Author Topic: Swapping models  (Read 4413 times)

Cloud1000

• View Profile
Swapping models
« on: 2009-07-21 08:54:45 »
Hi everyone. I have been searching around the forums alot lately but I havent found a guide that I understand about this.
So i have been trying for some time to swap my caith sith battle model with sephiroths battle model. But when I do that when in battle he just is lieing down. :S also tried with vincent - sephiroth same thing :S
What I want is to get Cloud (main character). Sephiroth and maybe Zack but sephiroth and zack should be visible in PHS zack replaces vincent.
And also how can I get Sephiroth in party but controllable like everyone else I been reading in Wallmarket at sephiroths character AI but I dont know where to begin.
Gjoerulvs hardcore mod beta. Sephiroth is controllable in the flashback and afterwards. But I have edited alot in wallmarket and I dont wanna do it all over again with his mod.

Has anyone done this?
Is there any a how to tutorial how I can achieve this?

Xelane

• View Profile
Re: Swapping models
« Reply #1 on: 2009-07-21 11:34:26 »
well i managed to swap vincent for sephiroth via looks and then just made him invincible by editing his armor

what you do is extract the battle.lpg, take the character you want to swap's files and then rename them to the character you wish to replace, from **aa to **cz (and da if that isnt included) and then place the new named files into the folder where you extracted all of your battle files to

then you just select the option "create new" click on your new file and then after click on the old battle file

Cloud1000

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009-07-22 01:12:18 »
what files would I need to replace to exchange vincent to sephiroth then I fix 2 of my problems one only way to have sephiroth in party is by using save editor and putting him in party. but If you put him in PHS his char gets changed to vincent and when you go battle he instantly dies and doesnt show.

So if i take all the neccessary battle files of sephiroth in battle and exchange them to vincents I can have sephiroth always in battle :)
But I have tried this and did not work for me. What files would I need to make the exchange?

Xelane

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009-07-22 02:11:00 »
well u cant have done the vincent event if you want to use sephy via save editor because they share something. so if you want to hack the real sephy in, dont find vincent in the mansion.

what you need is to take sephiroth's files (saaa-sada) and vincents files (sfaa-sfda)
and to change their menu icon (their faces in the menu screen) you would have to rename sephiroth's menu icon to vincent's. but i dont know which is which.

but i should warn you, that by doing this vincent will still appear on the field and have his same movements and lines, and in battle he will only look and move like sephiroth. for example, if he attacks, he will do so as the real sephiroth would, but it would be just like if you used a gun (long range and damage display)

how you can change it is make his masamune equipable for vincent. also his invincibility will be gone so to fix that you can alter one armor piece to nullify all damage.

for doing the battle changes you should use wallmarket (a program made by nfitc to change battle mechanics like armor and weapon stats, spell names, animation, and effects, etc)

andrewlus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010-06-07 03:35:19 »
well u cant have done the vincent event if you want to use sephy via save editor because they share something. so if you want to hack the real sephy in, dont find vincent in the mansion.

what you need is to take sephiroth's files (saaa-sada) and vincents files (sfaa-sfda)
and to change their menu icon (their faces in the menu screen) you would have to rename sephiroth's menu icon to vincent's. but i dont know which is which.

but i should warn you, that by doing this vincent will still appear on the field and have his same movements and lines, and in battle he will only look and move like sephiroth. for example, if he attacks, he will do so as the real sephiroth would, but it would be just like if you used a gun (long range and damage display)

how you can change it is make his masamune equipable for vincent. also his invincibility will be gone so to fix that you can alter one armor piece to nullify all damage.

for doing the battle changes you should use wallmarket (a program made by nfitc to change battle mechanics like armor and weapon stats, spell names, animation, and effects, etc)

Can the same be done for the field model of vincent by replacing vincents data with sephi's data in the char. file

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010-06-07 05:43:18 »

Can the same be done for the field model of vincent by replacing vincents data with sephi's data in the char. file
You can replace it but I haven't tried it with Sephiroth and Vincent yet. Wouldn't look right to see Vincent with a sword and I think you also have to change the animation stance of vincent in battle so that the stance will be the same as sephiroth. Oh how complicated it is.