Author Topic: Sephiroth in Shinra mansion basement  (Read 12503 times)

Great Sephiroth

• I Will never be ........ a memory
    • View Profile
Sephiroth in Shinra mansion basement
« on: 2009-07-07 16:34:35 »
hey guys i have found a amazing cool video that someone add a new fight in the game, and its against Sephiroth, when you encounter him in the shinra basement,  in this video its done in the psx version but if someone knows how to add new encounters please tell me

here is the link to the video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyTaerNzGqw&hl=fr

obesebear

• View Profile
Re: Sephiroth in Shinra mansion basement
« Reply #1 on: 2009-07-07 16:41:13 »
I'm pretty sure that's ARM's youtube account.  I don't think he posts around here anymore though  :|

Great Sephiroth

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009-07-07 17:25:38 »
i don't know maybe i will try to contact him and maybe he can help
if someone know how to add new fights maybe i will be able to add this battle myself

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009-07-07 17:30:15 »
Check gjoerulv's hardcore mod.  He's added new battles and may have documented how to.  Though I'm fairly sure he used Hex editing to do so

Gemini

• Not learner's Guru
    • View Profile
    • Devil Hackers
« Reply #4 on: 2009-07-07 19:33:49 »
No idea how difficult it is to render the playable Sephiroth an enemy, but it's extremely easy to edit the event script for adding extra battles by using lasyan's Hack'7.

ARMs

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009-07-07 20:25:53 »
if you wanna add sephiroth all you need to do is replace an enimy model with sephiroths model.   I dont like that its kinda buggy and the sword placement is all messed up but its the psx version what can you do. 

Although i barely work on FF7 for the time being,  I still come around to see whats up.   I don't post because I don't really have anything important or helpful to say since i don't even know programing.  I would like to learn in my own time how but I can't find a good site.   

Also what programs do you guys use to help hack your games?

Great Sephiroth

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009-07-07 21:12:01 »
me im using wallmarket scenester, kimera and of course lgptools 

ok but how do you edit the attack he do,  with scenester ???

ARMs

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009-07-07 21:25:27 »
you just have to write and AI and appoint the apropriate animation to the attacks.   

I was refering to programs people use for general hacking of games.    Not just FF7.  I'm trying to hack the Wild Arms series and i have succeeded somewhat but I can't find some important datas and I know some stuff are compressed, which i can't do anything about.

Great Sephiroth

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009-07-07 22:06:42 »
errrrr ..... i dont really understand how it works                 you mean , write and AI  wich program should i use to write the AI

ARMs

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009-07-07 23:04:29 »
I used a simple hex editor at the time.   Proud clod has the capability it seems.   And its turning out to be a great program.  I never used it but it sounds great.

Great Sephiroth

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009-07-07 23:59:39 »
ok i wil try to find out the name of the location and the  code i must write for my battle to happen :|

thanks

gamefac

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009-08-03 18:14:32 »
if you wanna add sephiroth all you need to do is replace an enimy model with sephiroths model.   I dont like that its kinda buggy and the sword placement is all messed up but its the psx version what can you do.  

Although i barely work on FF7 for the time being,  I still come around to see whats up.   I don't post because I don't really have anything important or helpful to say since i don't even know programing.  I would like to learn in my own time how but I can't find a good site.  

Also what programs do you guys use to help hack your games?

Sucky part is that he just stands there.
« Last Edit: 2009-08-07 02:15:48 by gamefac »

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009-08-04 21:40:05 »
That is odd  :-o

Is there a reason why Barret and Cait Sith are there?

gamefac

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009-08-05 02:57:35 »
#1 I want to make Barret as my enemy for the psx version. I replaced the enemy model like ARMS described. and according to ARMS, the only thing left to do is make an ai script. which i have no idea on where to begin. I have hxd hex editor & proud clod & wall market.

#2 Like the black cape Sephiroth enemy encounter. I too swap enemy model and I encountered the black cape Sephiroth just like in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyTaerNzGqw&hl=fr      .. the only problem is that my enemy Sephiroth does not move--Sephiroth cannot cast magic like he does in that video. I would really like to have a template of Sephiroth ai script. Just so I can learn from it. Trial & error is the best i can do..

#3 As for Caith Sith, dont let the name fool you, it's really Caith Sith.. with just the akward name.

If anyone would like to help me with the 2 problems. I'd be really thankful. I've learned a lot from reading what you guys cooked up.

Xelane

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009-08-05 03:24:30 »
you need to add attacks and AI for the enemy sephiroth/barret to attack

gamefac

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009-08-05 04:12:16 »
The original enemy has an AI script. all i did was swap Enemy Model.

so the original enemy model was swapped for the new barret model. Still, barret does not move (I also swapped original enemy model for Sephiroth model too. same end result).

gamefac

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009-08-07 02:14:44 »
#1 okay guys. psx version: I manage to make the enemy sephiroth cast magic by changing the ai script here & there. and it finally works. I finally done it. I also tried use barret, tifa, cloud using the same ai script (worked as well).

#2 now the only problem is that every time i even lay a damage on enemy sephiroth or barret or cloud or tifa, the character just freezes -- the background rain drop still drops, the music still plays.

#3 is anyone familiar with this problem? please help me. im so close..