Author Topic: FF7 create new fields  (Read 15798 times)

L@Zar0

• View Profile
Re: FF7 create new fields
« Reply #25 on: 2021-08-17 20:44:02 »
Excellent work with this new backgrounds, Shampignon!

It is not easy do new fields, although external images is not so limited as internal fields.
I assume they work only in FFNx.

Have you tought in adding animations? :)

Shampignon

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2021-08-19 12:26:27 »
Thank you again for your comments

For the moment, it's not downloadable. I'm still working on other fields, and there are so many modifications to be made in several files that it would be complicated to make them playable without making a complete mod. This should be possible in the future, but only on French versions (because I'm French). I would have to take all my changes to apply them to an English version, which would be a lot of work, so it won't be for tomorrow ...
Sorry... But maybe one day...

Kuraudo.

• SOLDIER
  • Maktub
    • View Profile
    • Behemoth Productions
« Reply #27 on: 2021-12-13 07:32:39 »
Hey Shampignon, in case you will have some new ideas, here I will link the topic about Midgar and what can offer, both as lore and locations, for example there are Sector 1 to 4 never visited and each Slum as per the last novel Trace of Two Pasts would have a different "Don", more info here:

https://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=20523.0

Shampignon

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2022-03-16 22:36:29 »
After a long time, I'm back with seven new fields for the Sector 8 of Midgar !

To see the render in game, with PNJ and Cloud, watch the video :

https://youtu.be/BBKdYHIFPfA

The complete pictures :

I hope you'll enjoy these ones ! More coming soon  ;)
« Last Edit: 2022-03-17 13:27:56 by Shampignon »

ibbanez

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2022-03-17 18:00:34 »
Wow, stunning.....

Friendly reminder: Rule 8 of posting etiquette: Be constructive with your criticism, if you like someones work then take the time to explain why rather than cluttering a thread with random words like "Nice" or "Cool". -Bonez
« Last Edit: 2022-03-18 11:02:33 by Bonez »

AuthenticM

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2022-03-23 05:35:51 »
Absolutely fantastic work, Shampignon! Keep it up. :)

Tsetra

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2022-03-25 00:28:03 »
Really liking these newest fields! Since I first played FF7 when it was released, I've always been disappointed that I could never explore the majority of such a massive city. It's understandable from a dev point of view I guess, but I always thought it would have been cool to just roam around and see how the Shinra workers up on the plate lived.

Kuraudo.

• SOLDIER
  • Maktub
    • View Profile
    • Behemoth Productions
« Reply #32 on: 2022-03-27 21:14:49 »
Fast-travel to Sector 1 to 4 coming? Ahah

Great indeed, unbelieavable amount of work

kurnis

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2022-04-19 03:05:22 »
I have a question...

I'm using 7th heaven and I have "Final fantasy VII HD Field Scenes - PNG files"  as well as "SYW V5 Field Textures" turned on, but I can't get them to work well together

I LOVE the HD Field scenes, but there are some scenes that aren't done at all, so I wanted to add SYW to supplement those scenes.

However, I seem to be able to only get one or the other, no matter how I order them in 7th Heaven

I'm sorry if this is off topic, but any help would be appreciated.  Thank  you!!!  (p.s. AMAZING work, these scenes are incredible and I really want to use them!!)

edit: nevermind, I changed from the PNG to the DDS (via 7th heaven) and now they work together!  Time to replay some ff7!  ty!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: 2022-04-19 03:16:24 by kurnis »

AuthenticM

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2022-11-01 14:54:51 »
Hey Champignon!

How's it going? Any updates? I hope you are doing well.

Shampignon

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2022-11-02 13:36:16 »
Hello !

Yes, I'm still working on new fields.

I completed a small extension for sector 7, but I haven't taken the time to make a video to share it. I'll do it soon, but for the moment, I'm working on a new cave : 17 screens created, and I haven't finished yet ! Then I will have to integrate them into the game (walkmesh, battles, enemies etc), so I won't be able to show the result for a while !

Thank you for your support

Kuraudo.

• SOLDIER
  • Maktub
    • View Profile
    • Behemoth Productions
« Reply #36 on: 2022-11-02 15:58:27 »
Wooow that is a lot Shampignon! Great news, keep updating us! Your work is brilliant honestly, bring so many new possibilities...

AuthenticM

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2022-11-02 19:05:21 »
Hello !

Yes, I'm still working on new fields.

I completed a small extension for sector 7, but I haven't taken the time to make a video to share it. I'll do it soon, but for the moment, I'm working on a new cave : 17 screens created, and I haven't finished yet ! Then I will have to integrate them into the game (walkmesh, battles, enemies etc), so I won't be able to show the result for a while !

Hell yeah. Glad to hear it.

Do you have a ko-fi account? Maybe some people would be up for sending some gil your way as a thank you.

Also, a thought: we now have a true widescreen mod, which is probably going to be the default way to play the game with mods going forward. I don't know if it's something that you need to consider when designing new fields, but I thought I'd mention it just in case. It would be such a shame if your work had some issues with the widescreen mod, as what you're making is of such a high quality.

In any case, cheers!
« Last Edit: 2022-11-02 19:09:48 by AuthenticM »

AuthenticM

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2022-11-02 19:08:52 »
dp, sorry.

Shampignon

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2022-11-03 13:56:50 »
Hell yeah. Glad to hear it.

Do you have a ko-fi account? Maybe some people would be up for sending some gil your way as a thank you.

No I don't have it, and I don't really know how I can. But it could be a good idea.

Also, a thought: we now have a true widescreen mod, which is probably going to be the default way to play the game with mods going forward. I don't know if it's something that you need to consider when designing new fields, but I thought I'd mention it just in case. It would be such a shame if your work had some issues with the widescreen mod, as what you're making is of such a high quality.

This is an excellent point, which I hadn't thought of because I haven't tested this mod yet. But as I use existing screens as a base, it should work. I'll have to watch this carefully.

Thank you again

Kuraudo.

• SOLDIER
  • Maktub
    • View Profile
    • Behemoth Productions
« Reply #40 on: 2022-11-05 08:13:12 »
Yes Shampignon, you should join Qhimm discord for more info and support. I'm curious where you will link the cave!

I second the message for donation link.
« Last Edit: 2022-11-05 13:10:39 by Kuraudo. »

Shampignon

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2022-12-31 00:07:57 »
Hello friends !

Surprise for the end of the year : nine new fields to give more prominence to Sector 7 of Midgar, and to add a subquest for Aerith when pillar is attacked !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_kiV2Eb4GA

I have to credit and thank Final FanTV for having published on You Tube some videos of FF7 remake with PS1 camera. These videos inspired me very much and a big part of these new screens have been created with pictures extracted from his videos.

Here the complete screens, without 3D models :

I hope you will enjoy these new screens !

I also have to say that I have finished to create the pictures for my new cave, which will finally include more than 20 screens ! Second step : Walkmesh and scripts, it's gonna take a while, and after : create new ennemis, it's going to be very complicated because I don't master this part at all for the moment !!

Salk

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2022-12-31 06:06:08 »
Thanks for the nice surprise, Shampignon!

The screenshots look good.

leatitia

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2022-12-31 12:30:13 »
wow, will this be released?

Shampignon

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2022-12-31 15:37:01 »
Yes, the goal of all of this is to release a mod, but on the french version... It will be a lot of work to make an english version, but as I always say : maybe one day  ;)

AuthenticM

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2023-01-02 22:27:34 »
Thank you for your hard work, Shampignon! It's super appreciated.

What's next? Have you decided?

Also, if you want to create a ko-fi account, here's a link to the website:
https://ko-fi.com/
« Last Edit: 2023-01-02 22:33:35 by AuthenticM »

Shampignon

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2023-01-03 12:19:54 »
Thank you AuthenticM, and I will check your link for ko-fi account.

What's next ? As I already said in previous posts, I'm currently working on a complete cave, which will include more than 20 screens ! In my opinion, some of them are incredible, I hope you all will like them !

markul

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2023-07-07 09:18:34 »
Hi! How is the project going? anything to show for curious people? ::)

Kuraudo.

• SOLDIER
  • Maktub
    • View Profile
    • Behemoth Productions
« Reply #48 on: 2023-07-20 17:49:17 »
Any sneak peek Shampignon?

Shampignon

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2024-02-04 19:28:45 »
Hello friends !

Finally some news about the project ! As I have talked about it a number of times in previous publications, I decided to go big this time with a complete optional dungeon ! 22 new screens for what I called The Mysterious Cave.
In the video below, you will find extracts from each screen, as well as some new enemies, but I tried not to reveal too much about the progress and purpose of this new sub-quest, which will appear in a mod that I still plan to publish one day in french version, and I hope in english version later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7qxLRwCQ6Y

I'll also provide you with some images of the out-of-game screens, for your viewing pleasure.

I hope you'll enjoy these screens !

And finally, as usual, I inform you that I don't plan to stop there, and that I'm currently working on additional screens and a quest for Wutaï, so stay tuned !