Author Topic: Before Crisis game  (Read 1143 times)

obesebear

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Before Crisis game
« Reply #25 on: 2020-05-25 16:06:18 »
Yeah, the original Sprite work leaves a lot to the imagination as well. I think it looks good, my only criticism may be to make it look a little more dirty or grungy.  That's the right size for it in game, it just looks a lot more clean than the rest of the backgrounds.  Maybe like a noise filter would do the trick.  I could also easily do that though if you just want to focus on what you're doing.  It won't take much to screenshot the rest of the sprites

Devina

• Cool newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2020-05-25 21:48:09 »
Sure, you can find a way to make grungier, just going to need some time on this sprite sheet so I can polish the animations.

Here's the running animation I have so far:

And here's what it would look like if you stopped running for a second, then kept going:

obesebear

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2020-05-26 19:38:56 »
Looks good!  I'll keep the 4x4 frames, it shouldn't be hard to switch to an 8x4 in the future if you ever feel like smoothing them out.  What's the pixel size?

Wish I had some update to show, but I'm mostly just figuring out RPG maker and how to script events.  I basically just have a smoother beginning cutscene, but I'm learning how to move characters and not create indefinite loops.  Trying some experiments with a few things so the game will look like it should.  So far so good!

obesebear

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2020-05-28 02:12:13 »
Come one, come all
A DECENT UPDATE!

Opening cinematic is done, as well as a very slight amount of gameplay.   I only just realized that I'm using a wider screen than the original games boxy 320x320, but I'm unsure if I'll change it or not.  Please comment on the video or here as to your opinion on the matter.  I really want this to be as close to a 1:1 recreation as possible, but that will greatly limit the screen size and show the game's age.
Once Devina finishes some sprites it will probably take a little work to get them in the game since I haven't had to mess with that plugin yet (nor have I tried to find a battle system).  But all of the event scripting and scrolling and movement is pretty much figured out now.  I could easily make this into a playable cutscene where you auto win all battles.

Moving forward updates should be happening a lot quicker.
« Last Edit: 2020-05-28 02:14:28 by obesebear »

Kuraudo.

• Crazy poster
  • Panta rei
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2020-05-28 19:30:30 »
Fantastic idea, if that might be useful https://www.famitsu.com/news/202005/03197424.html

there's a cloud avatar pretty neat on the above link

obesebear

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Yesterday at 00:21:12 »
Thanks! I actually already have all of the avatars and have them mostly resized to their original specs.

Devina

• Cool newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Yesterday at 11:02:19 »

Finally finished this sprite sheet, it'll be good for female characters in the future.
Once you've got it working in-game, I think it'd be a good idea for me to do Reno next to build a basic male base (since the men in the game should be a tiny bit taller, so you may need to do some pixel adjustments to get the proportions.

There really isn't a fixed pixel size I've come up with yet, but I think they should be scaled down by at least 50 percent.
I'm not sure if it's something RPG Maker automatically does on its own, or if it's necessary to do it beforehand (I can easily do that in Photoshop).

The running poses should go in a 12321 order, not a 123123 order.
Really eager to see what it'll look like in-game!

obesebear

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Yesterday at 20:43:12 »
Dude, that's great.  It might take me a minute to find a good plugin for animations but I'll upload something as soon as I get it done