Author Topic: Kingdom Hearts Cloud Battle Model  (Read 177133 times)

apz freak

• View Profile
Kingdom Hearts Cloud Battle Model
« on: 2008-04-04 06:01:11 »
    I pulled the Cloud out of Kingdom Hearts and chopped him up for use like many of you here at this board. But what I wanted to see was an updated version that would look like the original, but with the new details found in Crisis Core's secret ending. If they make a re-make it's probably gonna look like that! Except the difference for me is that I wanted to keep the original hair-do.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want a cool Cloud to download, go to my new
!!!!The APZ Cloud Project!!!! ~*]--(RELEASE!!!)--[*~
thread here:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LET ME EXPLAIN SOMETHING!!!
  • This is NOT for release! The pictures are all I can give you legally, Enjoy!
  • Please DO NOT PM me about sending this Cloud or Sephiroth model to you to use in FFVIIPC!!!
  • Please DO NOT PM me about sending this Cloud or Sephiroth model to you to use in FFVIIPC!!!
  • PLEASE DO NOT PM ME ABOUT SENDING THIS CLOUD OR SEPHIROTH MODEL FOR YOU TO USE IN FFVIIPC!!! I won't do it!!!
  • PLEASE DO NOT PM ME ABOUT SENDING THIS CLOUD OR SEPHIROTH MODEL FOR YOU TO USE IN FFVIIPC!!! I won't do it!!!

Just click on the pictures to see them bigger.

CLOUD

SEPHIROTH

Scale Model Reference

Use these to help you put the right details on your own Cloud, or use them to model your own front scratch![/list]
« Last Edit: 2009-06-04 22:15:16 by apz freak »

Kuroda Masahiro

• Stopped modding FF7.
    • View Profile
Re: Cloud Replacement Model
« Reply #1 on: 2008-04-04 08:09:53 »
i assume it won't be for release due to legal restrictions?

but very nice for what you've done, i would definitively use this if you released it if that counts for anything.

squallff8

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008-04-04 08:13:29 »
O_0
It's awesome!GREAT!
Is it Crisis Core model avaliable now to use?

P.S.maybe you will make field model same to battle?

*:.Griever.:*

• Formerly Tidus_Lionheart
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008-04-04 09:00:18 »
Yea, I know the 'legal reasons' suck, but I would also use this if it was by chance released.  Nice work :-)

Mattie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008-04-04 09:13:51 »
I must say that this is, in my opinion, the best cloud version I've seen. Nice work :)

Viashino

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008-04-04 12:59:33 »
Do to copy writes and legal mobo jumbo, cant be released.  Over all i like the idea, looks nice and gives the game a cartoony cloud but its good.  I perfered the one from kh2, i took that one and the sephiroth.  Its nice over all but it kinda loses something.  Well sorta LOL seeing sephiroth with his wings and stuff does kinda add a smile to my face watching the first solders die.  Anyway nice work.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008-04-04 16:19:54 »
Since it isn't a port of the KH Cloud there is no reason he couldn't release this if he decides to.   Apzfreak's model looks nothing like Cloud in either of those games and would most likely be considered an original work (fan art).

I've gotta say, it looks great!  The blocky version is hilarious.   

I don't know if you need reference material, but silenttweak.net has every Crisis Core video uploaded.  May help your modeling.

sword

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008-04-04 16:58:36 »
Ooh, that looks great. Both versons.
I... I want you.

kini

• View Profile
    • open source web
« Reply #8 on: 2008-04-04 18:30:09 »
very nice model, has anyone got a similor tifa model?

supercool330

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008-04-04 21:29:42 »
THIS IS AMAZING
Great work.
Too bad there isn't any way to distribute it.  Could you somehow release a patch to the original model ripped from Kingdom Hearts?
« Last Edit: 2008-04-04 22:02:56 by supercool330 »

Swampthing15

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008-04-05 00:28:48 »
could u not make a prgraom that would extract it and do nexxisarry mods without actually sharing the files? like rip the files out of the existing game on users comp?

Ragna

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008-04-05 06:27:48 »
That is the best Cloud model I've ever seen. You are awesome, pal.

To other people:
This is NOT a ripped Cloud, so he could actually release it with no problems, if he wants.

weeemus

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008-04-05 08:40:49 »
To other people:
This is NOT a ripped Cloud, so he could actually release it with no problems, if he wants.

lol not really...

I pulled the Cloud out of Kingdom Hearts and chopped him

@Henkäys Ikuisuudesta
Even though it may differ from the kingdom hearts cloud, he re modified the original piece. A nice job i must say. But he is still using the kh1 head and a few of the original textures or re modified the textures. The only thing he could release is the belt texture and buster sword. As he mentioned last time or somewhere i read on the forum. He created the buster sword from scratch therefore he could release that if he wanted.

But just by re modifying a model, you still cannot release it. Unless everything was created from scratch.

Edit-

Oh here it is. Though this was when it wasn't upgraded that much as to now.

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=7428.0

I ripped him myself, and transformed him into this:
« Last Edit: 2008-04-05 08:48:25 by weeemus »

LegendarySaiyan

• PS3OnlineID: LegendarySaiyan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008-04-05 08:52:48 »
I love it! looks so good^^ just amazing!
I especially love this one http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i59/apz_freak/cloudbattlemodel5.jpg

LS^^

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008-04-05 09:32:21 »
Even though it may differ from the kingdom hearts cloud, he re modified the original piece. A nice job i must say. But he is still using the kh1 head and a few of the original textures or re modified the textures. The only thing he could release is the belt texture and buster sword. As he mentioned last time or somewhere i read on the forum. He created the buster sword from scratch therefore he could release that if he wanted.

Nicely Put and straight to the point.  :-D I couldn't have said it better myself! I could release the Buster Sword, I made it before I started this whole FFVIIPC thing.

Although I do make my own models, I saw no real reason to start from scratch, I wanted the challenge that getting the KH1 model posed. To me that version is the quintessential Cloud (Well, the Face and hair texture anyways) so I translated that Cloud into the one you see here.

Since I do have the necessary skills to make him myself you may ask, why didn't I make him from scratch? I loved the KH1 Cloud proportions, Texture creation and skinning takes a mild amount of planning and time. Making the model is only half the battle, but texture creation necessitates a stronger need for attention.

Plus I'm just lazy, seeing as how I lead a very busy life! I'm working full time and taking two college classes (Algebra and Compositional Writing) I have an adoring Fiancée who obviously cannot be ignored. I'm the eldest of 8 children (a role model kinda for them) an aspiring graphic designer and artist as well as dabbling musician. I'm usually booked solid for time... But not that anyone here really cares, we all lead busy lives.

That's why I took a short-cut, can you blame me?       No...     Well then good!  :-)

One of these days I am planning an X-Box level quality of several choice FFVII charcters for fun, I'll make them all the right way like Almighty_gir on His Thread. Using normal maps and the whole sha-bang. It'll be a blast!

edit:

But here's what I made myself incase you're interested. The torso was made from scratch using only the shirt part of the KH texture. I made the Shoulder Armor and Wrist Armlet (the models part, not the tex). and Belt Texture  :roll: The rest was modified, repainted, and bent into shape. Thanks for reading if you got through it all!
« Last Edit: 2008-04-05 09:43:03 by apz freak »

weeemus

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008-04-05 09:53:35 »
Wow big family  :-P Well its good to know that your balancing everything out and getting a piece of each slice.
Yeah may be hard to find time to settle and work on some models. But hey yat your own pace, theres plenty of time.

Perhaps model 2 hours once a week if you like. There is no dead line  :-)

Ragna

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008-04-05 11:06:02 »
Oh... sorry. I didn't know it was a KH ripped-&-modified Cloud model.
OMG, now I see that i didn't read you very well.  :oops:
I thouhgt it was everything from scratch... *sigh*

Still, you've done a great job with him.
It would be awesome to see more characters.

P.S.: I am curious to see that SD Cloud model in-game. Could you take a snapshot?
« Last Edit: 2008-04-05 12:21:29 by Henkäys Ikuisuudesta »

Viashino

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008-04-05 13:34:40 »
Heh i know you cant release it so i took the que from you and ripped what i could off kingdom hearts, in the process of redoing cloud (full model if able) tifa, yuffie, cid, and ofcourse sephiroth but i think his sword and wings may pose a probelm.  But hey you did an excellent job with cloud and the buster sword

soldier21

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008-04-05 23:58:07 »
Thanks for making a topic about this and not releasing it to the public, thanks alot. I hardly doubt sony even comes on here, and even if they did they shouldn't be offended that unlike there lazy asses someone is actually trying to make final fantasy 7 look graphically better with the same good old gameplay. And this wouldn't be illegal because you are not charging any money, and its tribute, kind of like ppl are allowed to make free parodies of final fantasy 7. And that looks nothing like the cloud strife from kingdom hearts since the one in kingdom hearts has a cape on himself. And if you're not making any money off it and lawyer can say that you're not doing anything wrong.
« Last Edit: 2008-04-06 00:00:21 by soldier21 »

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008-04-06 02:09:59 »
As a matter of fact most game companies do not like you taking their models and inserting them into other games, and especially not distributing that model to people who may not own the original game.

I personally can't tell it was taken from KH because of the heavy modification, and I think it could be released without so much as a C&D.  However, if apz freak is looking into a career in computer design industry it would probably be best to keep the KH ripped one undistributed.

But lets not turn this topic into another why it can or can't be released.   Apz freak, are you planning on texturing any of the other models?

soldier21

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2008-04-06 02:52:32 »
I'm making an offer to anyone on this forum, who ever gets me that model. I will pay them 100 bucks through paypal, no lying. But the model has to be intact and playable on the pc version. Send me a private message, so squaresoft/squareenix doesn't scare you to death. Ridiculous... I just don't understand why someone would make a topic and kind of rub it in showing screenshots, showing that they have the model and no one else does. It shows immaturity in some ways, it's like if your gonna do that just release it to the public. How can squaresoft even track down the person isp, it's not like they're sharing it on p2p program or some crap. And maybe if squareenix wasn't so lazy they'd be making a graphically better final fantasy 7 so the fans wouldn't have to do it themselves. We didn't even get an official pc patch for final fantasy 7, so we got an unofficial windows xp patch because they were that lazy. And Squaresoft/squareenix would have the nerves to bother the fans that pay their freaking bills?
« Last Edit: 2008-04-06 02:55:30 by soldier21 »

kini

• View Profile
    • open source web
« Reply #21 on: 2008-04-06 07:16:20 »
I'm making an offer to anyone on this forum, who ever gets me that model. I will pay them 100 bucks through paypal, no lying. But the model has to be intact and playable on the pc version. Send me a private message, so squaresoft/squareenix doesn't scare you to death. Ridiculous... I just don't understand why someone would make a topic and kind of rub it in showing screenshots, showing that they have the model and no one else does. It shows immaturity in some ways, it's like if your gonna do that just release it to the public. How can squaresoft even track down the person isp, it's not like they're sharing it on p2p program or some crap. And maybe if squareenix wasn't so lazy they'd be making a graphically better final fantasy 7 so the fans wouldn't have to do it themselves. We didn't even get an official pc patch for final fantasy 7, so we got an unofficial windows xp patch because they were that lazy. And Squaresoft/squareenix would have the nerves to bother the fans that pay their freaking bills?

if i had 100$ to spend on it id probably just buy kOH and rip the model myself, id love the modern models too but its against forum rules so stop asking lol

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2008-04-06 07:54:32 »
Whoah there buddy!

I know I wouldn't get more than a slap on the wrist if I were to release it, they would not dare spend the money it would take to sue a nobody like me. That's not real the reason.

As I see it, using material that someone else made without consent is theft. I'm also an artist, what I did was like taking a photo of someone's painting and photoshoping slight differences on it and calling it my own. Or taking the beginning of someone's song and using it in my own without asking.

I apologize if knowing that I have done this has upset or offended you.

edit:

obesebear Well I was gonna rip out the KH2 Sephiroth and modify him the same way so that he'll be in the original costume style, the same way I did Cloud. But that's about as far as I'm going, I've got way too many projects to turn this one into a main one. It's just some fun I'm having and I'd thought I'd share the results with the community I learned all this FFVIIPC stuff from!
« Last Edit: 2008-04-06 08:02:59 by apz freak »

soldier21

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2008-04-06 09:33:41 »
Whoah there buddy!

I know I wouldn't get more than a slap on the wrist if I were to release it, they would not dare spend the money it would take to sue a nobody like me. That's not real the reason.

obesebear Well I was gonna rip out the KH2 Sephiroth and modify him the same way so that he'll be in the original costume style, the same way I did Cloud. But that's about as far as I'm going, I've got way too many projects to turn this one into a main one. It's just some fun I'm having and I'd thought I'd share the results with the community I learned all this FFVIIPC stuff from!

I'm going to commit suicide because of you
« Last Edit: 2008-04-06 09:38:44 by soldier21 »

*:.Griever.:*

• Formerly Tidus_Lionheart
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2008-04-06 11:35:36 »
If he has the talent to make it, he has the right to keep it to himself, not distribute it if it puts him at any risk.
If you want it, you'll just have to learn how to do it, and do it yourself, that's what I'm doing
I got all the software, and am planning on getting some practice in later today :-)

I'm going to start with Cid btw, if anybody has any suggestions or advice :-)