Author Topic: Unhandled Expection Has Occurred on Startup  (Read 2559 times)

oldmanmurphy76

• View Profile
Unhandled Expection Has Occurred on Startup
« on: 2020-05-31 18:16:17 »
I was in the middle of a stream when this first occurred. Since my computer is not the greatest, I've noticed that sometimes when I'm streaming the game will crash because with the streaming software, the mods AND the game are sometimes too much for my system to handle. when this happens, I click the OK button that the game has crashed, and then bring up my Task Manager and force quit the game, so I can start her back up again from the 7th Heaven launcher.

In extreme cases, I will force quit the game AND 7th Heaven, just to get a clean start.  Is was after one of these such cases that I force quit the game AND 7th Heaven, that I started 7th Heaven back up and got this error message on startup:

The message in the text box is as follows:

Code: [Select]
The type initializer for 'Iros._7th.Workshop.Sys' threw an exception.

at Iros._7th.Workshop.Sys.add_MessageReceived(EventHandler`1 value)
   at SeventhHeavenUI.ViewModels.MainWindowViewModel.InitViewModel()
   at SeventhHeavenUI.MainWindow.Window_Loaded(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.BroadcastEventHelper.BroadcastEvent(DependencyObject root, RoutedEvent routedEvent)
   at System.Windows.BroadcastEventHelper.BroadcastLoadedEvent(Object root)
   at MS.Internal.LoadedOrUnloadedOperation.DoWork()
   at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.FireLoadedPendingCallbacks()
   at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.FireInvokeOnRenderCallbacks()
   at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHandlerCore(Object resizedCompositionTarget)
   at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHandler(Object resizedCompositionTarget)
   at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.Resize(ICompositionTarget resizedCompositionTarget)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.OnResize()
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.HandleMessage(WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.HwndTargetFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Now, I know SOME programming, but not enough to decipher what this means, and what I have to do to fix it. So any help on how to resolve this issue and get this working again will be greatly appreciated.

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
Re: Unhandled Expection Has Occurred on Startup
« Reply #1 on: 2020-06-11 22:19:28 »
Your settings.xml is probably corrupt. Close 7H, delete it (under your 7H 2.0\7thWorkshop subfolder) and try again. If it doesn't work, try renaming/deleting your entire 7thWorkshop subfolder.

Tsetra

• View Profile
Re: Unhandled Expection Has Occurred on Startup
« Reply #2 on: 2021-07-12 20:20:26 »
I hope replying to this topic isn't frowned upon but it's the only one I found with the same error I've just gotten and the board has loads of other error topics so I figured replying to this one was less messy.

I've just updated to the latest Canary build of 7H after having no problems with the 2.2 portable build because I wanted to try out some newer mods that appear to be incompatible with the older version. Well... upon doing so I got the exact same unhandled exception error as the topic creator. I've tried:

Deleting settings.xml
Deleting the entire 7thWorkshop folder

Having used the portable version prior, there were no folders in my local windows files. Everything was self contained. I had even deleted the entirety of the old 7H 2.2.

I'm running Windows 7 64bit. Something tells me that the OS is fine but maybe something is configured wrong? Any ideas?

Edit: The problem seems to have gone away with the newest version.

« Last Edit: 2021-08-11 20:47:33 by Tsetra »