Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4926668 times)

Bowser9

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.35)
« Reply #2050 on: 2015-09-04 02:58:12 »
@rgmarks
Garudo in Wutai would be the simplest.

rgmarks

• View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: 2015-09-04 05:40:44 »
@rgmarks
Garudo in Wutai would be the simplest.
Hey man, thanks, for some reason i was guessing that aqualung was learned from the da chao boss, not the common enemy Garuda. Thanks!

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: 2015-09-04 06:12:01 »
Is this supposed to happen? https://gyazo.com/65f6cf14a64f278e6e06a6abe76815fd

:o
Never seen that before. It looks like what happens when textures aren't found on a model (they usually have a pure white 'base' that they get overlayed onto) but the Highwind model shouldn't have any textures on it, unless it's a modded one? Does that happen every time you load up the game?

Zedes

• View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: 2015-09-04 07:26:15 »
No mods other than yours. the highwind looked fine until I got to disk 3. Loaded up the game a few more times and it still looks like this.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: 2015-09-04 18:49:40 »
It'll be the rocket-version of the Highwind that's went wrong then. Maybe the model in world_us.lgp got corrupted somehow? The file isn't touched by the regular installer. You could try patching it with the optional World Map patch that NT has; it's just for making the three character models for Cloud, Tifa, and Cid to reflect their field models but it might fix your bright white Highwind as well.

Gatchaman

• View Profile
« Reply #2055 on: 2015-09-04 19:19:46 »
Edit: was already answered! Missed this page! B)
« Last Edit: 2015-09-04 19:21:35 by Gatchaman »

Rukim

• View Profile
« Reply #2056 on: 2015-09-05 05:53:55 »
Hey sega chief i was wondering if u have another link to the database because the one in the OP is down.
And how do you get barrier?
« Last Edit: 2015-09-05 11:29:07 by Rukim »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2057 on: 2015-09-05 15:14:05 »
Mega seems to be down in general just now, I can't access it (which means the other NT file links are also down for the time being). Here's an alternate link for that database in the meantime, but bear in mind that it's out of date: http://www.mediafire.com/download/i3b883gbrtkza1b/FF7_-_New_Threat_Mod_Database_%5Bv1.3%5D.ods

As for Barrier, Aeris should join the party with it equipped.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2058 on: 2015-09-05 16:29:31 »
Use The Nexus to upload the mod as seconed place.

Zedes

• View Profile
« Reply #2059 on: 2015-09-09 19:25:03 »
What's the best late-game place to grind AP?

rgmarks

• View Profile
« Reply #2060 on: 2015-09-09 22:24:06 »
What's the best late-game place to grind AP?
I think its in north crater, look for the area that has the Mover enemies, kill them with ignore defense attacks.
Give ethers for the Magic pots and get some AP too. =)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2061 on: 2015-09-13 00:03:18 »
Serious problem; the installer link currently up has somehow gotten older 1.3 files in it rather than 1.35. Going to fix it just now but this isn't good :l

Edit: I'm not sure how, but an older installer for 1.3 has replaced the Main Installer 17th August file on Mega. The reason this is confusing me is because the template I use is continually updated for each patch and I rename the file for it's latest date before generating it. Also, the files on my PC that are used to generate the patch are all up to date. The only thing I can assume is that Mega has somehow replaced the new file with an older installer but kept the new name, perhaps due to similarities in the file? That's the only thing I can think of.

In any case, I'll be sweeping out all the NT files kept on Mega and probably swapping over to Mediafire again. I'll also need to double-check uploads in future just in case something like this happens again.

Edit2: Actually, not so sure now that the installer was out of date. Bit confused. I'll just gut everything anyway and upload a new set of files to be sure; there's overdue fixes needing to go in anyway.
« Last Edit: 2015-09-13 01:01:47 by Sega Chief »

Gatchaman

• View Profile
« Reply #2062 on: 2015-09-13 00:18:05 »
Worry...

Yapt

• View Profile
« Reply #2063 on: 2015-09-13 08:34:44 »
Hi sega
Ive just grinded through to level 70 (which i now see is no longer max level) however my characters only have 2-3000 hp with no materia on making it hard to progress, the streamers on youtube seem to have twice that. Have I missed something? Also is there a method for morping enemies I cant sense?
« Last Edit: 2015-09-13 08:46:34 by Yapt »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: 2015-09-13 14:14:06 »
The HP values were adjusted down to sit at around 3000-4000 for most characters at Lv.70-99; if streamers have 2x that then they're likely playing an older build or maybe doing something with the .exe patch which has different materia equip bonuses/penalties (one or two pieces had small HP+ effects, but probably not enough to cover a 2x boost to HP so it's more likely an older build with different character stats).

Morphing enemies without Sense is tricky, and it's something I should change in the future. What I could do is move the weapons/armor off Morph on high HP enemies and into new content of some kind (or just make them reliable drops/steals instead). Alternatively, the .exe patch raises the Sense limit to 60,000HP (or thereabouts) which will help with a few of them. Best method I have for Morphing an enemy when Sense isn't an option is to hit it with the same high-damage attack and count how many casts/attacks it takes before it dies; then on the second run use that attack but stop one short, before trying to Morph it with Yuffie's Conformer which shouldn't have a damage reduction when used with Morph.

The initial idea behind it was that to Morph an extra battle boss you needed to be a little stronger than normal to keep control of the fight as you move them down to Morph range, which would be a gateway to those weapons + Ultimate Weapons that can be crafted from them. I think in practice it just causes headaches when Sense can't be used so I'll be looking to change it in the near future.

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #2065 on: 2015-09-13 14:28:43 »
hey sega chief

when are the new threat mod install files are going to be uploaded again

Webbhead08

• View Profile
« Reply #2066 on: 2015-09-13 14:31:18 »
Hey Chief, was going to fire up another NT run, and see that the link is down? I played about 2 months ago (pre SP/ stacks) - anyway to access the newest version??

As always, awesome work, and thanks so much. -Web

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2067 on: 2015-09-13 14:33:41 »
I'm working on some key updates for it at the moment, one including a fix for the softlock in the Blue, Red, and Yellow Materia Caves (just finished that). I'll try to have them back up tonight once they're generated.

Gatchaman

• View Profile
« Reply #2068 on: 2015-09-13 16:21:07 »
Yeah, I enjoyed how some of the boss/ tough enemy morphs give you good equips, even if they WERE un-sense-able, because it's like a reward for mastering the battle. I managed to get it with some, but needed to pull out all the stops and just finish the battle with others.
I guess from a balance perspective though, it just means more powerful parties will get more power boosts to stay above average, while weaker ones miss out (and might need to grind to progress). I think that having good drops, steals, morphs, and field prizes gives plenty of opportunities for different players to get their power levels up to scratch, though.
Having stats and hp regulated by your story progress keeps you competitive anyway, I think. Most of the rewards will be bonuses in things you can build teams around, or just increasing options if you already have some powerful stuff. (rather than being more powerful on top) It's only late game where you may be ultimate weapon hunting where morphing becomes unavoidable, so maybe, as was suggested, having some/rare drops in addition to morphs could relieve some pressure on that front. :)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2069 on: 2015-09-13 20:51:20 »
I hear you, Gatch.

Just done fixing a few other things. The Dark Cave countdown will now just do a white-out effect rather than the Reactor explosion thing; not sure why I used that originally. But I also put something experimental in there; it should be harmless enough, as the alternative is just a plain old Game Over, but don't overwrite your current save file with it or anything; it could take a while to get back :I

I think that's everything for now. I'll put the files up and then generate an IRO patch as well.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2070 on: 2015-09-13 21:47:58 »
New installer upppppp-

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2071 on: 2015-09-16 14:35:55 »
This is the 7H.iro with the most recent version of the files. Let me know if it doesn't work properly (as in, the wrong battles are loading up): http://www.mediafire.com/download/s5rfpk9s5xpr6fo/NT_1.35_September.iro

Gatchaman

• View Profile
« Reply #2072 on: 2015-09-16 22:47:14 »
Hey Chief, I've been continuing on with (the latest) .exe Arrange and I'm on my way to Corel from Costa Del Sol now.

JENOVA Vector was a lot of fun. I used Aeristh and Barret with Cloud for the fight. Barret building attack+ stacks with Cannon Ball in front row, and Cover, Aeristh alternating between Quake and heals, and Cloud on (Haste/Potion/Attack) support duty. Kept the damage flowing steady with about 400-700 damage per turn, depending on how much we needed recovery. Had a couple of KOs but nothing overwhelming- constant pressure.
Her spawning attack didn't seem to work though... she started the battle with some recovery attack, but no other enemies appeared. There was no sign of anything spawning for the rest of the battle, either, even though I wasn't very speedy. Was this changed from previous versions?

The other thing I just noticed was a battle near the Corel Reactor (2 Bloatfloats and Bagnadrana in the middle, back) seems to have the enemy rows backwards from the way they appear- the two Bloatfloats are (Back Row) even though they seem to be in front. I just wanted to mention now before I forget!

EDIT: I also really like the rain effect, but I've just noticed it carries over into the Rank Up screen with Mr Smile (at least on the Corel rollercoaster save point). Not the worst thing ever, but I don't reckon it would be too hard to change... would it? :S
I was wondering if you could make it rain in battles, too, or whether that was just in the flashback battle background (is it even raining then? Am I imagining? I don't know!) rather than an overlay.

EDIT 2: Barret and Yuffie is the perfect team for snatching baby chocobo treasure! There's absolutely zero remorse in this party! :L
« Last Edit: 2015-09-16 23:36:07 by Gatchaman »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2073 on: 2015-09-17 14:54:58 »
Hey Chief, I've been continuing on with (the latest) .exe Arrange and I'm on my way to Corel from Costa Del Sol now.

JENOVA Vector was a lot of fun. I used Aeristh and Barret with Cloud for the fight. Barret building attack+ stacks with Cannon Ball in front row, and Cover, Aeristh alternating between Quake and heals, and Cloud on (Haste/Potion/Attack) support duty. Kept the damage flowing steady with about 400-700 damage per turn, depending on how much we needed recovery. Had a couple of KOs but nothing overwhelming- constant pressure.
Her spawning attack didn't seem to work though... she started the battle with some recovery attack, but no other enemies appeared. There was no sign of anything spawning for the rest of the battle, either, even though I wasn't very speedy. Was this changed from previous versions?

The other thing I just noticed was a battle near the Corel Reactor (2 Bloatfloats and Bagnadrana in the middle, back) seems to have the enemy rows backwards from the way they appear- the two Bloatfloats are (Back Row) even though they seem to be in front. I just wanted to mention now before I forget!

EDIT: I also really like the rain effect, but I've just noticed it carries over into the Rank Up screen with Mr Smile (at least on the Corel rollercoaster save point). Not the worst thing ever, but I don't reckon it would be too hard to change... would it? :S
I was wondering if you could make it rain in battles, too, or whether that was just in the flashback battle background (is it even raining then? Am I imagining? I don't know!) rather than an overlay.

EDIT 2: Barret and Yuffie is the perfect team for snatching baby chocobo treasure! There's absolutely zero remorse in this party! :L

It's probably an AI problem with the Arrange trigger; the two mobs are supposed to spawn at the start of the battle rather than later on but I guess I missed something. I'll add a rain-cancel to the Rank Up screen too which should fix that problem. Only that Kalm Flashback battle has the rain in it, I don't think it can be transferred/switched on and off to the other battle backgrounds.

Gatchaman

• View Profile
« Reply #2074 on: 2015-09-17 17:38:27 »
Sweet! I've kept saves so I can go back and fight her properly once it's changed.
I thought as much for the rain, but like I said - it looks cool! Atmospheric.