Author Topic: Would it be possible to replace...the PC cutscenes with the PSX ones?  (Read 3504 times)

DarkShadowRage

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
I wonder, as we know the PC cutscenes are rather grainy, would it be possible to replace the cutscenes with the PSX ones for a clear look?
A long shot but it might be cool.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
  • No life
    • View Profile
You'd probably have to convert the video into a different format (the PSX has its own special video formats), although I can't say this for sure.

What I can say for sure is that the PSX movies won't look as good as you think they will (they're 320x224, so you're going to see pixels when you watch them in fullscreen). However, they'll still be better than the atrocious videos from the PC version.

obesebear

• Administrator
  • No life
    • View Profile
Actually I think kranmer has been working on upscaling all of the videos from PSX and converting them to h264.

As far as I know he's just waiting on Aali to add support for h264 and aac before he releases them

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
  • No life
    • View Profile
Ah, yes. I do remember a project along those lines, it was back when Seifer was here. IIRC, there was some smoothign of the videos being done as well. The only downside is that file sizes were huge...

DarkShadowRage

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
That should be interesting to see indeed, if you have any more info please let me know ^_^

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
  • No life
    • View Profile
There was some work done on Seifer's forum (there's a link to it in his translation thread in the "general" forum).

AFAIK only the opening movie was done.

Kranmer

• Freak
    • View Profile
Hi, Well yes i am working on FF7 videos in my spare time but right now i am working on other projects (a few actually but the one taking up most of my time is re-colouring MGS2susbstance) but i have done a few of the videos already but have only released a few of them so far, i have released the opening remade on seifers fourm and i also uploaded a couple more here if your interested (the ones in the post below are in Xvid format so they would work in game and was only a small example the H264 look very slightly better in my opinion but most people proberly wont be able to tell the difference)
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=8615.msg107830#msg107830

but currently so far i have done (most still unreleased but a couple of them are in the link above)
bikeget
boogdemo
boogstar
car_1209
earthdd
fallpl
funeral
gold1
gold4
gold7
gold7_2
HIWIND0
jairofly
jenova_e
mtnvl
NIVLSFS
nvlmk
opening
rcktfail
southmk

But like said previously most are still in H264 only which isnt currently supported by Aali's Driver but hopefully one day will be and if not i will eventually just have to convert them into another format.
But right now the project is on hold. (well i am on hold but i have no idea about seifer)
« Last Edit: 2009-09-12 21:15:57 by kranmer »