Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4927373 times)

Zara9

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.35)
« Reply #2200 on: 2015-11-05 18:59:12 »
help me

i do not know what to do here on this sephiroth fight

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2201 on: 2015-11-05 19:30:19 »
Alright, I'll make you a patch; give me 15-20mins.

Edit: http://www.mediafire.com/download/oyma18afdc9drnr/NT_Mod_HotFix_Scene_-_Special.zip

That's a special patch that reverts the healing on Bizarro's torso from Recovery to a regular formula. It should be much easier to push through the fight and ignore the three-party mechanic. Note that this isn't an 'official' patch and won't be part of later builds so only download and use it if you want to have an easier Bizarro fight.
« Last Edit: 2015-11-05 19:42:58 by Sega Chief »

Kilen

• View Profile
« Reply #2202 on: 2015-11-06 04:01:34 »
Oh yeah, I better mention the new Innates for 1.4; here's the changes:

Barret: Slightly better defence boost per stack

Tifa [New] - Grit: When KO'd, she'll auto-revive with 1HP, retaining buffs + Limit gauge.

Aeris [New] - Geo(mancer) Stance: When using Defend, Aeris will absorb Fire, Ice, Bolt, Earth, Water, Wind, and Holy. This might be extended to cover Poison, Gravity, and Hidden (which is treated as the opposite of Holy in this mod) if Kernel space allows.

Red XIII: Boost can go up to 50, but builds slower.

Yuffie [New] - Reactive Evade: When hit by a damage type, Yuffie gains an evasion bonus against that damage type (physical or magical). She can only have one of them active at any time, and gaining one will cancel the other. It isn't 255% like Perfect Dodge, but it does give a noticeable boost.

Cait Sith [New] - MPgen: As much as I liked the idea of a Rage system, it was too cumbersome and space limitations ultimately killed it. The new innate compliments his role as a potential tank; once a tick, he'll gain HP back equal to his Current MP.

Vincent [New] - MP Regen: He's inherited Aeris' passive MP regen, except it now recovers 5MP per tick instead of 1MP. Still working on a way to make it based off his level (his true level, rather than the adjusted Synch one) but MP values seem a bit finicky when it comes to accepting other values. If anyone with AI experience knows why this is or a potential solution then it'd be appreciated.

Cid [New] - Luck Boost: Still not decided on this one, he gains +5 Luck as a battle goes on. I still need to test if this can go to 510 or if the stat is capped to 255. Might reinstate the old one, but trying to go for smaller script size and I was advised to avoid using ones that encourage keeping characters at low HP. Let me know what your thoughts are.

Heya -- thanks for the mod!  I didn't make it too far in 1.35 before my computer died, so I haven't seen the late game. 

I just want to put in a request to swap these innates around -- give Sith the geo stance, Vincent the MP->HP regen, and Aeris the MP regen.  (assuming you can get it to regen something like floor(maxMP/60) or so)  I just really enjoyed the early game where I had one character with a steady supply of MP, and I'd hate to see that disappear.  If Vincent's limits still have him 'berserk' (dunno if so), it'd be a way to make him more self-sustaining during it.  Not sure how useful the defend innate is -- could any regulars comment on it?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2203 on: 2015-11-06 13:08:33 »
Heya -- thanks for the mod!  I didn't make it too far in 1.35 before my computer died, so I haven't seen the late game. 

I just want to put in a request to swap these innates around -- give Sith the geo stance, Vincent the MP->HP regen, and Aeris the MP regen.  (assuming you can get it to regen something like floor(maxMP/60) or so)  I just really enjoyed the early game where I had one character with a steady supply of MP, and I'd hate to see that disappear.  If Vincent's limits still have him 'berserk' (dunno if so), it'd be a way to make him more self-sustaining during it.  Not sure how useful the defend innate is -- could any regulars comment on it?

That does make sense. Vincent's trouble in his Limit form is that he can't restore his own HP unless he's being hit by the element he absorbs, and he won't be using MP in those forms so it could make them a lot more viable in longer/serious fights if he had the MP > HP restore (kind of fits the character too). I gave Aeris the Geo Stance because I read in the dev notes that each character was going to have a 'job' and hers was a Geomancer, which made sense. Thing is, that'd be a better fit for a Tank character who'll be using Defend a lot, and the MP regen would help a caster a lot more.

And with that said, I've found Geo to be handy so far; if you've got a big elemental hit coming up like Rolling Fire or Tsunami, you don't have to worry about her getting mowed down as ranged magical attacks tend to be the thing that a back-row caster will bite the bullet to. I'm betting it'll be great in a set-up that revolves around Magic Counter, etc. or when you have several things to protect your team against and can't quite cover them all. Cait Sith with the MP Regen could be a good fit too because his magic stat isn't as high as Aeris or Vince; between those two, if one had an MP regen then I can see it pushing the other onto the sidelines. That's not as much of a factor if Cait has it, because he can't nuke as hard with spells.

If you're worried about early MP, then remember that Aeris comes equipped with the Heal Materia and that Poisona was changed to an MP Draining spell; I set up each boss to dish out a decent chunk of MP in case battles last a little longer. I'm still open to swapping Geo onto Cait and giving Aeris the MP regen again, but I'll need to get toward the end of this test run before I can be sure.

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #2204 on: 2015-11-06 13:34:45 »
hey sega chief

on your 1.4 update of your mod

can you fix it so the dark cave sidequest automaully starts when you reach the bottom of the nortern cave please

because its annoying to walk to the golden saucer, then talk to dro and walk all the way back to the airship and then fly to the sleeping forest
« Last Edit: 2015-11-06 14:37:33 by Zara9 »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2205 on: 2015-11-06 15:44:58 »
I can't have it start automatically; it's too long for that. I'll think of something; I was going to change the activation conditions for it anyway.

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #2206 on: 2015-11-06 21:02:50 »
hey sega chief

your dark cave side quest softlocked on me today

when i beat the final boss on your dark cave side quest and then went into the eleavtor, my game soft locked

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2207 on: 2015-11-06 21:20:15 »
Was it this: http://steamcommunity.com/app/39140/discussions/0/540738050800091352/

If it was that, then it's not associated with the sidequest. The scripts that handle glass elevators in Shinra HQ can break if you try to enter them from an odd angle, or if you mash the Confirm button. It was a problem in the original game, and the same thing can happen when dismounting ladders. Best way to avoid it is to be directly in front of an elevator and to only press the Confirm button once.

I've tinkered with those elevator scripts in the past to make them more stable; I could revisit it. But if the crash happened inside the elevator when you were choosing which floor to go to, then let me know.
« Last Edit: 2015-11-06 21:22:59 by Sega Chief »

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #2208 on: 2015-11-06 22:02:56 »
hey sega cheif

when you climb back down the rope is invisable on your dark cave side quest

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2209 on: 2015-11-07 00:25:52 »
Yeah, the Wire is invisible when coming back down for some reason. I never got around to finding out why, but I guess I should.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2210 on: 2015-11-09 12:52:55 »
So thanks to NFITC1's help with getting the battle var to write the value, Rank Up SP is now obtainable from random battles and not just boss fights. The old system was a bit 'fake' in that it just added on a set amount of points after each boss with the only variation coming from dialog options and the occasional one-off story event. Now it's something that can be built directly by the player like EXP; the current plan is to have enemies check your real level (not the synched one) and if it's lower than theirs they'll dish out SP. To cover that, each Rank will need to cost more than 30 because the lowest SP value that can go out is, well, 1. Gonna go with *edit: 100, that way I'll have the range to give an area's 'tough' enemy/enemies substantially more SP than the weaker chaff ones.

The hard EXP caps at Lv.11, 21, 31, etc. are going to be really useful for balancing this  :-D
« Last Edit: 2015-11-09 15:14:16 by Sega Chief »

Gatchaman

• View Profile
« Reply #2211 on: 2015-11-10 14:09:24 »
Will there still be a limit to the total number of rank ups you can get?
I'm already daydreaming of KO'ing those out of party to get more SP/EXP, and hunting for the most efficient encounters. All 255 stat party possible?? ;)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2212 on: 2015-11-11 01:47:19 »
It's still 8, but I can increase it if needed. I want to avoid natural 200+ stats though; I need a generous overhead to allow for equipment boosts. The AI checks each active character's level in order, so tactically KO'ing them to reduce EXP won't work here; this isn't FF8  :P

Gatchaman

• View Profile
« Reply #2213 on: 2015-11-11 15:26:32 »
Aha! Good, sounds like things are under control.

anti_ohme

• View Profile
« Reply #2214 on: 2015-11-11 20:21:32 »
Hey guys

Can someone point me in the direction of some sort of boss guide? I am freaking out at the Goldberries, and that little cactus ***** . Thanks, LOVE the mod by the way. :D

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2215 on: 2015-11-12 21:44:37 »
The cactus guy will grow in size whenever he's hit by magic, and eventually this will prompt a counter-attack that ends the battle. But physical attacks are tough to use on him, so best way to handle it is by getting Quadra Magic which'll roughly double the damage of a spell overall (unless it  still hits for 9999 damage per blast) and only counts as one spell. MP Turbo is also good for getting the most out of your limited Magic hits (I can't remember how many it was before he 'enraged'). Beware of Spirit Needles though; it invisibly reduces your character's MaxMP so get those nuke casts out as early as possible.

As for the Goldberries, you can heal your party by absorbing elemental damage. If you can get Pandora's Box then that'd be ideal as if you absorb Hidden (combine Elemental with any non-elemental materia) or equip certain armor/accessories then you can cast this with impunity to damage them while healing your party. It might reflect back, but that'll work in your favour due to the absorption. If a character is killed at any point, then try using the Phoenix summon to revive them instead of the usual means. You can also up your survival odds at the start by popping Planet Protector/Great Gospel to begin and then casting your multi-target spell nukes with impunity. They should have 42,000HP each so if you can land 7000-9999 damage per cast then you should be able to get the fight into a position where you can win. The only problem is if they move a certain way then some of them will temporarily pick up the Peerless status but if someone casts Debarrier + All before the cast (maybe with W-Magic for Debarrier + All followed by a Quadra Ultima) then you can blitz that protection to ensure the spell hits all of them.

anti_ohme

• View Profile
« Reply #2216 on: 2015-11-13 13:45:54 »
Thanks man! One more question, how much HP does variablis have? trying to morph it is proving nigh on impossible!!

ty

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2217 on: 2015-11-13 14:04:49 »
Variablis had his immunity flags left on (my bad) when that part of his AI was supposed to be disabled. He has 41,000HP; best way to do it is to hit him with a high-damage spell to get 9999 damage done; doing that four times and then using a Cactus Gun (for very close to 1000 damage but not quite) will leave him with very little HP; after that, use Barret's Max Ray (which is non-elemental) to try and get the Morph done.

Mithrain

• View Profile
« Reply #2218 on: 2015-11-17 16:06:28 »
Hi there, Sega Chief.

Loving the mod, it's easily my favorite mod, for my favorite game. :)

You mentioned something about adding a lot of events in 1.4. Will I be able to experience these events/sidequests, if I progress in the game (Almost out of Midgar, so far), by going back to the areas in which they occur, or would I be better off simply waiting, before continuing?

Thanks in advance. o /

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2219 on: 2015-11-17 19:52:22 »
I'm afraid that this time the new patch is placing events that'll be playing off story progression so there will be stuff missed by playing 1.35. On the other hand, some of the Disc 3 content like Extra Battle is getting worked back into the story so this is the last build where you can fight these bosses at their current strength.

Mithrain

• View Profile
« Reply #2220 on: 2015-11-17 20:42:26 »
Alright. Think I'll hold off with progressing, until 1.4 then. :>

Thanks for the quick response!

anti_ohme

• View Profile
« Reply #2221 on: 2015-11-18 16:32:11 »
Hey man

I just got cloud's ultimate weapon (after a gruelling day of trying to morph variablis)!

My cloud is lvl 86, but his hp is only about 2500, and in turn his ultimate weapon is pretty useless. I havent found any HP plusses, and was wondering if there is a way to boost his hp some how? I feel like i've hit a wall and none of my characters are getting any stronger - not strong enough to face the next set of bosses (goldberries, the ?????, Zack, etc etc etc)

Thanks

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2222 on: 2015-11-18 18:19:25 »
HP is the biggest problem in the current build (especially on Arrange + .EXE); the arcs didn't work out as well as I'd hoped and a patch wasn't able to correct it like I'd been able to do with EXP arcs in the past. Your best bet for Zack is to open with a Sneak Attack + Shield to protect against the initial volley of physical attacks, apply protective magic, and then work from there; counter attack/magic counter should also prove very useful there. Goldberries are best dealt with by opening with planet protector/Great Gospel and then using Debarrier + All before casting Quadra-Ultima (W-Magic could cast both in the same turn); this should get rid of any Peerless on them and let you avoid most of the counter-attacks that'll come back; use ATB Wait to have Peerless last as long as possible and get the most out of it.

Snap006

• View Profile
« Reply #2223 on: 2015-11-19 14:58:39 »
This is my first mod. I'm loving every bit of it, especially the little changes. I won't say which ones because I don't want to spoil them for people.

I'm afraid that this time the new patch is placing events that'll be playing off story progression so there will be stuff missed by playing 1.35. On the other hand, some of the Disc 3 content like Extra Battle is getting worked back into the story so this is the last build where you can fight these bosses at their current strength.

I have a question about this. If we beat the 1.35 mod and install this, can we use 1.4 on the new game +?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2224 on: 2015-11-19 18:03:26 »
Yeah, but your team will likely have reduced MaxHP/MP going forward due to the arcs I've used for this build.