Author Topic: Old member returning, and I need help.  (Read 1968 times)

Psychotic Ninja

• View Profile
Old member returning, and I need help.
« on: 2011-12-30 02:23:20 »
[cough][/cough] Hey, um... the place has changed. I see some "old" members are still active, some of you might remember me, some of you might not, well a few years ago I left, I don't remember why, but that's not what this is about. I'm here, because I need help, help with modding. See, I'm new-ish to modding (but not mods themselves), so far I really can just retexture, I've done some personal things for Left 4 Dead 2 and Skyrim. Now years ago, when I was a, more or less, active member here, I could use Kimera somewhat, not good enough to release anything, but good for my skills, but I've forgotten how to use Kimera, if there's a tutorial out there, that still works, even for Windows 7, that would be great, along with tools and tutorials for changing text, materia names/attributes, limit breaks, weapon/armour/accessory names/attributes, and character icons/main menu background, that would be great.

tl;dr version: Old member that came back that's looking for free tools and tutorials, that still work, for modding nearly everything of Final Fantasy 7 (PC) without using materials from other games (like no AC mods).

Edit: So... what? No one knows any good tutorials? Or no one's willing to help? Or what? Well at least I figured out how to change the avatars, and edit the characters, but I still can't figure out how to put them in game.
« Last Edit: 2012-01-03 06:05:11 by 1337_grim »

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
Re: Old member returning, and I need help.
« Reply #1 on: 2012-01-03 18:07:42 »
Well, the wiki is a lot more up to date and organized than it was in 2007 when you first joined. It's probably a good starting point for seeing what tools are available.

So much has changed or been released in the past five years, it'd be really hard to recap it all in one post. There's not much new in the way of tutorials, but you probably don't really need 'em since these tools are fairly intuitive.

Psychotic Ninja

• View Profile
Re: Old member returning, and I need help.
« Reply #2 on: 2012-01-04 23:25:20 »
Well I got my custom avatars and Kimera working properly, and they're showing up in game, now I just need the text editor(s) to work, and editing the music.