Author Topic: FINAL FANTASY VII OST (Remastered Edition) ~by Final FanTim~  (Read 155364 times)

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
FINAL FANTASY VII OST (Remastered Edition) ~by Final FanTim~
« Reply #150 on: 2009-08-27 00:07:19 »
So this works with looping or it is better suited for trimming to be looped? Im confused

finalfantim

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 2009-08-27 00:26:05 »
So this works with looping or it is better suited for trimming to be looped? Im confused

It doesnt work with looping ingame, but the tracks have a longer duration now because its looped once or twice to match the PSX Original Soundtrack. Its just for listening pleasure...not a technical improvement for FF7Music :P I hope i made myself clear now   :-)

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 2009-08-27 00:40:32 »

It doesnt work with looping ingame, but the tracks have a longer duration now because its looped once or twice to match the PSX Original Soundtrack. Its just for listening pleasure...not a technical improvement for FF7Music :P I hope i made myself clear now   :-)

Pefectly  :-D

finalfantim

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 2009-08-27 19:32:37 »

Let me know when your new collection for FFVIIMusic is ready so then i will make a link to your thread  :wink:

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 2009-08-27 19:41:05 »

Let me know when your new collection for FFVIIMusic is ready so then i will make a link to your thread  :wink:

Lol you may be waiting for a while. No time. If you didnt know im working on overhauling all 2d elements of the game

finalfantim

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 2009-08-27 20:04:11 »

Lol you may be waiting for a while. No time. If you didnt know im working on overhauling all 2d elements of the game

Hehe lol, that was you?  :lol: i read that thread like a few days ago
Ow, you also might want to change:
"You can get pre-cropped songs from FFT" to something like "You can get remastered tracks from FFT" so people arent confused

willis936

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 2009-08-27 20:26:18 »
I just want to clarify that this is a revamp of most of the tracks, not just the individual ones already posted, correct?

I only ask (while waiting for the downloads to find out myself) because my trimmed versions of your musics include the two updates you made.

finalfantim

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 2009-08-27 20:42:39 »
I just want to clarify that this is a revamp of most of the tracks, not just the individual ones already posted, correct?

I only ask (while waiting for the downloads to find out myself) because my trimmed versions of your musics include the two updates you made.

This new album contains the 2 mp3 updates + Opening ~ Bombing Mission and Still More Fighting  :-D

willis936

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 2009-08-27 20:48:05 »
Ah, so then I'm fairly certain I have the most updated trimmed working OSTRe ff7music folder.

BloodShot

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 2009-08-28 02:49:47 »
Just took a look at the new version, love the new "the birth of god".

I have a question though - are you ever going to add the bells into the mako reactor song? In my opinion, that was one of the things that made the song for me, don't really know why you didn't include them.

Other than that, this remastered soundtrack is awesome!

KnifeTheSky77

• Somnambulistic Paraphile
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 2009-08-28 04:10:25 »
FinalFanTim What soft synth were you using for the guitar sound in "For Those Who Fight Further"?

I was messing around with my new sonar 8 and took a stab at for "those who fight further"
I'm trying to get my guitar to sound closer to the original song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfsTSc9H2bs

finalfantim

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 2009-08-28 12:04:58 »
Just took a look at the new version, love the new "the birth of god".

I have a question though - are you ever going to add the bells into the mako reactor song? In my opinion, that was one of the things that made the song for me, don't really know why you didn't include them.

Other than that, this remastered soundtrack is awesome!

I was checking the Original Soundtrack, but i dont know how i could miss those bells, they are way to important to be excluded, so yea, i will :D Give me one hour or so.

EDIT:
Ok, here it is:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JPYW29E3

FinalFanTim What soft synth were you using for the guitar sound in "For Those Who Fight Further"?

I was messing around with my new sonar 8 and took a stab at for "those who fight further"
I'm trying to get my guitar to sound closer to the original song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfsTSc9H2bs

Nice Drum :D

I use the softsynth RealStrat together with GuitarRig 3. (the audio output of RealStrat has the audioFX GuitarRig 3 applied to it. I used a Gratifier amp together with a Mezone Distortion and i screwed around with the cabs and mics
« Last Edit: 2009-08-28 14:30:37 by finalfantim »

The Favs

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 2009-08-28 15:17:40 »
@ bloodshot:
Nice spot on Mako Reactor! How could any of us have missed that? :-o

Another thing I just noticed is how Fighting doesn't have the tambourine or cymbal taps in the beginning, like it does in the original. It gives it that faster paced feel to it. :wink:
« Last Edit: 2009-08-28 15:29:44 by The Favs »

finalfantim

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 2009-08-28 15:44:57 »
@ bloodshot:
Nice spot on Mako Reactor! How could any of us have missed that? :-o

Another thing I just noticed is how Fighting doesn't have the tambourine or cymbal taps in the beginning, like it does in the original. It gives it that faster paced feel to it. :wink:

Hehe i might fix that since i also fixed Still More Fighting....its all CD1 :P

willis936

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 2009-08-29 18:16:44 »
I hate to bother you for this but I'm reworking the files in my iTunes to get this organized (I'm OCD about my iTunes) and the least amount of work for me (ie not redownloading and editing all the song info again) would be to download the updated files (which I didn't keep untrimmed XD).

So.
I'm not sure if you kept the download links for your updates but if you did that'd be swell.   :-D

The Favs

• View Profile
« Reply #165 on: 2009-08-29 20:27:54 »
I hate to bother you for this but I'm reworking the files in my iTunes to get this organized (I'm OCD about my iTunes) and the least amount of work for me (ie not redownloading and editing all the song info again) would be to download the updated files (which I didn't keep untrimmed XD).

So.
I'm not sure if you kept the download links for your updates but if you did that'd be swell.   :-D

Here's the one's he gave me:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8GEAHFK6

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WL5HTNT4

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KTOX1YDQ

willis936

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 2009-08-29 22:13:43 »
Thanks.   :-D

That's a good start, but I also want all the track updates listed on the front page.  They had megaupload links under them and there were 3 updates in total.

Being the neat freak I am I clean out my downloads folder (terrible habbit).
On the other hand I have less than 100 gigs left.

Also, this one's drivn' me nuts:
Under the rotting pizza.  The bass seems a little on the synth side in the original and the cymbals sound slightly off (though the cymbals could just be because the low quality of the ost).
« Last Edit: 2009-08-29 22:53:13 by willis936 »

finalfantim

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 2009-09-01 19:02:18 »
Thanks.   :-D

That's a good start, but I also want all the track updates listed on the front page.  They had megaupload links under them and there were 3 updates in total.

Being the neat freak I am I clean out my downloads folder (terrible habbit).
On the other hand I have less than 100 gigs left.

Also, this one's drivn' me nuts:
Under the rotting pizza.  The bass seems a little on the synth side in the original and the cymbals sound slightly off (though the cymbals could just be because the low quality of the ost).

Ey,

Well thats because the cymbal is just 1/4 beat after the normal beat. This is how it suppose to be sounding like and its completly normal in the music world :P. It might sound 'weird' or 'off-beat' but its just like swing music :P

willis936

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 2009-09-01 19:07:50 »
Oh, well I guess I did word that to mean timing, but I meant in terms of tone and pitch. :-P

d33eniz

• I am watching for you... but I can't find you...
    • View Profile
    • United ODC Corporation
« Reply #169 on: 2009-09-01 20:30:45 »
Sorry, Tim, really, some son of an MOTHERFUCKING ASSHOLEBITCH has hacked my YouTube account and deleted ALL VIDEOS OF ME!

You can't imagine HOW THIS PISSES ME OFF.

What I am trying to tell you:
I will upload your songs again in next time. It will take a while, but you released a new package.
Aah- I have my own server, when I downloaded all your songs, I will make a .rar archive where people can download it. I will send you the link soon.

- Deniz

finalfantim

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 2009-09-01 21:44:35 »
Sorry, Tim, really, some son of an MOTHERf***ING ASSHOLEb*tch has hacked my YouTube account and deleted ALL VIDEOS OF ME!

You can't imagine HOW THIS PISSES ME OFF.

What I am trying to tell you:
I will upload your songs again in next time. It will take a while, but you released a new package.
Aah- I have my own server, when I downloaded all your songs, I will make a .rar archive where people can download it. I will send you the link soon.

- Deniz

That sucks.
On the bright side, the tracks will all be updated :P

finalfantim

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 2009-09-02 00:07:05 »
*Sorry, double post*  :-o
« Last Edit: 2009-09-02 10:46:57 by finalfantim »

finalfantim

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 2009-09-02 10:46:24 »
Oh, well I guess I did word that to mean timing, but I meant in terms of tone and pitch. :-P

Hehe k, sorry about the misunderstanding  :-)

CD1 is uploaded!

The Favs

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 2009-09-06 00:49:18 »
Final Fantim, send me a link to Trail of Blood please! :oops:

finalfantim

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 2009-09-06 14:44:32 »
Hey all,

I updated the first post with RapidShare links.
When you want to download (or need to redownload due changes) please choose the RapidShare links. This will help me earning some RapidPoints which alow me to exchange it for a Premium Account.

Thanks in advance!  :mrgreen:
Final

Final Fantim, send me a link to Trail of Blood please! :oops:

Ey,

I would be very thankful if you could redownload CD2 with RapidShare link.
Please PM me if this really is an issue  :-)
« Last Edit: 2009-09-06 14:53:26 by finalfantim »