourself "Why don't I just play the GBA version?". Well, the music sounds terrible, and the game is even more censored and kiddy than the SNES version.The game will be more adult...tastefully.
- Because the game was extremely easy. It won't be unbelievably hard...Basically if there were options for difficulty since the original was very easy, it would be on normal. I guess it would be considered hard for newcomers but I've always liked my games to be hard, but not impossible.
*Uncensored sprites for enemies/espers
- The American version censored the female enemies and espers that showed a little nudity.
*No lame synonyms of curse words.
- For example: Kefka: Son of a submariner!
Becomes - Kefka: Son of a b*tch! (Without the star...of course, this board censors those words.)
- I've always liked holding down a button to run.
- Vanish/Doom, Sketch, Evade, Psycho Cyan.
If anyone is interested let me know, you can test it out and look for any bugs or grammar problems for me. I'm almost done...like 75%.BETA ONE (February 17th, 2008)