Author Topic: FF7music files from various OSTs.  (Read 5836 times)

Sed7

• No New Topic
  • Fast newbie
    • View Profile
FF7music files from various OSTs.
« on: 2010-03-05 07:51:32 »
Hey guys!

I'm pretty noob at these kinds of things, but after seeing all the effort that has gone into these mods, I felt compelled to contibute in some way, and the best thing I could come up with was compile a list of additional music files for use with FF7music. You guys really made this game an absolute joy to play all over again, so I'd like to do something as thanks.

Basically I'm using files from pretty much any FF7 source I can think of, from the Advent Children sountrack, to Black Mages songs, to the Crisis Core OST. Obviously some songs aren't perfect covers, so I've left some of the songs in the files from Titguy3's remixer, so you at least have some of them as well as the original songs to fall back on.

EDIT:

The original file names (or as they are written in FF7music) I'll highlight in red. Relevant songs I'll highlight with blue. Anything which I've considered a perfect replacement I'll highlight in green. I've stuck to OST's from the FF7 series in order to try and carry on a pretty "authentic" list of songs (though alot of the remixes from the remixer are pretty awesome).

aseri/aseri2 could be replaced by "Howl of the Gathered" from the Crisis Core OST

ayasi I replaced with "Patriots of the Moonlit Night" from Crisis Core

bat has a perfect replacement from "On the Verge of the Assault" from the Crisis Core OST

bokujo has a nice piano arrangement from "Farm Boy" from the Final Fantasy VII Piano Collections

chase has a fairly accurate replacement from "The Chase of the Highway" from the Advent Children/Reunion OST

Chu has a perfect replacement from "Those Who Fight Further", covered by the Black Mages.

Chu2 again has a perfect replacement from "J-E-N-O-V-A", covered by the Black Mages.

Condor has a fairly nice replacement from "March on the Frontier" from the Crisis Core OST.

dokubo has a viable replacement from "Town Where the Sunlight Doesn't Reach" from the Crisis Core OST.

dun2 has a viable alternative from "An Ancient Hymn Sung by the Water" from the Crisis Core OST.

earis has what I'd consider a perfect replacement from the of "Aeris's Theme (Arranged Version) Final Fantasy VII" from the Final Fantasy S Generation album. There's also "Aeris's's Theme" from the Final Fantasy VII Piano Collections.

earislo has another what I'd consider perfect replacement with "A Flower Blooming in the Slums" from the Crisis Core OST, or the piano version as mentioned above.

horror has a pretty awesome replacement from "Beyond The Wasteland", however I think it's only relevant up until 1:47, so you may want to cut that down yourself if you're able.

junon has a viable alternative from "Duty and Friendship" from the Crisis Core OST.

kita has a perfect alternative from "Great Northern Cave" from the Advent Children OST.

kurai has another perfect alternative from "A Closed Off Village" from the Crisis Core OST.

lb1 has a nice alternative in "Those Who Accept the Protection of the Stars" from the Crisis Core OST (I was also considering Violator from the Advent Children OST, but I think it uses the same note progression associated with the Shirna, so I decided against it. There's always Divinity from the same OST).

lb2, perfect replacement in "Advent: One-Winged Angel. If you're not so interest in the heavy guitars, there's always the same song from the Final Fantasy S Generation CDs, minus the heavy distortion.

mati I thought a perfect cover could be wfound with "Ahead on Our Way" from the Final Fantasy VII Piano Collections, but some may find that purely the piano is a bit lacking (as with Farm Boy above for Bokujo)

oa has a perfect replacement with "Mission Start" from the Crisis Core OST, but be fairly warned, I'm not sure if this song is sync'd well with any relevant FMV's in the game, so perhaps not entirely perfect.

ob has a perfect replacement with "First Mission" from the Crisis Core OST.

red has a perfect replacement with "Cosmo Canyon" from the Final Fantasy VII Piano Collections (arguably you could use the same song for "cosmo", but I thought that just the piano alone was a bit lacking in presence, whereas when you initially meet Red XIII, perhaps just the piano was more appropriate).

rhythm has a viable alternative with "The Clandestine Suits" from the Crisis Core OST.

roll has a decent replacement with "End Credits" from the Advent Children/Reunion OST

sinra has a perfect replacement with "The Mako Controlling Company" from the Crisis Core OST.

sinraslo has a few alternatives. You could either go with "The Skyscraper of Iron and Steel" or "The Mako City". Both of these can be found on the Crisis Core OST, though I think the first original came from the Last Order film.

ta has a perfect replacement with "Final Fantasy VII Theme [Arranged Version]" from the Final Fantasy S Generation CD's. Some notes for this below.

tb has, again, a perfect replacement with "Final Fantasy VII Theme [Arranged Version]" from the Final Fantasy S Generation CD's, however you may/may not need to cut this from the original track at the relevant parts. Might be worth having the same song for both to avoid losing any rhythm transitioning from one to the other.

tifa has a perfect replacement with "Tifa's Theme" from the Final Fantasy VII Piano Collections. As with Red XIII, you'll have to decide if the piano is lacking when it kicks in in game.

(Phew, that took a while)

Just so you all know, this is not Sed7's definitive guide to FF7music replacements, just a list compiled to give people a location to find relevant replacements if they so wish. I don't use all these songs myself, I've just tried to find those I think people may enjoy over the original midi :).

Thanks for all the hard work :)

Sed.
« Last Edit: 2010-04-19 15:36:36 by Sed7 »

eXistenZe

• Crazy poster
    • View Profile
Re: FF7music files compromised from various OSTs.
« Reply #1 on: 2010-03-05 08:53:59 »
You cannot upload Advent children or similar OST's since they are copyrighted.
You can however give a list of suggested tracks from these albums and other players can get the OST how they want.
Cooledit pro saves files with the same quality of the original. Check you settings.

There are  a few free options like http://ff7.ocremix.org/ and other remixes.

Chocobo_Girl

• Insane poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010-03-05 13:04:11 »
I was actually thinking what it'd be like if different songs from different FF7 soundtracks were put into the original game and thought it'd be a little weird, given that each soundtrack has its own style. For example, some songs will be midis, and others real instruments (= black mages). But I could probably rearrange and re-sequence most of the songs in Logic Pro to fit the game better er something.

Timu Sumisu

• No life
  • The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010-03-05 13:55:49 »
I was actually thinking what it'd be like if different songs from different FF7 soundtracks were put into the original game and thought it'd be a little weird, given that each soundtrack has its own style. For example, some songs will be midis, and others real instruments (= black mages). But I could probably rearrange and re-sequence most of the songs in Logic Pro to fit the game better er something.

:3

Tekkie.X

• Freak
  • Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010-03-05 15:15:07 »
I'm using stuff from a number of sources, Most are from FinalFanTim's remastered OST, but I have a few from the likes of Dissidia, Crisis Core, OCRemix and some covers such as http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NH9u3wpmxwA and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAiOAhp_Llc

Sed7

• No New Topic
  • Fast newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010-03-05 16:45:06 »
Fair enough, thanks for the heads up on the copyrighting, I guess I'll just compile a list of songs I'd suggest in their relevant places :)

The original file names (or as they are written in FF7music) I'll highlight in red. Relevant songs I'll highlight with blue. Anything which I've considered a perfect replacement I'll highlight in green. I've stuck to OST's from the FF7 series in order to try and carry on a pretty "authentic" list of songs (though alot of the remixes from the remixer are pretty awesome).

aseri/aseri2 could be replaced by "Howl of the Gathered" from the Crisis Core OST

ayasi I replaced with "Patriots of the Moonlit Night" from Crisis Core

bat has a perfect replacement from "On the Verge of the Assault" from the Crisis Core OST

bokujo has a nice piano arrangement from "Farm Boy" from the Final Fantasy VII Piano Collections

chase has a fairly accurate replacement from "The Chase of the Highway" from the Advent Children/Reunion OST

Chu has a perfect replacement from "Those Who Fight Further", covered by the Black Mages.

Chu2 again has a perfect replacement from "J-E-N-O-V-A", covered by the Black Mages.

Condor has a fairly nice replacement from "March on the Frontier" from the Crisis Core OST.

dokubo has a viable replacement from "Town Where the Sunlight Doesn't Reach" from the Crisis Core OST.

dun2 has a viable alternative from "An Ancient Hymn Sung by the Water" from the Crisis Core OST.

earis has what I'd consider a perfect replacement from the of "Aeris's Theme (Arranged Version) Final Fantasy VII" from the Final Fantasy S Generation album. There's also "Aeris's's Theme" from the Final Fantasy VII Piano Collections.

earislo has another what I'd consider perfect replacement with "A Flower Blooming in the Slums" from the Crisis Core OST, or the piano version as mentioned above.

horror has a pretty awesome replacement from "Beyond The Wasteland", however I think it's only relevant up until 1:47, so you may want to cut that down yourself if you're able.

junon has a viable alternative from "Duty and Friendship" from the Crisis Core OST.

kita has a perfect alternative from "Great Northern Cave" from the Advent Children OST.

kurai has another perfect alternative from "A Closed Off Village" from the Crisis Core OST.

lb1 has a nice alternative in "Those Who Accept the Protection of the Stars" from the Crisis Core OST (I was also considering Violator from the Advent Children OST, but I think it uses the same note progression associated with the Shirna, so I decided against it. There's always Divinity from the same OST).

lb2, perfect replacement in "Advent: One-Winged Angel. If you're not so interest in the heavy guitars, there's always the same song from the Final Fantasy S Generation CDs, minus the heavy distortion.

mati I thought a perfect cover could be wfound with "Ahead on Our Way" from the Final Fantasy VII Piano Collections, but some may find that purely the piano is a bit lacking (as with Farm Boy above for Bokujo)

oa has a perfect replacement with "Mission Start" from the Crisis Core OST, but be fairly warned, I'm not sure if this song is sync'd well with any relevant FMV's in the game, so perhaps not entirely perfect.

ob has a perfect replacement with "First Mission" from the Crisis Core OST.

red has a perfect replacement with "Cosmo Canyon" from the Final Fantasy VII Piano Collections (arguably you could use the same song for "cosmo", but I thought that just the piano alone was a bit lacking in presence, whereas when you initially meet Red XIII, perhaps just the piano was more appropriate).

rhythm has a viable alternative with "The Clandestine Suits" from the Crisis Core OST.

roll has a decent replacement with "End Credits" from the Advent Children/Reunion OST

sinra has a perfect replacement with "The Mako Controlling Company" from the Crisis Core OST.

sinraslo has a few alternatives. You could either go with "The Skyscraper of Iron and Steel" or "The Mako City". Both of these can be found on the Crisis Core OST, though I think the first original came from the Last Order film.

ta has a perfect replacement with "Final Fantasy VII Theme [Arranged Version]" from the Final Fantasy S Generation CD's. Some notes for this below.

tb has, again, a perfect replacement with "Final Fantasy VII Theme [Arranged Version]" from the Final Fantasy S Generation CD's, however you may/may not need to cut this from the original track at the relevant parts. Might be worth having the same song for both to avoid losing any rhythm transitioning from one to the other.

tifa has a perfect replacement with "Tifa's Theme" from the Final Fantasy VII Piano Collections. As with Red XIII, you'll have to decide if the piano is lacking when it kicks in in game.

(Phew, that took a while)

Just so you all know, this is not Sed7's definitive guide to FF7music replacements, just a list compiled to give people a location to find relevant replacements if they so wish. I don't use all these songs myself, I've just tried to find those I think people may enjoy over the original midi :).

obesebear

• Administrator
  • No life
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010-03-05 17:41:00 »
I think the subject of this thread should be "comprised of" instead of "compromised from"

titeguy3

• No life
  • A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010-03-05 17:57:47 »
I think the subject of this thread should be "comprised of" instead of "compromised from"
tomato tomotto.  :P

I'll have to check out some of these songs..

Sed7

• No New Topic
  • Fast newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010-03-06 15:17:03 »
YouTube is your friend :D

I checked out the Last Order OST yesterday, alot of it is on the Crsis Core OST, under similar names if you have one but not the other.