Author Topic: gjoerulv's hardcore mod guides? FF VII  (Read 91586 times)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: gjoerulv's hardcore mod guides? FF VII
« Reply #100 on: 2013-12-23 10:23:57 »
Oh, those guys. Yeah, they're tricky because it's such an unusual fight. Throwing in four of 'em after only fighting one of each was a hell of a mean trick. Don't want to spoil anything, but I'll say that it's best to go in with an odd number of HP; that way a party member can take three of their %-based hits instead of just two.

JonJon412

• ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2013-12-24 18:55:29 »
Oh, those guys. Yeah, they're tricky because it's such an unusual fight. Throwing in four of 'em after only fighting one of each was a hell of a mean trick. Don't want to spoil anything, but I'll say that it's best to go in with an odd number of HP; that way a party member can take three of their %-based hits instead of just two.

It wasn't easy, it took me like 10 tries but i got them down, the trick was to hit the golden dgos with Demaga right after the butterfly drains them for HP. When the first Butterfly appeared I used tons of Hero Drinks and my physical attacks were over 10K! Imagine how hard I hit them with Quadra Cut :D

What used to kill me was that I beat the butterflies first then when they did dual Golden Rainbow or whatever it was called it hit me for for over 15K twice which meant death.

I got the Black Chocobo and went to Corel and fought the flower monster, but he was easy, I beat him on the first try without any problems, maybe I got lucky or something but he never did something major besides Roulette.

I have to feed him and catch the Wonderful one, I'm gonna take a break for a few and see how you dealt with those 2 bosses.

JonJon412

• ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2013-12-25 00:08:32 »
I have no idea how to beat this bastard right now, he has like 20 turns per minute and even if you give him status change he will heal himself anyways.

The only thing I could do was stop him and the Chrono Trigger attack would stop, everything else just happens out of nowhere, I even cast Reflect on him and nothing rebounds.

Demaga heals him, physical attacks barely do something......

I'm gonna come up with strategies, I got nothing atm though and I refuse to watch how others beat him. :x :x :x :x

JonJon412

• ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2013-12-26 01:46:16 »
I don't mean to bitch and moan, but I kill this bastard over 4 times and he just keep resurrecting himself, what the hell I spent over 2 hours killing him and that ybadawatchamacall it also kills in an instant.

5th time I killed him he did it and WHAM! I'm death even though I have over 20k and I've hit him with everything.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2013-12-26 02:46:20 »
Some minor spoilers in this post but I think this is info you should definitely know about.

Ysbaddaden, like Dragoon, has a chance to inflict Instant Death so bring protection for that or the Death Force spell if you can maintain it. So long as you keep killing his forms, you will win the fight eventually. However, you'll need to quickly kill him on his last phase because he'll start removing people from the fight altogether. This can immediately make it difficult/impossible to win if you have one character set up as damage dealer and they're the first to go. Consider this fair warning; it'd suck to spend another 2+ hours on an attempt just to walk blind into that. The second you see Final Death on the screen, go all out and hope for the best.

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #105 on: 2013-12-26 04:26:15 »
I find 4x attack with the missing score with plenty of mastered materias the way to go on this one. Eventually a Conformer. Clouds ultimate weapons works good too if you manage too keep his hp up. You could even try Tifaon low hp + death sentence + powersoul.

Ribbons is good to have in this fight. Don't bother with dragon force, but hero drinks on DD is good. Kill it fast every time.

JonJon412

• ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2013-12-27 01:34:01 »
Thanks for the tip guys, I gotta show you something that has happened to me lots of times and it just screwed me out of a possible victory against that bastard:

It happens when he does the attack that simulates Cid's Hyper Jump, just before the blast the game freezes and I'm screwed.......anything that can fix it?

JonJon412

• ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2013-12-28 02:13:57 »
I almost had him and that same stupid ******* error pop up and froze my damn game!!!!!!!  :x :x :x :x

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0MKLnTqjLM

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #108 on: 2013-12-28 03:30:19 »
There's a bug that causes the game to crash when using Hyper Jump. I don't remember what mod is associated with the fix, so perhaps you can post it in the Troubleshooting section and someone may be able to point you to the fix.

JonJon412

• ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2013-12-28 04:00:33 »
There's a bug that causes the game to crash when using Hyper Jump. I don't remember what mod is associated with the fix, so perhaps you can post it in the Troubleshooting section and someone may be able to point you to the fix.

Thanks, I'll give it a shot.

JonJon412

• ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2013-12-30 00:00:26 »
I gave it many shots. All of them got crashed due to the Modron attack that Ma Bino Gi On uses no matter how far I got, almost got him beat.

Posted on the TS area but nothing, I'm not wasting my time anymore till I fix this.

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #111 on: 2013-12-30 00:34:10 »
Ahh... That's a thing I've been meaning to change actually, but forgotten. I'll change the animation for that one as it too prone to crash the game. Don't know why I choose that animation. I knew it was buggy.

JonJon412

• ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2014-01-01 19:03:13 »
The battle square has problems.  When I fight the supposed to be "Gigas" enemy, eventually the character's turn bar stops and he stands away from the enemy.

He does nothing, one time I even got blue glow on the character, there is nothing I can do but leave the battle, it has happened every time I fight this enemy.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2014-01-01 22:27:09 »
I think that's the Manipulate status effect. One of his Enfeeble moves (he has two variants, the other dispels buffs) inflicts this status. Only way to get rid of it is for someone to attack the affected character but that can't happen in Battle Square because there's only one character on the field (unless there's another way). Best thing is to equip a Ribbon, that should nullify Manipulate but it'll leave you without Barriers, etc. as well.

JonJon412

• ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2014-01-01 23:26:49 »
I think that's the Manipulate status effect. One of his Enfeeble moves (he has two variants, the other dispels buffs) inflicts this status. Only way to get rid of it is for someone to attack the affected character but that can't happen in Battle Square because there's only one character on the field (unless there's another way). Best thing is to equip a Ribbon, that should nullify Manipulate but it'll leave you without Barriers, etc. as well.

Sega Chief!

I spend 4 hours getting the Double Summon materia!

It if wasn't the damn bird casting L2 Confu on Barret(which was lvl 82) or the damn Pyramids OV HELL who chanted some weird incantation and killed my character outta nowhere, or the damn Ghost Ship putting my character out of battle, or the damn turtle who has incredible defense/magic defense which made me run away since it took a lot of time to get it down or the Gigas bastard that I mentioned earlier.....I would have been done quickly with this.

What hell, the Special Battle isn't so difficult, but the Proud Clod had a lot of HP and though none of the enemies were a problem, getting the HP cut in the slots were.

I had equipped on Cloud:

Ultima Weapon.
Omnislash.
Mystile.
Ribbon.

Materia on Ultima Weapon:

6 HP Plus.
1 Counter Attack.
1 Comet.

Materia on Mystile:

1 Long Range.
1 Enemy Skills.
1 Double Attack.
1 Double Item.
Added Effect + Destruct.

I just took a whole lot of Hero Drinks and 4x Slashed till the cows come home  :-D

Still man it all took me 5 hours, since every time I kept cutting my HP in the slots for the special battle and I kept dying :(

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2014-01-02 00:21:21 »
The slots are what make Battle Square nightmarish in this mod, I came a cropper quite a few times in the Special Battle because of Materia breaks or HP reductions. But that's one of the toughest parts of the mod out of the way, congrats! You're on the home straight now, I'd say. But the toughest fights of all are coming up, better get ready.

JonJon412

• ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2014-01-02 02:00:10 »
The slots are what make Battle Square nightmarish in this mod, I came a cropper quite a few times in the Special Battle because of Materia breaks or HP reductions. But that's one of the toughest parts of the mod out of the way, congrats! You're on the home straight now, I'd say. But the toughest fights of all are coming up, better get ready.

Thanks bud today I've been gaming it for over 8 hours, also...

Ma Bino Gi On is dead >:(

I had a dim light of hope when I saw that you can transform him and give him status effects and cancel his healing with Vaccine, but it took me 2 turns which was risky, cause in 1 turn I could do Frog Song and in the other Vaccine.

The problem was sometimes when I did hit him with Frog Song, before I could apply the vaccine with another character, he would do Culhmw and restore himself back to normal, and when the other character did hit him with Vaccine, he couldn't be transformed into frog until he died again.

Another problem was that whenever he resurrected, he would come as a frog and I would apply Vaccine even before he resurrected, problem was even when I did that, in his later stages he would do Culhmw asap he resurrecs and he would be stuck as his normal self yet again because I already chose to use Vaccine on him.

And the last problem was that sometimes I was so scared he did Culhmw before I had a chance to apply Vaccine, I would do Frog Song over him thinking he's going to heal himself, but end up turning him back to his old self and yet again stuck him in his natural form.

Then I thought of something:

"What if I could turn him into a frog and seal him with Vaccine in the same turn?"

So I went to Gonganga and bought Impalers which turns your enemies into frogs and save a bunch of Vaccines.

I entered the 1st stage with Cloud and Cid with their limits breaks, I hit him with both ASAP and I get to skip the 1st phase, so I don't have to worry about his Stop status on my characters.

ASAP he dies, I choose the character who has Double Item materia, I apply Impaler and Vaccine. The great thing about Impaler? Even when he resurrects as a frog and I apply the item, Impaler misses and doesn't change him back to his normal self like Frog Song did. I hit him with Missing Score 4x with counters and every time I kill him I have my character who has the Double Item materia ready to apply the same dose again and again when needed.

He can't cast Chrono Trigger, Dirge, Ehrgeiz, Vagrant and Final Death.

I killed him over 7 times and in the last stage, all he does is trying to cast Final Death without success, over and over and over again.

Took me like an hour, but it was worth it ;)

EDIT: BTW I saw the video now Sega Chief, how do you manage to get Barret to Counter with 5 attacks? Is it 5 Master Counter Attack Materias you had on him or was it another way?
« Last Edit: 2014-01-02 02:07:56 by JonJon412 »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2014-01-02 18:08:11 »
Must've been five counter attack Materia, I don't think the fifth one was mastered though so it might not have triggered every time. For the Ma Bino fight I only used Resist because I never imagined in a million years that he'd be vulnerable to statuses like Frog. But that's you got KOTR now, which may or may not come in handy. It'll be useful if your Omnislash isn't hitting for more than 10,000 damage per hit. It was definitely useful for me because

One thing to say is that there's a save point now between the Bizarro and Jenova Synthesis fight which is very useful. You'll still have to take out Bizarro in order to reach Safer but it's better than going down through Jenova and the cutscenes again for each attempt. But then you still have the Weapons to go, I think (they're easier than the final bosses so I'd recommend gunning for them first; you'll also get Coin Materia (and some others) for killing Emerald which is very handy as it can hit for 30,000 damage, can be mimed, and ignores defence).

And then there's that other superboss too.

JonJon412

• ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2014-01-03 03:36:51 »
Must've been five counter attack Materia, I don't think the fifth one was mastered though so it might not have triggered every time. For the Ma Bino fight I only used Resist because I never imagined in a million years that he'd be vulnerable to statuses like Frog. But that's you got KOTR now, which may or may not come in handy. It'll be useful if your Omnislash isn't hitting for more than 10,000 damage per hit. It was definitely useful for me because

One thing to say is that there's a save point now between the Bizarro and Jenova Synthesis fight which is very useful. You'll still have to take out Bizarro in order to reach Safer but it's better than going down through Jenova and the cutscenes again for each attempt. But then you still have the Weapons to go, I think (they're easier than the final bosses so I'd recommend gunning for them first; you'll also get Coin Materia (and some others) for killing Emerald which is very handy as it can hit for 30,000 damage, can be mimed, and ignores defence).

Oh yes, but to be honest I don't know what I should do next, maybe I'll give the weapons a chance before I go into the Crater again, last time I fought Ruby I did nothing to it, NOTHING :(

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #119 on: 2014-01-03 07:06:26 »

Yeeeeeah, have fun on that one  ;)

blaight

• You have a great forum here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 2014-01-03 08:55:06 »
I've encountered a small bug. I recently installed EQ2Alyza's ModPackage and used this

Steam Version
her torrent package
her preset
her general walktrough

Everything works just fine.

But following bug occured several times:
In Shinra 64, where you have to piece the city together, you have to fight random enemies. When I had to fight three enemies together (two of the snake-like things and one robot with a hammer) I killed the robot first. Afterwards my chracters didn't attack and the "snakes" didnt as well. Also those 3 enemies guarding the keycard for 65 where really hard. How the dirty hell am I supposed to get those?!

JonJon412

• ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 2014-01-03 19:53:29 »
Yeeeeeah, have fun on that one  ;)

You seem awfully certain I'm gonna have a hard time with that boss..... :?

I've encountered a small bug. I recently installed EQ2Alyza's ModPackage and used this

Steam Version
her torrent package
her preset
her general walktrough

Everything works just fine.

But following bug occured several times:
In Shinra 64, where you have to piece the city together, you have to fight random enemies. When I had to fight three enemies together (two of the snake-like things and one robot with a hammer) I killed the robot first. Afterwards my chracters didn't attack and the "snakes" didnt as well. Also those 3 enemies guarding the keycard for 65 where really hard. How the dirty hell am I supposed to get those?!

Can't help ya with the bug but....I can give you a big piece of advice for the 3 soldiers though I'm not sure you would want it spoiled.  8)
« Last Edit: 2014-01-03 21:28:07 by JonJon412 »

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #122 on: 2014-01-04 06:29:52 »
@blaight
That bug is supposed to be fixed. Do you know what version of the mod you use?

blaight

• You have a great forum here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 2014-01-04 10:10:58 »
Tifa's package (torrent download) seems to include 1.0.5 and 1.0.6, don't know which one was installed with the routine. I circumvented that problem by cheating.  :-\

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #124 on: 2014-01-04 17:56:50 »
That bug was fixed in 1.0.6. You may be using 1.0.5?