Author Topic: [WIP/ALPHA REL]Battle Interface Reconstruction  (Read 208205 times)

Armorvil

• Working on : FFVII Total Grudge
    • View Profile
Re: [WIP/ALPHA REL]Battle Interface Reconstruction
« Reply #100 on: 2010-07-24 21:44:28 »
Ah ah ah !... ...What can I say ?... ...You, sir, rock my socks ! It works amazingly well, and I can't believe you managed to remove the bars so easily =D You're my new hero now ; can I kiss you ?

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2010-07-24 21:49:59 »
Ah ah ah !... ...What can I say ?... ...You, sir, rock my socks ! It works amazingly well, and I can't believe you managed to remove the bars so easily =D You're my new hero now ; can I kiss you ?
Well let's have a look!

Armorvil

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2010-07-24 21:50:56 »
All right :)

EDIT:

This one shows the difference a little better, maybe :

« Last Edit: 2010-07-24 22:05:13 by Armorvil »

Kranmer

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2010-07-24 22:08:00 »
nice thanks for the screenshots Armorvil, i can see a few things that may need to be sorted, since the HP+MP bars have been removed the HP and MP numbers look a little high so i will correct them at some point, also without boarders the text at the top of the screen (Flare Crown) looks a little out of place so i may move that to the top of the screen, or do you think it would be better to leave that where it is and move the help bar to the top of the screen ? or should i just leave both where they are ?

Armorvil

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2010-07-24 22:19:00 »
I like the idea of the help bar being moved to the top of the screen, yes. Kinda like how the most recent FF titles do it (FFX and XII, at least). But wouldn't it conflict with the battle text (such as "Attack while its tail's up !") ?

As for the attack names, yes, maybe it would look better if they appeared at the top. But as I said, if this means that the battle text or the help bar would appear below them, then I'm not too fond of the idea. If the battle text isn't a problem (after all, they should normally never be displayed at the same time), maybe the attack names at the top and the help bar in its default position would be acceptable ? It's the best config I can think of, right now.

nice thanks for the screenshots Armorvil, i can see a few things that may need to be sorted, since the HP+MP bars have been removed the HP and MP numbers look a little high so i will correct them at some point,

You're welcome Kranmer, and yes, it's true that the HP and MP numbers aren't exactly aligned with the characters' names. Not a big deal, though.
« Last Edit: 2010-07-24 22:35:23 by Armorvil »

Timber

• View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2010-07-25 13:54:52 »
Thanks kranmer, the installer worked flawlessly. Good stuff.

In regards to the eye opener, I don't see much that has changed?
On mine, it just looks like the bottom 'eye lid' is now a hard line, instead of a fade.

Is it possible to remove the eye opener altogether? It doesn't really work with the new battle interface, especially transparent version.
Ideally, I think fading in would be best, like FF8, though I can't imagine that would be easy to do.

Kranmer

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2010-07-25 18:40:30 »
@Armorvil - OK i have tried moving the text at the top higher and i have corrected the HP+MP numbers to be a bit lower now that the bars are gone, you can try the patch here
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YONAEPHJ

@Timer - I am glad the installer worked alright, i will look into removing the eye opener, i will post a update later if i am sucessfull or not, if i am sucessfull i will also post a youtube video showing you how it looks disabled (i cant do it right now because i am working on editing the Next Level bar after battle for seif but i will get on it right after i finish this), i doubt i can do a fade but i will look into this and see if i can but i wouldnt hold my breath.

Armorvil

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2010-07-25 20:32:54 »
Thank you very much Kranmer :D. As you can see, it works great :

I think that the HP and MP are still a little higher than the character names, but it's barely noticeable. Great work, as usual.
« Last Edit: 2010-07-25 20:34:31 by Armorvil »

Kranmer

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2010-07-25 23:02:46 »
@Armorvil - Ah yes the names do look slightly off, i will correct that at some point, But everything else is looking pretty good in that screenshot, on a side note what is that blur around the text ? are you using a bloom filter or is it a side effect of the screenshot program ?

@Timber - Ok i have uploaded a video below showing the removed Eye Opener, Let me know what you think and if i should add it as a option to the installer in the next release ? (i can make a temp patch before then like i have done for removing HP+MP bars etc so you wont have to wait until the next installer)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5tBgbOam8g
also sorry about the low quality video but i was kind of in a hurry when i did it.

Armorvil

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2010-07-25 23:14:38 »
Yeah, it's the Bloom effect ;)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2010-07-26 00:29:14 »

I think that the HP and MP are still a little higher than the character names, but it's barely noticeable. Great work, as usual.

I'd say it is very noticeable.  I use adobe and place selection line under it to make certain.  Edit.  Kranmer already responded.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2010-07-26 01:56:58 »
The removed eye opener is very nice. 

showerhead88

« Reply #112 on: 2010-07-26 02:53:21 »

I am currently using armorvil's menu art and kranmer's patch in battle and it doesn't show the life gauges for everyone in the party. For example, I had Barret and Cloud in my party and the life gauge showed for Barret but on Cloud's slot. It's really complicated to explain but when I am using just Cloud in my party, it doesn't display the gauges at all. Here's a video to display my problem:
http://yfrog.com/2dff7helpz
« Last Edit: 2010-07-26 02:55:49 by showerhead88 »

Kranmer

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2010-07-26 09:24:08 »
@ showerhead88 - i would guess from looking at the picture that you are using Aali's Custom Driver 9999 Limit Break, my patch is NOT compatable with it (i did put that in the notes of the release), if you must use a 9999 limit break you must use the original patch and disable the option in Aali's Custom Driver. (also you must apply the 9999 Limit Break patch BEFORE you apply my patch otherwise it will mess up).

@ obesebear - Thanks for the input, i will release a patch later to disable the eye opener for anyone interested.

Timber

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2010-07-26 09:35:11 »
@Timber - Ok i have uploaded a video below showing the removed Eye Opener, Let me know what you think and if i should add it as a option to the installer in the next release ? (i can make a temp patch before then like i have done for removing HP+MP bars etc so you wont have to wait until the next installer)

Wow, that looks much better! Certainly add it to the next version of the installer as an option, and possibly have it ticked as default, I doubt anyone would rather use a broken eye opener.

If you could add a slight fade-in as well, that would be simply amazing!

Also I'm wondering, did you take any inspiration from the first page of this thread, and plan to reconfigure and make a totally new interface?
Or is the disappearing Barrier bars still an issue?
I really think it has a lot of potential! :)

Kranmer

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2010-07-26 09:43:59 »
@Timber - Im glad you like it, Yeah i suppose i could add it as a default on option to the next release when i make the next release,
I am still looking into the fade-in but so far i am having no luck, it is most likley going to be beyond me.
I am planning on trying different things like on the first page but i would like to get the current one working first before i start modifying it heavily (although most things i think are done now but there are still a few things left undone, like battle arena slots and limit break slots are higher then the rest of the menu, and the white flash is still a problem and a few other small problems with alignment like with the names that need tweaking)
The disappearing bars is still a issue, i have found 1 way around it but it also breaks the name flashing of the active user so i need to look into that more (unless you dont mind the name not flashing ?).

Timber

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2010-07-26 10:45:15 »
I am still looking into the fade-in but so far i am having no luck, it is most likley going to be beyond me.

Just throwing some ideas out there, may not be possible at all:

There is a fade-out at the end of battle perhaps looking at how this works would help.
The field screens also use fade-in and fade-out.

The disappearing bars is still a issue, i have found 1 way around it but it also breaks the name flashing of the active user so i need to look into that more (unless you dont mind the name not flashing ?).

Naa the active user name flashing is too important for gameplay I think :)

Kranmer

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2010-07-26 10:52:36 »
@Timber - Yeah i will look into it a bit more to see if i can do anything (just don't hold your breath), Its definitely possible to fade in but i just dont know if its possible for someone like me to do.
I thought it would be important for some people to see the flashing name that's why i am still looking into it.

Also here is the Eye Opener Remover for anyone interested (just a patcher like the HP+MP remove patch)
REMEMBER TO BACKUP YOUR EXE FIRST (just incase)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=A9EBVRBY
Let me know how you get on if it use it.
« Last Edit: 2010-07-26 10:54:09 by kranmer »

Timber

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2010-07-26 15:54:44 »
Also here is the Eye Opener Remover for anyone interested (just a patcher like the HP+MP remove patch)

Works great, thanks :D

Armorvil

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2010-07-26 18:35:53 »

"The file is currently unavailable" =/

Kranmer

• View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 2010-07-26 19:31:37 »

"The file is currently unavailable" =/

yeah the link seems to be unavailable now (seems to be megaupload's problem) here is a mediafire link
http://www.mediafire.com/?bfo292hv1wfx3l8
and if you need more mirrors just ask and i will make some more

Armorvil

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 2010-07-26 19:38:12 »
Thanks, I got it now :)
Awesome patch once again ! Your work never ceases to amaze me, Kranmer :D

GI-Jimbo

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 2010-07-27 17:33:44 »
This project is really amazing I just really wish I could get it to work correctly. I installed armorvils menuart and all of kranmers  updates to the new battle interface but I keep getting this. I want to know if there is something I have to do to change  the boxes around limits and time or if I installed something incorrectly.  I looked in the textures folder but there is a lot of boxes I'm not sure which ones to edit.

Armorvil

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 2010-07-27 18:23:31 »
Just to clarify something, it's not my menuart - it's Team Avalanche's. The only thing I did was delete the HP, MP, Time, etc indications, as well as the borders from some PNGs. Gotta give credit where it is due ;)

As for your problem, if you downloaded the PNGs I uploaded to megaupload earlier in this topic, you just have to copy and paste them in your textures\menuart folder. If I'm not mistaken, that should remove the borders around the gauges.
« Last Edit: 2010-07-27 18:26:47 by Armorvil »

GI-Jimbo

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 2010-07-27 18:46:27 »
I actually just tried delete some things and by trial and error I got it but thanks a lot. One thing I still can't seem to do though is make the "attack box" transparent. I enabled the make all dialog boxes transparent in the driver options but I can't seem to get that box to work.