Author Topic: FINAL FANTASY VII OST (Remastered Edition) ~by Final FanTim~  (Read 155372 times)

Qudeid

• View Profile
FINAL FANTASY VII OST (Remastered Edition) ~by Final FanTim~
« Reply #125 on: 2009-08-17 15:48:43 »
I'm shocked...
This is so amazing! Why didn't I ever find this, although I am registered on this site for so long... Shame on me and praise on you, finalfantim!

*downloading*

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 2009-08-20 02:58:58 »
Hey, just wanted to say that "The Shinra Corporation - The Shinra Company" doesn't quite sound right, i think the choir needs to be more pronounced i think

The Favs

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 2009-08-20 19:39:08 »
Hey, just wanted to say that "The Shinra Corporation - The Shinra Company" doesn't quite sound right, i think the choir needs to be more pronounced i think

Sounds perfect to me.

Harruzame

• Mondai Nai....
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 2009-08-21 12:24:19 »
HUmmmm....... *Listening to FinalFanTim FFVII Soundtracks*...Humm....hummmm...

AAaaaahhh...Bliss!....

Though..I'll add I like the Reunion version of FFVII Main Theme <Orchestrated>... It's an epic!...

finalfantim

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 2009-08-22 18:09:53 »
Final fan tim, Not sure if your still kicking about, but I figure I'd give a critique of any peices that need some tweaks

opening : around :29, the wood block echo needs to be more pronounced

Hurry!: Something a little less high pitched for the tick tock

Turk's theme: You have something of a cymbal at the beginning, I beleive its supposed to be a maraka or some shaken percussion

Still more fighting : Needs a different guitar, Sorry I can't be of more help there :/

That's all i spotted on a quick run through disc 1, I may put more up, might now, I'm not sure if you're even up for fixing any of yer tracks further.

-this is not to demean your work, just constructive criticism, I think all the tracks you've made are wonderful!

No worries, i can take criticism, its how i keep learning to do better  :mrgreen:

The truth is, i dont always know what instruments were intended to be used with the PSX version due limitations of the sound chip.
I always pick the instruments that sound 'logic' to me.

I used a tambourine on Turk's theme cause i think its more 'western' than a shaker. I used the shaker with Yuffie's theme for instance.

I have a different guitar sound since recently, so i might look into it :D

Thanks all for the nice comments!
Im currently working on FFVI OST Remastered:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=X3V1XTGO

EDIT:
Still More Fighting: Well, i fixed the guitar with a more distortion one instead of a 'overdrive only' :)
V2.0 (Power Chord Guitar)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PAJUBIQ3
V2.1 (Native Single Guitar *more realistic for this piece*)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=X5XZY892

« Last Edit: 2009-08-24 21:23:43 by finalfantim »

alrick13

« Reply #130 on: 2009-08-23 13:07:13 »
Any chance of doing FFVIII?

finalfantim

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 2009-08-23 19:59:47 »
Any chance of doing FFVIII?

Maybe but not in the near future :)

Harruzame

• Mondai Nai....
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 2009-08-24 10:48:02 »
Maybe he's doin it in reverse?...FFVII to FFVI to so on and on... :lol:

The Favs

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 2009-08-24 15:02:31 »
Oh, I'd love to hear FFV Remastered! :-D

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 2009-08-24 15:13:53 »
I see a pattern here. :roll:

I'd love to see FF1, 2, 3, 4, 9, 10, 10-2, 11 and 12 remastered. And Tactics. and the others.

finalfantim

• View Profile
« Reply #135 on: 2009-08-24 15:44:31 »
Maybe he's doin it in reverse?...FFVII to FFVI to so on and on... :lol:

Uh oh, busted...you cracked my code  :mrgreen:

I'd love to see FF1, 2, 3, 4, 9, 10, 10-2, 11 and 12 remastered. And Tactics. and the others.

HAHA  :-D So basically every FF out there, well unfortunatly i dont have the time due to school/work. If SQUARE ENIX could only sponsor me...id be happy to share some royalties  :wink:

« Last Edit: 2009-08-24 15:47:52 by finalfantim »

Arzga

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 2009-08-24 17:43:15 »
I am working on a slight fix on this great OST. As some of you may have already noticed, the songs have some empty space on their beginning, and the ending isn't the possible for good looping. Currently I am working on these issues. I am cutting the empty space from the songs' beginning and cutting a part from their end, making the looping sound as good as possible.

But I don't have much time, so it may take to the end of the week to get CD1 done. But wait patiently.  :wink:

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 2009-08-24 18:44:53 »
@Arzga...already been done a few times over. See this. Feel free to upload and share yours, though! It'd be a nice bonus if they were named using the official filenames, too.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 2009-08-24 20:06:06 »

HAHA  :-D So basically every FF out there, well unfortunatly i dont have the time due to school/work. If SQUARE ENIX could only sponsor me...id be happy to share some royalties  :wink:

I was only kidding, because I saw that everyone was requesting their favourite FF game's soundtrack to be done :roll:

finalfantim

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 2009-08-24 21:10:22 »

HAHA  :-D So basically every FF out there, well unfortunatly i dont have the time due to school/work. If SQUARE ENIX could only sponsor me...id be happy to share some royalties  :wink:

I was only kidding, because I saw that everyone was requesting their favourite FF game's soundtrack to be done :roll:

I know, it would be cool on my resumé though  :lol:

Harruzame

• Mondai Nai....
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 2009-08-25 09:06:33 »
Oi! Give the man a break will ya?..He's already given us something to tinker our hands with FFVII OST release.. And now he's doin FFVI...And now you want him to do every FF game out there?..You guys crazy or what?..

Sorry Final FanTim these guys don't appreciate your work that much so they wanted more and more..and more..MORE!!!!..

HOw about KH for a change?........heheheheh :-D

:?

The Favs

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 2009-08-25 14:59:56 »
Not that I find any of these requests relevant, but if Finalfantim were to do any more remakes, it should be for FFV. It's never been done before and it'd be easier for him to do.

BUTZ more importantly (hehe...Butz...) *AHEM* I am working on album art for Final Fantasy VI Remastered, but I'm not sure what direction to take it.

The first cover is like this, yellow clouds and beams of light, like the final fighting stage with Kefka:

http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/6236/finalfantasyviremastere.jpg

The second one is with dark clouds and lightning, like the opening to FF6:

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/6236/finalfantasyviremastere.jpg

These are not their final drafts. They still need a lot of work. They're too dark, but I just want to know what you all think. What direction should I take? Should I go with the first one or the second one?

finalfantim

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 2009-08-25 16:28:05 »
Not that I find any of these requests relevant, but if Finalfantim were to do any more remakes, it should be for FFV. It's never been done before and it'd be easier for him to do.

BUTZ more importantly (hehe...Butz...) *AHEM* I am working on album art for Final Fantasy VI Remastered, but I'm not sure what direction to take it.

The first cover is like this, yellow clouds and beams of light, like the final fighting stage with Kefka:

http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/6236/finalfantasyviremastere.jpg

The second one is with dark clouds and lightning, like the opening to FF6:

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/6236/finalfantasyviremastere.jpg

These are not their final drafts. They still need a lot of work. They're too dark, but I just want to know what you all think. What direction should I take? Should I go with the first one or the second one?

Its nice, but be sure to keep the readability clear..."prevent dark on dark or light on light" (a qoute from my design class teacher) :wink:

The Favs

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 2009-08-25 16:52:38 »
Its nice, but be sure to keep the readability clear..."prevent dark on dark or light on light" (a qoute from my design class teacher) :wink:

If you had read the last line, I said that "They're too dark." I know it's hard to read. I just wanted to know which style I should go with: the clouds and sunbeams (final battle stage), or the clouds and lightning (FF6 opening)? :?

Legobuffel

« Reply #144 on: 2009-08-25 20:26:16 »
Awesome Music can't stop listening to it!

Hope there is more to come!! : :-D

finalfantim

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 2009-08-26 17:43:28 »

Thank you very much!
This album has been updated tremendously, so check this time as it will soon be reuploaded  :mrgreen:

This new package will include all the fixes and changes but more importantly, the tracks are all LOOPING and fading out like the ORIGNAL SOUNDTRACK! (thanks to TheFavs)

If you had read the last line, I said that "They're too dark." I know it's hard to read. I just wanted to know which style I should go with: the clouds and sunbeams (final battle stage), or the clouds and lightning (FF6 opening)? :?

Oops sorry bout that! It was probably too late (or too early) so i wasnt 100% awake :D
« Last Edit: 2009-08-26 17:49:59 by finalfantim »

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 2009-08-26 17:44:46 »

Thank you very much!
This album has been updated tremendously, so check this time as it will soon be reuploaded  :mrgreen:

This new package will include all the fixes and changes but more importantly, the tracks are all LOOPING and fading out like the ORIGNAL SOUNDTRACK! (thanks to TheFavs)

WOOT! Thats the only reason i dont use it yet

finalfantim

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 2009-08-26 23:11:44 »

Thank you very much!

WOOT! Thats the only reason i dont use it yet

Ok, its up and ready

willis936

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 2009-08-26 23:17:40 »
Garr.

What do you mean "all tracks are redone for looping"?
Does that mean every single track now supports it and I need to redownload your musics and trim the edges off for ff7music?

I mean, it'd be a great improvement, but more work for me.  XD

finalfantim

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 2009-08-27 00:01:24 »
Garr.

What do you mean "all tracks are redone for looping"?
Does that mean every single track now supports it and I need to redownload your musics and trim the edges off for ff7music?

I mean, it'd be a great improvement, but more work for me.  XD

Hehe yea, thats what i meant by putting '' on happy in my reply in your thread :) Sorry, cant help it, thats the way most people wanted...to be soundtrack like.
Its technically the same, but now loops in the track itself so its more like the OST of the PSX version which loops and fade out.

You only have to do the tracks i listed as "instrumental improvements" though (and some are the same as the versions with (Loop) behind the filename :)
« Last Edit: 2009-08-27 00:04:00 by finalfantim »