Author Topic: Super fast FMVs and slightly fast game play  (Read 3839 times)

eyeRmonkey

Super fast FMVs and slightly fast game play
« on: 2007-12-15 04:19:31 »
I did some research before posting, but nothing was very helpful.

When I boot my game, all the loading screens go by at 2 times or 3 times the speed they should. The opening movie has the same problem. As do all the in-game FMVs. The audio goes at a natural rate though.

In game, characters run about 1.5 times faster than I think they should and battles are about 1.5 times faster than I think they should be also.

The main thing I would like to solve is the FMV problem. I have the TureMotion 2.0 codec installed. I got it from their website (I can't find the link anymore).

I have the 1.02 patch installed and that is it.

I also tried installing the "movie player" off of the Install Disc, but the problem persisted.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

eyeRmonkey

Re: Super fast FMVs and slightly fast game play
« Reply #1 on: 2007-12-15 21:12:02 »
I got it working! All I had to do was change the compatibility mode (right click on ffvii.exe > properties > compatibility) to "use 256 colors" and everything magically started working!

Iaguna

« Reply #2 on: 2008-01-01 19:09:55 »
I have the same problem - The game runs at a super fast rate.
If I disable Direct 3D Acceleration it slows down somewhat - but it is still not running at the right speed, the audio in the FMVs is still a fair bit ahead.
I tried what the above member did but the problem persists. If anyone know how to fix this problem I will be extremely grateful.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008-01-01 23:35:35 »
Right click on FF7.exe > click the compatibility tab > check the box that says "run this program in compatibility mode for" > and select windows 98/me.

If it still doesn't work and you have dual processor, run ff7.exe then open up your task manager with ctrl+alt+del  and right click on ff7.exe and choose set affinity > then select either cpu 0 or cpu 1 but not both.  Try either or and check the results.

The Black-caped Man

• The time........has come........!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008-01-02 09:50:23 »
Obesebear told you the solution, I had that problem too.
its not magically, its technically^^
« Last Edit: 2008-01-02 09:53:03 by The Black-caped Man »

Iaguna

« Reply #5 on: 2008-01-02 10:10:08 »
I do not have a dual processor so I tried what else you said and the FMVs still run at faster rate, like the EIDOS logo screen is over in a second. However, after the long beginning intro the FMVs I've experienced aren't long enough to make the difference that noticeable and the actual game runs as normal.

Lethardicus

« Reply #6 on: 2008-04-07 04:38:30 »
i have this problem too.

2.77ghz, dual core. i tried the CPU thing, didnt work, tried the 256 color thing, changing the compatibility, etc. nothings worked...gahhh really annoying

nope

• nope
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008-04-07 07:41:43 »
It might just be your processor speed being too high, I'm sure there was an application posted on this board a while back that could slow your computer down, which fixed this problem, can't remember the name of it though.

Iaguna

« Reply #8 on: 2008-04-07 21:41:56 »
I just downloaded an program which can slow down your processor and the FMVs work perfectly now. I just have to set the program to eat up around 70% of my CPU (3 GHz) before I play.
The one I'm using is just a simple single executable file. I downloaded it here: http://www.geocities.com/kulhain/cpugrab.zip

Lethardicus

« Reply #9 on: 2008-04-09 18:04:50 »
lol agh, is there a way to FPS count this or something? but thanks for the reply, its helping a bit, now i just gotta adjust to make it perfect