Author Topic: Game crashes when I get Cloud's 3/1 Limit Break (Meteorain).  (Read 3641 times)

Nydomos

Hello!  First post, this seems to be a cool forum.

I'm near certain it crashed because I just met the requirements for Clouds 3/1 Limit (It crashed at the victory screen, where it shows your exp/AP/moves learned/etc). When the victory screen that would have given me limit 3/1 loaded, the game crashed immediately, if you understand what I am saying.

Is there a fix for this? I have 1.02, and Higher Res.

Specs:
Windows XP SP2
1024 MB RAM
AMD Athlon 2500+
ATi Radeon 9600 Pro (Omega drivers)
Audigy 2 ZS

I had spent the last 50 or so minutes farming for kills in Mythril Mines when it crashed, without saving once. 50 minutes down the drain.

Midgar

• View Profile
Game crashes when I get Cloud's 3/1 Limit Break (Meteorain).
« Reply #1 on: 2006-02-16 22:46:25 »
Hmm not sure, I have not heard of this before. As always try to reinstall it first. If you want, you can send us all a save, and someone might do it for you...  I just thought of something, just you Jenova if you don't mind a little cheating. You are not actually cheating, if you think about it, right?

Nydomos

eh
« Reply #2 on: 2006-02-17 04:13:21 »
I guess it was just a random crash.
I have gotten Meteorain now, didn't freeze this time.

Of course, it crashed at the battle results screen again 10 minutes after that, but I started saving frequently after the first time, so only 5 or so minutes lost.

ChaosControl

• ยค
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006-02-17 08:05:15 »
try cleaning your disks

corpse

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006-02-17 09:02:19 »
I had this with random crashes, I fixed by using the 1.00 ff7.exe, but updating the ff7config to 1.02.

Although you may not be able to do this with the higer res patch.

Midgar

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006-02-18 14:44:36 »
Hmmm I doubt it was a random crash, Something must have triggered it... Did you have antivirus software or something in the background? Maybe you did something different?

Nydomos

« Reply #6 on: 2006-02-19 03:13:34 »
Yes, I always have AVG Anti-virus on.

Like I said before, though, I think it was just a random crash, since I was able to get Meteorain when I tried again.  It did crash randomly after some random battles, though.