Author Topic: [three doubts] FF7 for PSX (texts - LZS->DEC->? - AVI to MOV questions)  (Read 5910 times)

davoker

• Final Fantasy forever
    • View Profile
First, a salute to all, I'm new here ^ ^
    In FF7 PSX, in which folder are the texts of the game? but I do not find a retranslation of texts> <

Another question:
    when you unzip the files with extension. LZS, become the files. DEC (with a program that found here, LZS.exe) no way to edit these files? I guess that inside there are no textures?

last question xD:
    the videos with extension. MOV psx, how can I convert an AVI (uncompressed) to the same format. MOV for psx? I need to change some videos of the PSX FF7 hehe

PS: These questions are for PSX FF7
    PS2: translated from Spanish into English with a translator online, sorry, maybe not fully understand> <

Art2

• View Profile
SAludos y respecto, en este momento, no se si es possible acer lo que queres acer porque el PSX tiene reglas muy strictas y no sirbe el juego si el juego no lo sigue.

davoker

• Final Fantasy forever
    • View Profile
of time to edit things wallmarket, that's easy, then also change the avatars, including TIMs files tube no problems, is a format easy to edit / replace with others, but for the other things I have trouble asking q to see if someone knows something, if not, then nothing, hehe

Unknown Master

• View Profile
Hello, dakover.

I don't know if your project is active yet, but I'll help you to understand your doubts:

In FF7 PSX, in which folder are the texts of the game? but I do not find a retranslation of texts> <

There are 2 ways to edit the texts:

1 - The texts of the game are stored in the *.DAT files, inside 'FIELD' folder. The *.DAT files uses compression (LZSS variant), and you need to decompress those files to get an uncompressed file. So, you can use a FF7.tbl with Translhextion or similar to see the texts. Now, you can translate it!

After edit it, you need to compress the file to *.DAT again, and reinsert the new edited file into the ISO, using CDMage or similar.

2 - You can use the tool Hack'7 created by lasyan3, it can open ALL *.DAT files , and you can edit the text easily like a notepad. Then you can save your progress and the tool recompress the file to *.DAT automatically. =P

Use the CDmage to reinsert the modified *.DAT file into the ISO.

Another question:
    when you unzip the files with extension. LZS, become the files. DEC (with a program that found here, LZS.exe) no way to edit these files? I guess that inside there are no textures?

Yes, there is! =P

Open the *.DEC file using Tile Molester (set it to open "All Files"), go to "View -> Mode" and check "2 Dimensional". Then, go to "View -> Codec" and check "16bpp ABGR (1555)".

Using this settings, you can view the graphics uncompressed by FiceLZS (*.DEC). You just have to hold "Shift" button, and use "Up, Down Arrows" to scroll the file, and "Left, Right Arrows" to expand the file. You'll see the graphic...

Select the graphic (Tile Molester) using selection tool, go to "Edit -> Copy to" and save your graphic (choose *.bmp format). Edit it using your favorite image editor (Paint :)) =P

After edit it, it's time to import the file to *.DEC file again. Just go to "Edit -> Past from" (Tile Molester), select your edited graphic, and it'll be imported to *.DEC file. Finally, drag the edited graphic to the right place! Go to "File -> Save" to save your progress... =)

The *.DEC file is edited? It's time to compress it to *.LZS again, just use the LZS tool (FiceLZS is better). Reinsert the file using CDMage and test it :)

last question xD:
    the videos with extension. MOV psx, how can I convert an AVI (uncompressed) to the same format. MOV for psx? I need to change some videos of the PSX FF7 hehe

PS2: translated from Spanish into English with a translator online, sorry, maybe not fully understand> <

Edit those videos will be very difficult. You'll need to understand how it works into the game, it requires a great knowledge to do it.

It's very difficult to reconvert it back to *.MOV again, and can't be reinserted with CDMage, because the file is "Mode 2 - XA". The main reason is because the *.MOV files of this game changes the header after "XX Frames", 10~20 frames if I recall... So you need to build a tool to perform this, or the game will freeze when you reinsert your edited video!

You'll still need to code a tool to reinsert this file, or reinsert it manually, via hex editors, because like I said before, the videos are "Mode 2 - XA" and can't be reinserted using the CDMage.

Well, good luck with your translation project.

I translated this game to Portuguese Language (dialogs, graphics, kernel and videos are translated 100% now!!!) and the translation patch will be releases as soon as possible.

Regards.

davoker

• Final Fantasy forever
    • View Profile
Hello, dakover.

I don't know if your project is active yet, but I'll help you to understand your doubts:

There are 2 ways to edit the texts:

1 - The texts of the game are stored in the *.DAT files, inside 'FIELD' folder. The *.DAT files uses compression (LZSS variant), and you need to decompress those files to get an uncompressed file. So, you can use a FF7.tbl with Translhextion or similar to see the texts. Now, you can translate it!

After edit it, you need to compress the file to *.DAT again, and reinsert the new edited file into the ISO, using CDMage or similar.

2 - You can use the tool Hack'7 created by lasyan3, it can open ALL *.DAT files , and you can edit the text easily like a notepad. Then you can save your progress and the tool recompress the file to *.DAT automatically. =P

Use the CDmage to reinsert the modified *.DAT file into the ISO.

Another question:

Yes, there is! =P

Open the *.DEC file using Tile Molester (set it to open "All Files"), go to "View -> Mode" and check "2 Dimensional". Then, go to "View -> Codec" and check "16bpp ABGR (1555)".

Using this settings, you can view the graphics uncompressed by FiceLZS (*.DEC). You just have to hold "Shift" button, and use "Up, Down Arrows" to scroll the file, and "Left, Right Arrows" to expand the file. You'll see the graphic...

Select the graphic (Tile Molester) using selection tool, go to "Edit -> Copy to" and save your graphic (choose *.bmp format). Edit it using your favorite image editor (Paint :)) =P

After edit it, it's time to import the file to *.DEC file again. Just go to "Edit -> Past from" (Tile Molester), select your edited graphic, and it'll be imported to *.DEC file. Finally, drag the edited graphic to the right place! Go to "File -> Save" to save your progress... =)

The *.DEC file is edited? It's time to compress it to *.LZS again, just use the LZS tool (FiceLZS is better). Reinsert the file using CDMage and test it :)

last question xD:

Edit those videos will be very difficult. You'll need to understand how it works into the game, it requires a great knowledge to do it.

It's very difficult to reconvert it back to *.MOV again, and can't be reinserted with CDMage, because the file is "Mode 2 - XA". The main reason is because the *.MOV files of this game changes the header after "XX Frames", 10~20 frames if I recall... So you need to build a tool to perform this, or the game will freeze when you reinsert your edited video!

You'll still need to code a tool to reinsert this file, or reinsert it manually, via hex editors, because like I said before, the videos are "Mode 2 - XA" and can't be reinserted using the CDMage.

Well, good luck with your translation project.

I translated this game to Portuguese Language (dialogs, graphics, kernel and videos are translated 100% now!!!) and the translation patch will be releases as soon as possible.

Regards.
Thanks for your information Unknown Master, has served me well, especially Lasyan3 name, did not know I had such good profit, essential to take a good hack FF7 ^ _ ^

greetings and thanks again