Author Topic: [PSX/PC] Field Editor - Makou Reactor (1.7.2)  (Read 282521 times)

Konsome

• View Profile
Re: [PSX/PC] Field Editor - Makou Reactor (1.7.2)
« Reply #800 on: 2020-04-21 14:26:48 »
Hello,
Can someone help me with the Field Models tool of Mako?  When I try to view the charater in a flevel file.  All the characters model will center itself on the top right corner of the view box.  Resulting in only 1/4 of the model being on screen.  I can rotate the model in one axis and zoom in the viewer box. 
I am in the process of editing the animation with Kimera. And Mako is helping with identifying and matching animation with character. 
Running this on win 10.  Is there some config edit i am missing?  Thank you.

Konsome

• View Profile
« Reply #801 on: 2020-04-22 11:58:38 »
Version 1.5.1 is working correct with field model centering.  so i have start using that.   Thank you.

myst6re

• Light King of the Savegame - Field Master - FF8.fr
    • View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #802 on: 2020-06-01 18:02:11 »
I'm currently working on the next version of Makou Reactor, with many fixes and new features. Do someone managed to export Walkmesh to obj or collada formats?

Here is the current WIP changelog:

New features:
 - Add/remove field maps (+ show missing maps from the LGP archive)
 - Dark mode option
 - New font editor (aka window.bin editor) [WIP]
 - Auto convert jumps to long jump if needed
 - Add a preview in the LGP archive manager
 - Add export option to PSF file
 - Partial importation of model loader from PS to PC
 - Add support to sega chief/DLPB opcodes
 - Show warnings when the max count of group or script is reached for the game
 - Highlight current item in field/group script/script lists (accessibility)
 - Add buttons in the main toolbar to open tools quickly
 - Add "Search opcode..." context menu in the script
 - Renaming Miscellanous Operations to Batch Processing, and adding background fixes options for fr_e and lastmap
Bug fixes:
 - Fix game path detection for Steam
 - Fix LGP saving corruption error
 - Fix crash on reopening LGP
 - Fix copy/paste jump bug
 - Fix field export error on PS version
 - Trying to open background from MIM and models from BSX when opening a DAT file
 - Fix corruption of field file when group script name has strange characters
 - Catch overflow errors on saving script/text/music changes
 - Fix compatibility with the Android version of flevel.lgp (which breaks the file format a little)
 - Fix modification highlight triggered on non-modified fields
 - Fix wrong spaces in encounter dialog layout
 - Fix background saving when depth is 4 bits per pixel
Internal:
 - Use QOpenGLWidget instead of QGLWidget (maybe a performance boost for FF7 PC)
 - Deployment fixes (thanks Sithlord48)
 - Drop Qt4 compatibility, upgrade to Qt 5.15
 - Some performance improvements
« Last Edit: 2020-06-02 00:11:22 by myst6re »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: 2020-06-01 23:59:13 »
great stuff!
« Last Edit: 2020-06-02 16:08:45 by DLPB »

markul

• View Profile
« Reply #804 on: 2020-06-02 08:40:02 »
I'm currently working on the next version of Makou Reactor, with many fixes and new features. Do someone managed to export Walkmesh to obj or collada formats?

Here is the current WIP changelog:

New features:
 - Add/remove field maps (+ show missing maps from the LGP archive)

Oh! Nice!So, now its posible to add more maps in the index?? :O

myst6re

• View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #805 on: 2020-06-02 08:41:18 »
With the next release of FFNx, you'll be able to use 1200 maps

wubbadubba

• View Profile
« Reply #806 on: 2020-06-02 20:07:58 »
Forgive me if I am reading the WIP changelog incorrectly, but have you addressed the issue described by DLPB on page 29 where opening and saving a PSX disc's bin file - even without making any changes - causes the file no longer load in accurate emulators (i.e. Mednafen)? For what it's worth, I can vouch that this error still occurs on both the newest continuous and stable releases, and I am unsure if it was due to "LGP saving corruption error" or a likewise error that you have already fixed in the upcoming release.

Otherwise, I would like very much to thank you for the creation of this tool. Its simplicity has allowed me, with abysmal programming knowledge, to port a few simplistic fixes from The Reunion mod to the PSX Japanese Int. version in little time (which has been surprisingly entertaining!).

myst6re

• View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #807 on: 2020-06-05 13:09:01 »
Forgive me if I am reading the WIP changelog incorrectly, but have you addressed the issue described by DLPB on page 29 where opening and saving a PSX disc's bin file - even without making any changes - causes the file no longer load in accurate emulators (i.e. Mednafen)? For what it's worth, I can vouch that this error still occurs on both the newest continuous and stable releases, and I am unsure if it was due to "LGP saving corruption error" or a likewise error that you have already fixed in the upcoming release.

Makou can edit ISO files, but it doesn't recompute CRCs. On emulators like ePSXe it is fine, but like you said in accurate emulators maybe not. I'm sure you can find ISO repair softwares to regenerate CRCs sections correctly, according the ISO9660 specifications.
Or someone maybe have skills in this area and will propose a fix for Makou Reactor?

Otherwise, I would like very much to thank you for the creation of this tool. Its simplicity has allowed me, with abysmal programming knowledge, to port a few simplistic fixes from The Reunion mod to the PSX Japanese Int. version in little time (which has been surprisingly entertaining!).

I'm glad you're happy about it, that's lot of work on my side hidden in simplicity.

jusete

• https://www.paypal.me/JRGV
    • View Profile
    • Donate here
« Reply #808 on: 2020-06-05 17:07:21 »
Amazing!!!! I love all the new features, only a question...could you add the field backgrounds images in the walkmesh editor? Or is it too much work to implement? That will make  the walkmesh edition much easier ;). About the walkmesh exporting, there is a program that can export them to 3ds max I think

myst6re

• View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #809 on: 2020-06-05 17:08:57 »
Yeah that's a lot of work to me, but one of the top features I would love to implement... since the beginning of this project