Author Topic: [PSX/PC] Save Editor - Black Chocobo (v1.9.91)  (Read 556312 times)

sithlord48

• No life
  • Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
Re: [PSX/PC] Save Editor - Black Chocobo (v1.9.91)
« Reply #1325 on: 2019-02-01 12:29:48 »
That is the main issue Its a niche format on the ps3 that is only used for one thing that has nothing todo with ps3 games. Most people working on the PS3 want to learn PS3 related things for making homebrew (the PSV format is of no use here). If you hack your ps3 you can then copy the internal memory card files (vm1s ) to a usb stick and edit and place them back into the memory card folder on the ps3. Psv is just a transport format for ps2 and ps1 virtual memory card to ensure no one messes with the data inside. Honestly be happy we can read the saves and they didn't so some massive crypto bullshit like they do with the ps4 copy.. Honestly we will mosty likey see ps4 save support before psv writing has the keys / seed discovered. Since they copy process takes at least 1 minute per attempt and there a lot of keys.

If I had to guess what keys i would think it would be one of the Ps2 Keys but then you just have to match them with all the seeds .. maybe the Ps2 emulation specific Since those are used to generate ps2 cards this could be wrong since ps2 cards use magic gate and that uses encryption methods and needs seeds and keys to work . So that could just be specific to generating internal ps2 memory card files. Now the next set of seeds are the Syscon ones and it could be one of those too.. Honestly if you are really really into this you could try the ps2 keys with all the seeds. it shouldn't take to long. If you do any section and try all the seeds Let me know we will track it somewhere.

DFR66

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: 2019-02-04 16:27:51 »
Hey guys,

I would like to play a new mod, the Superboss Rush Challenge with the 7th heaven modder, however I like to have Sephiroth in my party for a change. I try to replace Vincent with Sephiroth with the Black Chocobo app, but however Sephiroth is in my party, I can't control his actions. Does anyone know what I could do about this? Thanks in advance.

SerathDarklands

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: 2019-02-04 17:31:37 »
I'm trying to use the save editor so that I can start the game from scratch (that is, press "New Game" on the title screen) and start with a set of equipment and altered stats that I've chosen.

Is there a way to do this? I've looked through the user guide, and haven't really been able to find anything that points me in the direction of how to do this - if it's at all possible.

sithlord48

• No life
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1328 on: 2019-02-05 00:49:10 »
Hey guys,

I would like to play a new mod, the Superboss Rush Challenge with the 7th heaven modder, however I like to have Sephiroth in my party for a change. I try to replace Vincent with Sephiroth with the Black Chocobo app, but however Sephiroth is in my party, I can't control his actions. Does anyone know what I could do about this? Thanks in advance.
You can not control him that is normal. If you want to control him you need to look for a mod that does it. It is not possible to change this via the savegame.

I'm trying to use the save editor so that I can start the game from scratch (that is, press "New Game" on the title screen) and start with a set of equipment and altered stats that I've chosen.

Is there a way to do this? I've looked through the user guide, and haven't really been able to find anything that points me in the direction of how to do this - if it's at all possible.

When you open Black Chocobo It will start with a game just like you had pressed "New Game" make your changes then save it as the correct type for your game. Be careful with stats not everyone will keep them (Cait / Vincent and Yuffie have stats and levels generated when they join your party) For them you will need to edit the stats after they join. But the rest should be fine DO NOT PLAY WITH SEPHIROTH OR YOUNG CLOUDS AT ALL . Doing so will cause the game to freeze when you do the flashback. Also remember to edit the base HP / MP stat not the current or max HP/ MP those are calculated at run time and will not do what you want.

SerathDarklands

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: 2019-02-05 01:58:18 »
When you say "the correct type for your game" what do you mean, and how do I do that? I tried simply setting the stats as I desired, then clicking save, but it simply takes me to a save window. Where do I save the new file, and what do I call it?

codemann8

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: 2019-02-05 05:08:42 »
It sounds like you're looking for something that will start every new game with extra equipment and stats.  Black Chocobo can only modify existing save files to give you the extra stuff you need, which is the easiest approach, but will only affect THAT save file.

If you want it to happen EVERY new game, it's more complicated and you won't find any pre-built tool that does it, but you you'd have to use Makou Reactor and modify the md1stin map, add a new script group in that map, there are codes to increment specific items, materias, and gil.  But like I said, it's both complicated and you won't find anything that does this already, it'd be a completely custom hack.

sithlord48

• No life
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1331 on: 2019-02-05 13:29:58 »
When you say "the correct type for your game" what do you mean, and how do I do that? I tried simply setting the stats as I desired, then clicking save, but it simply takes me to a save window. Where do I save the new file, and what do I call it?
It Depends on the way your playing FF7. If your playing on pc you want to save as a pc save and then place this file into your Save folder. The file should be named ff7save##.ff7 (00-09) the number is the safe file it will show in game as. See where to find pc saves For Emulators you need to save as a VMC and import that to your emulator . For psx you need to save as rawPSX then get that on a memory card.

It sounds like you're looking for something that will start every new game with extra equipment and stats.  Black Chocobo can only modify existing save files to give you the extra stuff you need, which is the easiest approach, but will only affect THAT save file.

If you want it to happen EVERY new game, it's more complicated and you won't find any pre-built tool that does it, but you you'd have to use Makou Reactor and modify the md1stin map, add a new script group in that map, there are codes to increment specific items, materias, and gil.  But like I said, it's both complicated and you won't find anything that does this already, it'd be a completely custom hack.
IIRc you could use walmarket to set the initial data if you wish to have the game start with this data for every new game. i would think that would be faster then using makou reactor.
« Last Edit: 2019-02-05 13:36:25 by sithlord48 »

SerathDarklands

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: 2019-02-05 14:54:00 »
Thank you so much for your help, I got it to work. As you suggested, I just saved it in its usual folder (where all the other saves are) under a name similar to all the other file names (in this particular case, "save08"), and when I opened the file in game, it booted from the very beginning of the game with my modified stats.

DFR66

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: 2019-02-05 18:28:23 »
You can not control him that is normal. If you want to control him you need to look for a mod that does it. It is not possible to change this via the savegame.

Do you know where I can find a mod like this for 7th heaven?

sithlord48

• No life
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1334 on: 2019-02-07 14:30:11 »
Do you know where I can find a mod like this for 7th heaven?
I do not know if there is a modpack made for 7th heaven or not. i only remember seeing a mod for that around here somewhere.