Author Topic: Having some weird FFVII crashing problems.  (Read 2534 times)

Iguana

Having some weird FFVII crashing problems.
« on: 2006-04-29 09:51:18 »
Whenever I try to run the game in XP on ANYTHING but software rendering and the lowest resolution possible, the game opens up with the Eidos logo music, yet the screen is black. After a while the music also stops and the screen remains black. And needless to say is that playing the game on software rendering with a crappy resolution isn't worth my time. By the way, that the demo DID work on this computer a couple of years ago when I installed it.

Also note that I have tried all patches, 1.02, XP and the like.

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2006-04-29 15:01:24 »
hi Iguana are you using the high resolution patch ??? 'cause if it is the case maybe your screen do not suport this video mode and then turn black

Iguana

« Reply #2 on: 2006-04-29 17:48:34 »
No, I'm not. I tried it once but I got the same error, so right now I reinstalled it and I only have the video patch and the 1.02 patch installed. Doesn't work. :P\

Edit: I just noticed that SOMETHING was blocking the video patch setup but I have no idea what. A post in the FAQ said something about codec packs but I removed mine.

Edit 2: Never mind, I fixed it. While the video patcher still won't work, removing all those codecs has fixed it. WOOHOO.

edit 3: Gah, it keeps crashing at certain battles. any way to fix this?

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006-04-30 04:20:31 »
Iguana if it crashes at a start of a battle it may be because you switch to another program without closing the game and then return to the game(alt-tab) .. each times I've done so with this game .. the game crashed as soon as a battle start

NobodyImportant

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006-05-01 00:56:45 »
Did you install the movie player?

Well, I guess it doesn't matter since you solved that problem yourself.

Regarding the battle problem:
You could always reinstall, I guess. What's your configuration?