Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4923409 times)

Walter253

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.3)
« Reply #1025 on: 2015-04-12 23:09:41 »
So I tried to make a fresh installation, in C:\Games\FF7 then did make sure all files are not in read only and got the writting permissions.
Then I downloaded Firefox for Redownload the installer on it, in case Chrome just fkced up.

Then I tried again and same problem the fflevel won't patch, It look like the installer don't recognize the fflevel I got.
I won't say stupid things but maybe it's cause I've the fflevel designed for french version? But in this case it should not success on other files, it's odd.
Unfortunaly, I don't have an english copy of the game to check if it's the issue.
« Last Edit: 2015-04-12 23:20:51 by Walter253 »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: 2015-04-12 23:29:17 »
First off, if you have a custom scene & kernel (or any other files) you shouldn't be using the main installer. It'll overwrite everything. As for the flevel, it might either be the install location that's throwing it off or the flevel is too different/in a different location due to being the french one. Is the flevel in this address:

data/field/flevel.lgp

...or is it in a differently named folder because it's a different language version? Your scene/kernels should be in a folder with a different name too (not lang-en, it'll be lang-fr or something).

Walter253

• View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: 2015-04-12 23:49:14 »
Don't worry for my custom scene, i'd backup.
The folder location is the same. C:\Games\FF7\data\field
In fact all the folder got english name.

Also forgot to said that i'm with an Original 1998 game version, so I don't have the folder lang-en /lang-fr etc .
There is a screen of what my FF7 folder look like with Aali custom driver

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2015/16/1428882528-sans-titre.png

EDIT: just noticed that you call the file flevel.lgp
In C:\Games\FF7\data\field my file is named fflevel.lgp

EDIT2: so yeah I did rename my file fflevel.lgp in flevel.lgp and It did the trick, the installer got it and patched it.
This is the issue.

EDIT3: the game crash now with the file named flevel.lgp  , but just had to rename it in fflevel.lgp and it work.
You should notify this on the first post, in case someone get the same problem. : X

EDIT4: the hotfix patch for the flevel have the same issue (well it's not really an issue, just some unexpected stuff), it won't patch a file named "fflevel.lgp" but he is fine with "flevel.lgp"
« Last Edit: 2015-04-13 00:17:56 by Walter253 »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: 2015-04-13 00:19:35 »
Ah, so that's what it was. When you wrote fflevel the first time, I thought it was a typo. So the different regions have different names for their files on the 1998 version; I better add that info to the thread.

Walter253

• View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: 2015-04-13 00:31:54 »
I'm glad that my "problem" give you some new information  :-D
Im going to start a new game and enjoy your mod aswell, cya bud' :)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: 2015-04-13 01:45:16 »
Hope you enjoy it, bud; if you run into any trouble, let me know.

Mirenheart

• Pone
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: 2015-04-13 06:11:34 »
not sure if this was mentioned yet, but manipulating Beach Plugs seems to have a problem with Big Guard. as for them its still a multitarget skill, but the actual skill itself is only single target.
This causes big guard to randomly target, which has led me to about 10 minutes of rage trying to get big guard to be used on the one person who actually had Enemy Skill, and continually failing.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: 2015-04-13 12:55:58 »
That's bizarre, I'll try editing the flags for the skill in the scene but I'd assumed it would pull that info from the kernel.

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: 2015-04-13 13:20:04 »
hey sega chief

will the tifa bootleg mod work with your mod?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: 2015-04-13 17:28:32 »
I don't think it works properly.

Mirenheart

• Pone
    • View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: 2015-04-13 22:46:26 »
Thought I'd bring something else up. I got a Luck Source in Nibelheim from one of the caped guys on the second floor of the southern most house, and from the one in the kitchen of the inn. I remember you saying you removed all the sources for the moment, so I wasnt sure if this was intentional or if you simply missed it.
« Last Edit: 2015-04-13 22:48:24 by Mirenheart »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: 2015-04-13 23:52:22 »
It's been mentioned before, but I don't know if I forgot about it (again) or if it's still present in the 1.2 7H version. I'll double-check the main installer files in any case.

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: 2015-04-14 00:37:55 »
hey sega chief

how can i install your mod on 7th heaven

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: 2015-04-14 01:13:24 »
Currently it's done through Alyza's catalog, it's under the Gameplay modifications category.

natepley

• View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: 2015-04-14 02:09:05 »
Hi Sega Chief,

I've talked with you before on the Insane Difficulty forums.  I was the guy with a long list of ideas for modding FF7 including adding some elemental spells, reintroducing tonberries and ochus, displaying weapon bonuses, etc.  I played your mod up to Junon, but I haven't really been playing games at all since then.  Life is taking me in other directions for now.  But I do get on these forums and read about the progress you're making.  I can't wait to play the mod again soon!

Last night I woke up with another idea about how to change AP growth so that players can only equip materia that they want to use and don't have to worry about loading up on materia for AP grinding.  I'm not sure if it's possible, but it seems like it could be cool.  It's related to your idea for changing how characters grow their stats through events rather than experience.

What if players gained/upgraded new spells (Fire -> Fire2) through events or quests, rather than having to keep Fire materia equipped for the entire game to keep leveling it up.  If an event leveled up the materia, then players would only equip Fire when they really wanted to use it.  Events could also be used to power up summons.  At least in the PSX version, I assume that different discs of the game could have different strength levels for the same attack, so in disc 3 Choco Mog could be stronger than in disc 1 (I think this is the case) so it could still be a viable attack throughout the game.  Not sure if something like this could be used in the PC version.

Thanks for being open to hearing my ideas and I hope they're helpful!  I don't know if they're possible or would be popular, but I think they'd be pretty cool!

Nathan

Mirenheart

• Pone
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: 2015-04-14 02:12:58 »
It's been mentioned before, but I don't know if I forgot about it (again) or if it's still present in the 1.2 7H version. I'll double-check the main installer files in any case.

ahh, I used the "Main Installer - 11th March 2015" version

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: 2015-04-14 03:18:37 »
Hi Sega Chief,

I've talked with you before on the Insane Difficulty forums.  I was the guy with a long list of ideas for modding FF7 including adding some elemental spells, reintroducing tonberries and ochus, displaying weapon bonuses, etc.  I played your mod up to Junon, but I haven't really been playing games at all since then.  Life is taking me in other directions for now.  But I do get on these forums and read about the progress you're making.  I can't wait to play the mod again soon!

Last night I woke up with another idea about how to change AP growth so that players can only equip materia that they want to use and don't have to worry about loading up on materia for AP grinding.  I'm not sure if it's possible, but it seems like it could be cool.  It's related to your idea for changing how characters grow their stats through events rather than experience.

What if players gained/upgraded new spells (Fire -> Fire2) through events or quests, rather than having to keep Fire materia equipped for the entire game to keep leveling it up.  If an event leveled up the materia, then players would only equip Fire when they really wanted to use it.  Events could also be used to power up summons.  At least in the PSX version, I assume that different discs of the game could have different strength levels for the same attack, so in disc 3 Choco Mog could be stronger than in disc 1 (I think this is the case) so it could still be a viable attack throughout the game.  Not sure if something like this could be used in the PC version.

Thanks for being open to hearing my ideas and I hope they're helpful!  I don't know if they're possible or would be popular, but I think they'd be pretty cool!

Nathan

I'd quite like a way of having Materia/spells be learned without player's feeling a need to load up on Materia, but we only have one set of files to work with on PC rather than three discs (or nine, if I remember what I read on Roden's thread correctly) like the PSX version. We do have 7H, though so it's not impossible to buff spells as you go through the game.

As far as learning spells through events go, I don't think I can add AP to a Materia from the field. I can have Materia be picked up with a pre-set amount of AP already on it (there's a Lv.3 Destruct Materia in the dark cave sidequest, for instance) which can maybe offer something.

natepley

• View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: 2015-04-14 06:13:26 »
I'd quite like a way of having Materia/spells be learned without player's feeling a need to load up on Materia, but we only have one set of files to work with on PC rather than three discs (or nine, if I remember what I read on Roden's thread correctly) like the PSX version. We do have 7H, though so it's not impossible to buff spells as you go through the game.

As far as learning spells through events go, I don't think I can add AP to a Materia from the field. I can have Materia be picked up with a pre-set amount of AP already on it (there's a Lv.3 Destruct Materia in the dark cave sidequest, for instance) which can maybe offer something.

Thanks for your quick answer!

I guess if I knew that, whenever the author of the mod felt it was time for the player to have bolt 2, I'd receive/win/find a level 2 lightning materia (then maybe later a shop that sells level 2 materia), then I wouldn't need to always have my lightning materia equipped unless I wanted to use bolt or pair it with Elemental materia.  Once I get my level 2 lightning materia, I could either save my level 1 materia to raise with AP later or sell them.  This kind of system could make a physical tank with slotless equipment much more useable without the regret of missing out on AP.

As for the summons, I really don't know anything about 7H so I'll take your word for it.

From your answer it sounds like something similar to what I imagined could be possible.  That's exciting.  I'll keep following your progress till I'm ready to pick up a controller again.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: 2015-04-14 13:30:03 »
I'm rebuilding the Arrange beta at the moment, so I'll have a shot at implementing this into it and see if it works out or not.

natepley

• View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: 2015-04-14 13:59:52 »
Sweet!  I'll keep reading the forums to see what happens!  Thanks!

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: 2015-04-14 14:18:35 »
hey sega chief

where in the Gameplay modifications category on 7th heaven can i find your mod

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: 2015-04-14 15:13:00 »
You need to install the gameplay categories first, then configure it to enable NT.

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: 2015-04-14 17:25:41 »
hey sega chief

how can i configure 7th heaven to enable your NT mod on it

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: 2015-04-14 21:55:08 »
Well, once you've downloaded it through the Catalog, activate it in the Library tab (click Search first to make it appear). Then go to Active Mods and a button there will say Configure. You can select New Threat from a drop-down list in there. After you're done, click Launch Game.

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: 2015-04-14 21:56:39 »
hey sega chief

what is the iro link to this Catalog?