Author Topic: Summon Materia Crash  (Read 1794 times)

Arnore

• View Profile
Summon Materia Crash
« on: 2013-11-06 21:01:14 »
Hey guys, first off, thanks for supplying some great mods, I've been having a really good time with them and its a great way to replay a classic.

However, do have one small problem. Whenever I pick up summon materia in-game, it crashes.
Now, I had gjoerulvs' hardcore mod installed, but deciding I wanted to play at a more leisurely pace, I uninstalled it. I then reinstalled the other mods again without it.
Everything was going fine until I reached Shinra HQ's and had a crash after opening one of the chests on the 65th floor. This is apparently a known issue, but I resolved it by
looking at this thread. (Thanks by the way!)

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=14019.msg196684#msg196684

Unfortunately, this bug repeats itself whenever a summon materia is picked up. That is, a battle is initiated and I get nothing but a black screen and music, then its no choice but to task manager out. I realize this is a remnant of the hardcore mod which adds bosses to summon materia pick ups and I even managed to fight a few after being brought into the battle screen without any issues. However, when I picked up the kjata materia, this wasn't the case. Just a black screen and boss music.

Judging by the thread I linked and how the last issue was resolved I was thinking I could download the files for the field where I pick the summon materia up (slfrst_2) and import it into the game via Makeo Reaktor. I don't know where to download the files from though, I'm abit inexperienced in this area.

Can anyone offer some insight into this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

« Last Edit: 2013-11-06 21:25:08 by Arnore »