How much time has passed since you last played FF8?
Maybe you want to play it again but... it's always the same thing... gets a little boring...
So, what could we do to make it more interesting?
I though that myself and I've been "working" for the last few days for something cool.
What if you start the game at Disc 4 instead of 1? - that's my little challenge
I've prepared a NTSC game save for PSX FF8 that has the following:
- Start at Disc 4, Edea's House
- All characters with their initial levels
- Extra Edea and Seifer enabled (or Laguna and Kiros instead, optionally)
- Same items as if you were starting a new game (I only added "Magical Lamp", since there's no way to get it on Disc 4)
- Quezacoatl/Shiva + Ifrit and Cerberus GF (you wouldn't be able to get them otherwise)
- No magic for no one
- No cards
- You are not SeeD (no salary)
- (Once you get Tonberry, you'll) Access to all Shops (needed for Rinoa/Zell limit breaks)
- GFs haven't received any AP
- Time 00:00
I used the debug room to jump over events and runned from Bosses so GFs/Chars didn't get any Exp/AP
Then I've reset the battle counters (wins/run aways/etc).
Because I jumped too much stuff this save has some "bugs" (thread title says "BETA")
- Cannot change characters in field/save mode - FIXED (Check bottom of post)
- Rinoa can't use "Angel Wing" - Easily fixed once someone finds a code for it
Use the gamesave with your favorite PS1 emulator and have fun!
Link to save - http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=b5989241f8ffb136d956df2962098fcbe04e75f6e8ebb871(If you're using Linux I recommend using PCSX-Reloaded, which has support for codes)
Code that will fix the char change in field - 300781A9 000F
Just enable it, go to the world map, save and restart the emulator without codes. Done.
Code for fix the Laguna/Kiros resetting to Edea/Seifer:
To enable/disable Edea/Seifer or Laguna/Kiros:
80077C2C 0001 - seifer/laguna
80077CC4 0001 - edea/kiros(change 0001 to 0000 to disable it)