Author Topic: Final Fantasy 7 1080p PS3...  (Read 11359 times)

masteraden

• View Profile
Final Fantasy 7 1080p PS3...
« on: 2007-06-12 10:18:09 »
...Well all I can sey is "it is good not great". It helps definitely, but the sound on version 1.80 PS3 is not quite there. It also brings up an age old debate PSX vs PC with the new resolution and smoothing. Does this
push the PSX version past the PC? Please let me know what you think and please only reserve comments if you have actually seen Final Fantasy 7 on PC or PS3. Thank you for your time.
« Last Edit: 2007-06-13 05:04:03 by masteraden »

James Pond

• Forums Grumpy Bastard....At The Best Of Times.
    • View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy 7 1080p PS3...
« Reply #1 on: 2007-06-12 10:23:37 »
Yeah, you might want to try again, this time using punctuation.

masteraden

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007-06-12 10:46:26 »
Wait do you just follow me around the forum???ANYWAY stop pulling my thred off topic.

James Pond

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007-06-12 10:47:47 »
If by following you around, you mean posting in a new topic, then yes, I am following you around.

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007-06-12 11:42:12 »
Consoles will never be as good as PC's its a fact.
Consoles are one set of hardware witch cannot be upgraded beyond what graphical power they can produce, (hard drives don't count).
PC's however are always evolving and upgrading the PS3 was surpassed by PC's when the 8800GTX came out. That doesn't however mean the PS3 doesn't rock, might sell a kidney to buy one. With a bunch of great games coming out in the next year or so it's gonna be a must have for me, after that a new PC to play Crysis then maybe when the price comes down allot I might buy a 360, providing they have some games I might want.

Salk

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007-06-12 12:31:55 »
I have not tried yet FF7 on the PS3 but thanks for reporting your experience, masteraden.

Reading your post without punctuation though is hard sometimes though. I must agree with James Pond.

Instead about Consoles vs PCs, my opinon is that the first have often been best machines to play videogames while PCs would take care of the rest.

But now, with Consoles (like the PSX3) that can substitute a PC in many other functions, I'd definitely bet on Consoles to gain market share.

The Skillster

• Loving every Final Fantasy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007-06-12 12:38:14 »
any pictures mate

Chrisu

• Simply there
    • View Profile
    • Christian's Programs
« Reply #7 on: 2007-06-12 13:15:02 »
I really dont get what you're trying to tell us/ask  :?
Could you or someone else explain that to me in a proper language please?

James Pond

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007-06-12 13:47:48 »
...Well all I can sey is "it is good not great"it helps definitely but the sound on version 1.80 PS3 is not quite there it also brings up an age old debate PSX vs PC with the new resolution and smoothing does this
push the PSX version past the PC please let me know what you think and please only reserve comments if you have actually seen Final Fantasy 7 on PC or PS3 thank you for your time.

Well, All I can say is, "Its not that good".  It helps alot, but the sound on the 1.80 version Firmware for the PS3 Is not quite good enough.  It also brings up the old debate of console vs PC, now that the game has a higher resolution and smoothing techniques.

I was wondering, do you think this pushes the PSX version ahead of the PC version in terms of graphics?

Let me know what you think, and please only comment if you have actually seen FF7 on the PC or the PS3.
Thank you for your time.

That took some decyphering, I'll admit.

Otokoshi

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007-06-12 15:35:29 »
It's a sad day when the forum needs interpreters because others lack the ability to type.  It gave me a good laugh, thanks James.  :-D

masteraden

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007-06-13 05:00:11 »
Hello everyone.I'm glad all of you care so much about my grammer,especially James Pond your the greatest. Now for those of you  who actually need an interpeter to read this please (I admit I'm not good on a keyboard} but it is still readable and you know what I mean... SO back to some actually productive work instead of just talking (James Pond). I will have pics soon I'm just trying to figure out how to screenshot the PS3. I still am figuring this thing out. I agree that the computer will allways have an advantage over the consoles but that is not the debate. The debate is the PSX version vs the PC...Once again thanks to all that actually posted usefull info. :-D

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007-06-13 05:42:12 »
I'm completely lost now do you mean "PLAYSTAION 1" VS "PERSONAL COMPUTER" or VS "PLAYSTATION 3" because putting. (Final Fantasy 7 1080p PS3...) then going on saying words like
It also brings up an age old debate PSX vs PC
to me says consoles VS pc's so
but it is still readable and you know what I mean...
. No sorry I had no idea what you ment in your post

Otokoshi

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007-06-13 05:58:32 »
Quote from: masteraden
Hello everyone.I'm glad all of you care so much about my grammer,especially James Pond your the greatest. Now for those of you  who actually need an interpeter to read this please (I admit I'm not good on a keyboard} but it is still readable and you know what I mean... SO back to some actually productive work instead of just talking (James Pond). I will have pics soon I'm just trying to figure out how to screenshot the PS3. I still am figuring this thing out. I agree that the computer will allways have an advantage over the consoles but that is not the debate. The debate is the PSX version vs the PC...Once again thanks to all that actually posted usefull info.

It's not that we care about your "grammer." (Not that surprised he couldn't spell it.)  I don't care if you're a glue eating moron.  You write legible out of respect of those that are going to read it.  This forum is international, and I for one didn't understand/misinterpreted parts of your first post, until James stepped in.  So the next time you want to bitch at modders on this site, at least make it legible.

Thank you for your time.

You put this at the end of many of your posts.  After reading your posts I wish I could reclaim that time wasted.

Jari

« Reply #13 on: 2007-06-13 06:07:53 »
Thank you for your time.

You put this at the end of many of your posts.  After reading your posts I wish I could reclaim that time wasted.

Maybe he has rebates for like... 50% of your time? :-D

masteraden

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007-06-13 06:56:28 »
Ahhh squeezable you are becoming one of my favorite people.Now to answer all of your very important questions.

1.Yes there is a rebate but its only for Qhimm...The check is in the mail.

2.PSX vs PS3 vs PS2 vs PC vs PSP What ever you want...If AND ONLY IF it makes you happy.

3.Hey squeezable do you just follow  JARI around hopeing to get bread crumbs...HAHAHAHA

4.I will have screenshots of every version I could get hopefully by the end of the week.

5..........Ohhhh this is nice wait for it WAIT FOR IT..........THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME!!!! :-D
« Last Edit: 2007-06-13 06:59:38 by masteraden »

Otokoshi

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007-06-13 07:55:30 »
Ahhh squeezable you are becoming one of my favorite people.Now to answer all of your very important questions.

2.PSX vs PS3 vs PS2 vs PC vs PSP What ever you want...If AND ONLY IF it makes you happy.

3.Hey squeezable do you just follow  JARI around hopeing to get bread crumbs...HAHAHAHA

4.I will have screenshots of every version I could get hopefully by the end of the week.

5..........Ohhhh this is nice wait for it WAIT FOR IT..........THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME!!!! :-D

squeezable?!  Who is squeezable?!   :-P

Quote from: Jari
Maybe he has rebates for like... 50% of your time? :-D

What?!  Well if there is one guy that deserves it, it's Qhimm.  You are posting this garbage on his forum.  I just hope he is getting more than 50%  :|
« Last Edit: 2007-06-13 08:04:37 by Otokoshi »

masteraden

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007-06-13 08:07:44 »
   For  all who want to know Squeezable=Squeeble (I see him and james "B"ond so much they must like me they post every chance they get and so do you!! Mr. I wish I could get my time backl). Sorry no
refund for you... If you dont like the spelling or the way I talk or the way I word things or the fact that I take your time then don't post...OMG and this guy calls me dumb....HAHAHA! Oh and I'm posting garbage,
You= 3 posts = nothing contructive, Me = 5 posts =1 Legitame question = 6 responses =2 of them yours...oooops
« Last Edit: 2007-06-13 08:16:36 by masteraden »

Otokoshi

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007-06-13 08:30:13 »
  For  all who want to know Squeezable=Squeeble (I see him and james "B"ond so much they must like me they post every chance they get and so do you!! Mr. I wish I could get my time backl). Sorry no
refund for you... If you dont like the spelling or the way I talk or the way I word things or the fact that I take your time then don't post...OMG and this guy calls me dumb....HAHAHA! Oh and I'm posting garbage,
You= 3 posts = nothing contructive, Me = 5 posts =1 Legitame question = 6 responses =2 of them yours...oooops

I don't want my time "backl"

I never called you dumb, you're showing everyone just how smart you are. ".....HAHAHAHAHA!" duurrrr...

You didn't finish your statement.  I don't like how you waste my time, so what's the solution?  "...OMG"?  Maybe you could just follow the rules on the forum, yes?

I don't recall you asking a "Legitame question" either, please explain.

masteraden

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007-06-13 08:40:43 »
...GOD...That took a long time WTF took sooo long I've been siting here forever watching you post.ALRIGHT lets begin since your hell bent on pulling my thread off topic AND no moderator is here to stop you...

1.You did ask a question I didn't say it was legitimate remember Squeezable.

2. I hate lists...

3. That makes 3 questions including this one...I'm on a roll.

Drrrrrrrrrrr
Once again your wisdom shines :-D

...and yet you keep posting if you have something to say PM me dont pull my thread off topic more then it is...Thank you. :-D

EDIT: There might just be a pic of them poor people too...
« Last Edit: 2007-06-13 09:35:43 by masteraden »

Otokoshi

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007-06-13 09:08:57 »
...GOD...That took a long time WTF took sooo long I've been siting here forever watching you post.

Sorry, but what you do with your time is no fault of mine.

Once again your wisdom shines  :-D

That's true.  You're already starting to type well enough that people can understand your posts.  You've evolved in this very thread, or is it reborn?  Good for you!  Oh, and no need to thank me.  Though you did misquote "duurrrr..." wow.

...and yet you keep posting if you have something to say PM me dont pull my thread off topic more then it is...Thank you.

You're right.  This will be the last off-topic post from me in your little thread.  I'm neither an admin or mod here, so it's not my place.  I just remember a time when warnings were given out swiftly for poor typing.  Ah the clean 'ol days.

ice_cold513

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007-06-13 09:16:11 »
So where the pic to show us, the poor people who cant get a PS3.

Off-Topic

arrr the good old day's where you get a yellow mark by you name

then two then a red for a ban good old day's

Otokoshi

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007-06-13 09:24:50 »
Quote from: ice_cold513
So where the pic to show us, the poor people who cant get a PS3.

I wouldn't feel bad.  Those that spent a fortune on their PS3 could be poor now.  :-D

James Pond

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007-06-13 11:56:47 »
(I see him and james "B"ond so much they must like me they post every chance they get and so do you!! Mr. I wish I could get my time backl).

Yeah, my name isnt a miss-spelling, its the name of a retro game from the early 90's, please try again.

Guspaz

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007-06-18 16:18:39 »
Umm, the PS3 doesn't render PS1 (or PS2) games at 1080p. Or 720p. It renders them exactly as they were rendered on the original hardware. That's because (excluding the European PS3s and possibly the newer NA ones too), the PS3 contains the actual hardware from the PS2 (which contained the hardware of the PS1) to run the game. There is no opportunity to render at a higher resolution.

What it does do is upscale the image from the PS1's native (somewhere about 320x240, I'd guess, although the PS1 supported from 256x224 up to 640x480) resolution to whatever the output is.

The problem is, if you take a 320x240 image and upscale it to 1920x1080, it's just the original 320x240 image blown up. You can't create detail that isn't there. It doesn't really look any better. At best, you get smoother output, but no extra detail.

If you want high res FF7, the only option is the highres patch for the PC, which will render it at 1280x960. That's similar to 720p, except with a 4:3 aspect ratio.

James Pond

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007-06-18 16:38:44 »
If you want high res FF7, the only option is the highres patch for the PC, which will render it at 1280x960. That's similar to 720p, except with a 4:3 aspect ratio.

You realise that you just completely double-backed on what you just said, Right?

The Hi-Res patch upscales it to another resolution. Nothing more.