Not really sure what's going on here, but when I run FF7music it... mostly works. Except sometimes it refuses to switch songs when switching areas, or insists on not playing anything. The files are all set up correctly -- it can play them sometimes. I've tried PSF and MP3s, both have the same problem. The problem isn't limited to certain songs. It can either refuse to switch, or refuse to play any song at any time, and then play that same song perfectly 10 seconds later.
For Example: I load my saved game (which is at the world map). 90% of the time, no music at all. just silence. The other 10%, it correctly plays the world map song.
Then I go into a random battle. Either it will play the battle music, or it will keep playing the world map music for the whole battle. The victory fanfare usually plays when I beat the enemies, but even that's not guaranteed. I go into a town, and maybe the town music starts playing, or maybe the world map music keeps playing. If I then immediately exit the town, the world map music has a chance to start playing again, or maybe it will keep playing the town music, or maybe I will get silence. It seems totally random.
Anyone have any ideas what might be causing this? Or is this just "normal" with FF7music? I've tried all the FF7music settings I can find, I've tried different versions of FF7music, I've tried running under every combination of compatability modes. There are no spaces in the path.
I am running Windows Vista 64, and FF7 1.02 with Aali's driver 0.7.8b with FF7music.fgp enabled. FF7music is version 1.51. I've even tried using LoopBe also but I don't think the Aali/FF7music combo needs to use midi at all, does it?
I can post my app.log/ff7music.log if it would help.