Author Topic: [FF7PC] NPC Reconstruction (Discontinued, use Unified Model Installer)  (Read 572372 times)

stormmedia

• View Profile
NPC Reconstruction Project
« Reply #100 on: 2006-03-24 02:21:24 »
well spyrojyros_tail It could be done I belive ... don't know when it will be done but I could check it out to see what I can do ... but for now I will focus on the field models maybe later I will check this out tanks for the suggestion ... I could see what I can do with the snow minigame too well I'll let you know if I do it

Enya

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2006-03-24 20:51:42 »
With all due respect fellow programers, i think that cloud is a little to small, judging from the pictures i´ve seen. Epecially the lower part of the body, that´ll mean the legs. Just think about it. Maybe you could make them a little, say "fatter"? Nevertheless this looks as so many people already said, soooo good!

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2006-03-25 18:51:34 »
well Enya pic of cloud at the reactor was the first models I've modified from it's original size so it wasn't perfect ... the arms was too small for the legs and the body too fat. but I've corrected it now it fellow the sandard of a true human standard(note that the comabat models wasn't made from a true human standard the legs was too long for the rest of the body so the legs of my modifed models are smaller than those in the combat but I followed the human standand ... well now it look like this

I've draw the human standand on the 2nd pic... it's made with paint so... well all the line are suposed to be at the same distence or so from each other exept the foot one that is supose to be nearer from the tibia

If you compare with the battle model you see that line arn't at the same distance at all

but I've done them at my tast and publish it so ... that's possible that it is not everyone that like them ... if you like you could wait for ice_cold513 to publish his future version of his models he said that he have resize them so they will have the same proportion of the combat models but keep in mind that I've corrected some annimation problem and some bugs that could make the game freeze... but if you're like me and prefer the real proportion then tou can take mine

by the way ice_cold513 and borde ... realy nice work all the model that you've done realy look like the original one ... sorry I've never told you that earlier but this is very good ... if I modify them it's realy not because I don't like your work it's just to make them even more realist and to prevent the bugs so continue your exelent work guys !!!

well I think that's enough for now hehe

see you all
« Last Edit: 2006-05-13 02:29:42 by stormmedia »

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2006-03-25 19:12:18 »
sorry for the pics... it didn't work but I've remplace them by links... they should work lol .. you can also try this link the 3 pics of cloud are in order of my last post ... so the first is the cloud as it look like now the 2nd is the same with the standard lines draw on it and the last is the combat model with the lines draw on it

http://two.fsphost.com/stormmedia/npc_project/screen.html
« Last Edit: 2006-05-13 02:26:59 by stormmedia »

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2006-04-02 05:20:06 »
I just found out that my links does not work at the first time ... click on it and refresh the page and it should be okey .... sorry for the trouble I don't find any good host for my files ...

well see ya

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2006-04-07 03:55:16 »
Okey ppl I've uploaded all my work so far.  I have now 22 models modified.  It's the same links as before here to remember you:

as I said in my last post my host is weird so if it doesn't work the first time  refresh the page and you should be okey... by the way if you know a good free host I could use one ... I have too many troubles with my actual one and I want to change

I hope this will be okey but tell me if you find anything wrong

well that's all for now see ya
« Last Edit: 2006-05-13 02:30:19 by stormmedia »

Salk

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2006-04-07 16:54:15 »
stormmedia,

congratulations for a great job! Keep it up!!  :love:

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2006-04-07 18:05:40 »
tanks Salk for your suport it means a lot when you have up to 250 or so models to remake lol

these time I have more time for it so it'll go faster .. just today I've modifed 8 models hehe. So I'm about 30 models so far and I keep modify going.  I should make a new realese within the 2 or 3 next day with 15 models added so look for it !  If it goes well I might be able to realase it today.

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2006-04-07 21:20:49 »
okey here the new link ... I think it should be okey this time ... the other host cut the extension of the zip file when you download it ...

sorry again for all the trouble with the host
« Last Edit: 2006-05-13 02:30:39 by stormmedia »

Vanit

• View Profile
    • http://vanitstudios.burn.at
« Reply #109 on: 2006-04-09 00:09:19 »
I'd be more than happy to provide a mirror if you need it.

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2006-04-09 00:59:44 »
well Vanit... for now I have a mirror but all the others I had before had problems like ... works one time on two ... 1 MO per files ... cut the extention of the zip files etc .. this one look good for now but if I find a problem I'll PM you for a mirror

by the way Vanit I'm looking for a good host cause I want to make a website with all the projects that I'm working on like this one or the "FF sound" (midi instrument for ff7 and ff8(pc)) I've stared this some time ago and it's almost finish but I don't have a good host for my website... do you know a good free host that I could use ... the only one I found have to many ads... and the disign of my site wouldn't fit with it... well thanks in advence if you know one.

see you

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2006-04-09 21:12:47 »
I just uploaded a new release with 31 models added.  I have now 53 models modified ... and I modified cloud's dress .... well ... I modified it so it look like a dress 'cause if the father of the girl of the dress shop make dresses that looks like pants... I understand why he passe all his time at the bar... (sorry ice_cold513 I doesn't mean it wasn't good ... it's just that in the game it says that it is a dress .. not pants but I didn't touch anyting esle on your models ... exept for the size of course... they are very good like that!!)

here a picture of the 3 ladies resized in frond of Don
you can download the patch at the same page

well enjoy with these now models added !!
« Last Edit: 2006-05-13 02:31:01 by stormmedia »

ice_cold513

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2006-04-10 07:46:54 »
The new cloud looks good but can you stop Double posting you done it so many times you be banned by now there is a edit button.Your doing so good work why dont you join me and Borde and start making new one's. i can see you know how to edit p files and the hrc. Just add me to msn and me you and Borde can start doing more models faster and i then i can make you a patcher.

what you say then Yes or No??

Salk

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2006-04-10 12:28:07 »
stormmedia,

very nice indeed! The proposal of ice_cold513 seems to be reasonable. You three guys together could speed up the NPC reconstruction project and your talent would be of great help!

ice_cold513,

I don't think stormmedia has doubleposted anywhere. His posts have different content although I understand what you meant to say.

spyrojyros_tail

« Reply #114 on: 2006-04-10 13:38:06 »
Fantastic work guys, keep it up.

I was thinking about the fighting scenes, especially the ones where you run into a group of shinra soilders. I dont know if you have thought about this but does anyone remember these guys

These are the guys you run into in the shinra headquarters, and i always thought it weird that when ya ran into a red human guard you ended up  fighting a huge red robot, maybe you guys could take this robot out of the battle scene, so that the red shinra guard actually looks like this when your running about. (he looks really cool too) Its just an idea, oh yeah and im finishing my degree in about 6-7 weeks so instead of just shouting out ideas at you hopefully ill actually be working with ya.

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2006-04-10 18:20:17 »
Hi there

It is with great pleasure that I accept your offer of course.  I'll just finish to edit the models that you have done already and then I will start making new one!!! ... I should be done with editing your models in 2 week or so I think... I think you shouldn't bother about resizing them cause I work pretty fast on that so you could just send them to me and I will retun them to you resized and edited

Well ice_cold513 ... sorry for the double post... I don't think I've made too many but I'll watch myself .... I know that I've posted 2 times some messages by error and then I've deleted them maybe you say them before I deleted them ... well sorry if I double posted but I don't think it is the case

spyrojyros_tail the problem is that in the field they call the red guard models so if we modify it so it looks like the big red robots all the red guards will be a big robots ... so if it is supose to be a red guard it will be a big robots and when you will fight it it will be a red guard...

well see you all and thanks again for your suport

matzi

question
« Reply #116 on: 2006-04-11 17:50:30 »
when you think you will finish that projekt? 8)

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2006-04-11 18:43:36 »
well ... I'should be done with editing models in two weeks or so but for all the project I don't know ... I think it can take some years... it's hard to say it depend on many things like how many people will help and how many time we have to it but I promess you that we do all we can to finish it as soon as possible !!

Salk

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2006-04-11 19:04:04 »
Just love your enthusiasm, stormmedia! Keep it up!  :love:

Thrashamatrix

• There is no spoon, kid....
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2006-04-12 18:17:04 »
Say, guys I have encountered a problem with the NPC-RP I installed the Reuinion patch and the game worked fine :D then i tried to install this patch but first of all my char.lgp blew up to 120 mg's and when loaded my game to try see the new NPC's it said cannot find AFCE..... then it does the usual XP error and goes to the desktop.

any thoughts?

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 2006-04-12 19:12:18 »
C R I T I C A L --- U P D A T E

I've made some mistakes with some tex files that could lead to the crash of the game so ... I highly recommand to download the lastest update of my patch .. well sorry for this error

in this update I've corrected these files and added 12 new edited models so I'm about 65 models out of 72 models edited and when I will be done editing models I will start to make new ones hehe For now you can look at a picture of red13 when he wear a guard's uniform I remplaced the human arms be red13's and I added some fur hehe that look like this

Sorry I have changed my URL again but I think it will be the last time cause AOD provided me all the space I need without pub and without problem so thanks to AOD !!!

well I hope it won't have any other bugs but if it is the case tell me so I can fix it

oh and Trashamatix... well in my patch I have the AFCE file ... well maybe you could try to reinstall the game and then install my patch ... anyway I have only 10 models left to do or so .... so you wont loose so much

well see you
« Last Edit: 2006-05-13 02:31:45 by stormmedia »

Thrashamatrix

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 2006-04-12 19:37:15 »
Thanks for the quick reply, did you mean that there was an error in the file, I got quite confused by the number of files to download so i downloaded everything. The patch that I used is called the NPC v o.4 reconstruction patch. (or something like that) It had clear instructions, which I followed and then i got the problem. the above patcher was the only one who's instructions (Me being game modding illiterate)  I could understand

if you could give me a detailed guide to install !your! patch (because I really like the way you did the characters) I'd be grateful

EDIT--------
I downloaded your latest one, maybe i am doing it wrong the way i did it was install reuniun patch then copy and paste your ones to the char folder then i went to LGP tools and created a new one to replace my old char.LGP before I did any of the NPC reconstruction it was 51 mg's now its 175 mg's and when I did it this way it still could not read THe AFCE.AKI file or what not :weep:

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 2006-04-12 21:06:59 »
Hello everyone. I've released a new version of Kimera. You can find it at programming feedback forum. Hope someone enjoys it.
By the way, sorry for the big delay in the new release of the patch. I'm quiet bussy.
Thrashamatrix: 175MBs? That's quiet suspicious. Are you overwriting all the files in the folder where you extracted the contents of char.lgp?

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 2006-04-12 21:23:19 »
Trashamatix, I think you'd be better to reinstall the game

then open lgptools and open your char.lgp(46 mo or so with the original one)

click on extract all  and then choose a location(anywhere in your hard drive).  

Next extract my zip file on your desktop or anywhere

copy all the files in the "part1" folder in the folder where you put the contain of the char.lgp and overwrite original files

now start lgptools again and click on create

select the folder where the files are and then the char.lgp in your final fantasy VII\data\field\ folder(that will remplace the char.lgp)

(if your game crashed it's because you had the "part1" folder in your char folder when you remplaced the char.lgp with lgptool and if you had a 175 mbs files it's because you had many files twice because of it)

if you don't install the reunion or the npc before mine it doesn't realy matter because I have almost all those models modified anyway so you don't realy need them

I hope this will help good lock!!
see you

Thrashamatrix

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 2006-04-13 09:23:13 »
Oh hell :evil:  this is starting to really piss me off I extracted the Char.lgp to the folder char in data/field folder then i extracted the latest patch with the part 1 folder then i copied them to the char folder i reopened lgp tools  then i clicked on create new and i made a new one it now is 122megs what is the correct size and if someone could host the final char.lgp for downloading it would make life a lot easier. I really am quite stuck

but thank you for the help it's greatly appreciated  :(