Author Topic: Game Crashing when exiting 60floor elevator  (Read 2768 times)

mcpaper

• View Profile
Game Crashing when exiting 60floor elevator
« on: 2006-04-22 16:16:24 »
Ive searched the forums and the only thing ive found is that people think you have a downloaded/pirated version, I will be happy to webcam myself with the game and its case etc.

Anyway back to the problem at hand; when I see the fmv of the guard sleeping with the security cameras, when it cuts to me leaving the lift i have the freedom of moving on, when i move on I get the illigle operation/stop functioning message from microsoft. Any idea? Im using battle > field mod, highREZ mod and the 1.02 patch.

Thanks, PLEASE help.

---edit----
VERY SORRY. I revisited the scene and this time it didnt crash. Could someone explain this? Or is it just instability. Sorry again. :oops:

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2006-04-22 19:20:52 »
Sometimes FMVs will hang or crash when running from the CD (something to do with CD not reading fast enough). There's instructions floating around somewhere to get it to run the videos from your hard drive.

someBodyOnceToldMe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006-04-22 19:35:32 »
To add on to what Covarr said, if you want to put your movies on your hard drive (keep in mind that's like 800 megs of movies), you pick a folder you want, usually something simple like 'movies' within your main FF7 directory, and you copy the entire contents of the movies folder of each of your 3 discs to said folder. it shouldn't matter if you say Yes or No to copying over files that are the same, many places say 'just say Yes to be safe.' you then have to find your FF7 folder in your Windows Registry, and find the registry key that has the location of your movie files. you change that from the CD drive folder to your hard drive folder.

if you don't know how to navigate the registry, then i'm sure it's on here somewhere, or just PM me or reply here and someone will tell you how.

edit: i just saw your edit... actually, for me, the same thing happened a few times. like 4 times, it didn't work, and then the 5th it did (but i died) and the 6th i did. i'm not really sure if it's a matter of stability or what, but i do know it's hell to run up those stairs a freakin 6 times.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006-04-23 03:15:02 »
Actually, it's a CD drive speed issue. If it doesn't read fast enough, it'll crash. The thing is, a CD drive doesn't necessarily always read at the exact same speed, so sometimes it will work, and sometimes not. But switching them to the hard drive should help so they don't ever crash.