Author Topic: How do i know...  (Read 2925 times)

Bluetank

• View Profile
How do i know...
« on: 2003-12-03 15:30:30 »
Hmm... Hi!

I'm new to this forum.. but I'm not new to the game.. so here's my question:

How do I know that my Final Fantasy VII is running @ 32 bit mode using Cetra? And do Cetra support the Windows XP patch, and is the XP patch making the FF 7 file into version 1.02?, cause i am using Windows XP. I couldn't seem to make it run in windowed mode using Cetra, so i am suspecting that I am not running in 32 bit mode... so anyone help?

Rubicant

• View Profile
How do i know...
« Reply #1 on: 2003-12-03 16:19:13 »
How to indicate that you are not in 32-bit:

The movies look fine. There are no annoying black boxes splitting up the video.

The gradients in the menus look 16-bittish when you take a screenshot and zoom in.

The battle swirl works.

AFAIK, that's the only messups the 32-bit patch indicates. Only if you are not 100% sure that you clicked the button and applied the patch yourself, then you will need the guidelines above. However, a more conclusive test is by looking at the gradients. In 32-bit they look really color rich. Almost makes your eyes melt.

And there you have it.

Bluetank

• View Profile
How do i know...
« Reply #2 on: 2003-12-04 01:24:23 »
Oh.. okay... so is there a working version for the Windows XP patch?

xeriouxi

• View Profile
You should be able to tell by...
« Reply #3 on: 2003-12-16 10:46:53 »
Hi!

If you have a monitor that has an OSD (On Screen Display) function, then when you access it's menu, if you look at the monitor's information, then you should see somewhere a value reading approximately 16 or 32 somwhere. That is the colour depth your monitor is currently running at.  :wink:

xeriouxi.

Caddberry

• View Profile
    • http://animenfo.com/
Re: You should be able to tell by...
« Reply #4 on: 2003-12-16 22:52:21 »
Quote from: xeriouxi
Hi!

If you have a monitor that has an OSD (On Screen Display) function, then when you access it's menu, if you look at the monitor's information, then you should see somewhere a value reading approximately 16 or 32 somwhere. That is the colour depth your monitor is currently running at.  :wink:

xeriouxi.

[idiot mode]
Monitors do that? i thought that was all softwareish related.. I had no idea monitors ran or could even tell they were running in certain color modes.. is this some new kind of monitor or am i just having a burnt moment?
[/idiot mode]

Bluetank

• View Profile
How do i know...
« Reply #5 on: 2003-12-16 23:53:55 »
haha yes there is.... = / my moniter tells me...

[clever mode]
oh well... haha. maybe i have short term memory, that i can see through my moniter to see what mode i am running at. And some moniter tells what refresh rates are you getting from your moniter.[/clever mode]

Caddberry

• View Profile
    • http://animenfo.com/
How do i know...
« Reply #6 on: 2003-12-17 05:53:43 »
Very smooth.. I didnt know that.. I guess that is my new learned thing for the day.. ^_^