Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods and Modding Framework-The Reunion [R06f]  (Read 3040765 times)

tom servo

• View Profile
Where do you put Satsuki's upscaled textures? Are they supposed to be unpacked, or in iro format?

Its supposed to be unpacked. I got a bunch of texture mods mixed in and a movie upscale mod working in the custom folder. Also running it with reshade. The interpolated animations are a breath of fresh air and im enjoying the mod so far.

urgdfriend

• View Profile
Hello, I have really enjoyed Reunion in the past. Linking a video to a something that I don't know is a known issue or an oddity that is affecting my setup, I'm really happy for the audio.dll recode as previously when I played reunion I got super stuck at corel from an audio file not loading issue that to this day I have no idea how to get past but that's not really here nor there anymore, Anyway, The link to the video is https://youtu.be/ITvzg_Yfm0c , Spec's and changed options are in the description. Hopefully it's something I messed up and is just a buggy thing with my computer setup.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Fixed my audio issue by setting Load_SFX_To_Memory = n in the options.

SFX were cut out (the sound when you load a save file, the sound a save point makes when you touch it) or didn't play (most likely cut as soon as they start I guess? ) like the ones I mentionned before.
Setting that line to n fixed every sound.

Again that could be from my own system setup, no "weird" hardware or setup here but since I seem to be the only one with the issue... ;)

I had an audio issue when using the elevator to get to the observatory in Cosmo Canyon; I tried different settings but it seems to be persist. In default, the music behaviour is you talk to Bugenhagen and he flips a lever; the music then fades out and the elevator SFX plays just as it hits silence: https://youtu.be/tZCJhwWGJo4?t=944

What's instead happening is: the music cuts off, a small distorted clip of the BGM plays and the elevator comes in at the wrong volume, increases in volume, then goes to normal volume. Another small clip of BGM audio then plays at the end.

Hi! I found a minor-ish bug I think. Red XIII's weapon Silver Barrette (the one bought in Cosmo Canyon) seems to make all of his normal attacks miss. Limit breaks and such still hit. I've had him in my active party since I recruited him and have used all his weapons so far -- this is the only one up to this point that does it. The Seraph Comb you obtain after completing the Gi Caverns area once again allows his attacks to land. I'm not sure where to add the log files. The "attachments and other options" section doesn't actually have the ability to attach files -- I suspect because I'm still a new user. I hope I'm posting this in the right place.

I checked Silver Barette and it has the 'Miss if not dead' flag ticked, which is typically used for KO-restoring items like Phoenix Down. I'll change it and send it to Dan over discord.

I've found another oddity - Vanilla field models aren't in sync with the background when the screen pans for any reason. I'm at resolution 1280x960 in windowed mode.

That seems to be across the board. On screens where there is panning, it's slightly off and can leave characters looking like they're floating slightly.

Where do you put Satsuki's upscaled textures? Are they supposed to be unpacked, or in iro format?

DLPB: Many thanks for this, just started tinkering with it, have never used Reunion before, can't wait to do a playthrough with this! The amount of time you've put into this is staggering! You mentioned something about scanlines, preferably with Reshade, you wouldn't happen to have nice preset to share?

Oh, and one last thing, is it possible to boot straight into the game with going through the "Steam Menu" it's not very couch friendly. I know this has nothing to do with Reunion, it's steam thing, just wondering if it's possible :)

Edit1: Managed to get scanlines working by editing psx.post and enabling #define USE_SCANLINES               1
Edit2: Managed to get satsuki's textures working as well! I extracted the iro files to png files and put them all in E:\Spel\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\The_Reunion\GLOBAL\Texture\
In separate folders, battle, char, field etc.

If only I could launch FF7 directly now, instead of going through the Menu, it would be perfect! Many thanks for this!
With the new models, textures and scanlines, it really looks amazing! I so far I really dig the new translation!

Thanks!

Got a post here about the layout for field textures:
I think it needs to go in a specific file structure. So in either Global, Custom, or Base (I went with Global for example but should be same in all 3 cases):

So:
The_Reunion\GLOBAL\Texture\Field\

And then subfolders for each field with the background files in those subfolders. 'games' there is the name of a gold saucer field.

Mabinog

• View Profile
I just had my first crash with R06. I was in the basement of Seventh Heaven at the beginning of the game, and the game crashed to the steam launcher while I was walking around. I can't find the crash.dmp file anywhere though. I'm pretty sure I wasn't holding start+select by accident either.

e2zippo

• View Profile
Just had a weird audio issue in Aeris house in the beginning of the game. When the flashback starts for Cloud and the text is on screen the sound is messed up, really loud weird noises.
After the flashback is done and I run out of the house the music ramps up in volume and then normalizes.

Tried recording it, but the sounds never made it to the video though.

Below is audio.log with log level set to 5.

Code: [Select]
0.SetVolume [Channel 0, Volume 127]
165.SetVolumeTransition [Channel 0, TargetVolume 0, Time 1000ms]
229.StopSound [Channel 0]
230.StopSound [Channel 0]
230.StopSound [Channels 1 to 4]
230.StopSound [Channels 20 to 24]
230.SetVolume [Channel 0, Volume 127]
230.SetVolume [Channels 1 to 4, Volume 127]
230.SetTempo [Channel 0, Tempo 0]
230.SetTempo [Channels 1 to 4, Tempo 0]
230.SetBalance [Channels 1 to 4, Balance 64]
231.SetVolume [Channel 5, Volume 127]
261.SetMemoryEffect [Channel 9, Balance 64, Effect: 1]
315.SetMemoryEffect [Channel 9, Balance 64, Effect: 2]
372.SetMemoryEffect [Channel 9, Balance 64, Effect: 1]
383.SetMemoryEffect [Channel 9, Balance 64, Effect: 208]
404.SetMusic [Channel 0, 037 Flowers Blooming in the Church.ogg]
404.SetLoop [LoopStart 0]
404.SetVolume [Channel 0, Volume 127]
404.SetVolume [Channel 1, Volume 127]
404.SetVolume [Channel 2, Volume 127]
404.SetVolume [Channel 3, Volume 127]
404.SetVolume [Channel 4, Volume 127]
807.SetMemoryEffect [Channel 1, Balance 63, Effect: 122]
1177.SetMemoryEffect [Channel 1, Balance 63, Effect: 490]
1276.SetMemoryEffect [Channel 1, Balance 63, Effect: 360]
2520.SetMemoryEffect [Channel 9, Balance 64, Effect: 1]
5308.SetVolumeFromTo [Channel 0, StartVolume 127, EndVolume 63, Time 1500ms]
6524.SetVolumeFromTo [Channel 0, StartVolume 63, EndVolume 127, Time 1500ms]
7412.SetVolume [Channel 0, Volume 127]
7412.SetVolume [Channel 1, Volume 127]
7412.SetVolume [Channel 2, Volume 127]
7412.SetVolume [Channel 3, Volume 127]
7412.SetVolume [Channel 4, Volume 127]
170262.SetMusic [Channel 0, 031 Under the Rotten Pizza.ogg]
170262.SetLoop [LoopStart 404180]

Here's youtube video, although the weird sounds somehow never made it into the video.

https://youtu.be/EtK8M7hIvEc
Thanks!

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Sounds like the observatory thing I had. I'm going to check the field script for both and see what opcodes are common to those scenes.

the_randomizer85

• View Profile
Working great so far, but one thing I do wonder is, is there any way to filter those backgrounds? The original PSX backgrounds look pretty bad in full screen.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Working great so far, but one thing I do wonder is, is there any way to filter those backgrounds? The original PSX backgrounds look pretty bad in full screen.

I think someone in this thread mentioned using a CRT filter, which I imagine is applied as a post-processing file. Perhaps they can point you in the right direction? I looked about but couldn't find concrete stuff except for this (first link is dead, 2nd is alive): https://steamcommunity.com/app/39140/discussions/0/152393186500642113/

As for the audio, both scenes use this instruction:

Cloud's Mom's House (flashback scene when Cloud is sleeping in Aeris' house):
AKAO Fade music volume (param1=90, param2=127, param3=63, param4=0, param5=0)

Issue: When screen is black, this is first thing to get executed - music cuts immediately instead of fades, clips of song will pop through unexpectedly during silence, leaves audio muted (both bgm and sfx) until you leave Aeris' house where BGM will fade in erratically.

Bugenhagen Observatory
AKAO Fade music volume (param1=255, param2=85, param3=0, param4=0, param5=0)

Issue: After pressing switch, this is called; music cuts and will pop in and out, elevator SFX is also off. Corrects in time for the next scene.
« Last Edit: 2019-11-22 18:01:34 by Sega Chief »

Taroven

• View Profile

Another idea would be Remako or another upscale mod. Download, unpack the IROs with IroNite, copy the battle/char/field/minigames/world directories to The_Reunion/GLOBAL (backup the world directory in there first if you like), and you're set. For me the Remako movies didn't have sound, so make sure you backup first if you want those as well.

I had the audio issue was well, both when trying to ditch Aeris and entering the first elevator in the Shinra building. Fixed itself when the music came back in both cases. Also, the helicopter sound from just before entering the Shinra building continued until I picked up the elixir on the stairwell.

Seriously DLPB, great work. R06 is fantastic so far.

TheGamingGenius

• View Profile
The menus are slow as shit. Make them faster.

kalathi

• View Profile
Hello. I'm at a bit of a loss here -- I reached Rocket Town and spoke to Cid at the rocket, headed back to his house, where Palmer shows up and Cid heads outside. When I follow him, the screen goes black and the next scene just doesn't load. I tried toggling on / off pretty much every setting and nothing works. It seems I simply can't get past this point in the game, and I dunno if it's something on my end or a problem with the mod. I can't attach files but I saw someone above use the code feature so I'll try pasting the contents of the log from my most recent attempt in there.

The_reunion.log

https://pastebin.com/cz874mJg

app.log

https://pastebin.com/EcdDeyDT

audio.log

https://pastebin.com/Kuit0dzM
« Last Edit: 2019-11-22 21:03:36 by kalathi »

e2zippo

• View Profile

So what you want to do is download satsuki's upscaled backgrounds from here: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=19204.0

Unpack the .iro files with the tool that he mentions in the thread, so that you get a bunch of .png files in different folders.
After that, move all those files to E:\Spel\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\The_Reunion\CUSTOM\satsuki
Not the movies though, they go under E:\Spel\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\data\movies, just replace the ones that are already there.

And then in options.ini, put this under CUSTOM

[CUSTOM]
Mod_ID = satsuki

Folder path should look like this: https://imgur.com/a/kMJLVP0
If you want scanlines, go to Reunion folder, then program_files, edit psx.post and under MISC put a 1 at #define USE_SCANLINES .

Game should look miles better now!

Let me know if you can't get it working.
« Last Edit: 2019-11-22 20:14:27 by e2zippo »

kalathi

• View Profile
-snip-

Won't let me post the entirety of the app.log. Sorry...
« Last Edit: 2019-11-22 20:10:03 by kalathi »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
-snip-

Won't let me post the entirety of the app.log. Sorry...

Put it in pastebin and post the link, that's a better way of doing it.

kalathi

• View Profile
Put it in pastebin and post the link, that's a better way of doing it.

Thanks! That worked great. I updated my original post with pastebin links.

Mabinog

• View Profile
This is strange. Now my copy of FF7 won't start at all after the crash. I think I might have to wait until the issues with Steam are ironed out before starting my playthrough.

Squall_Strife

• View Profile
I just wanted to tell you thank you for your hard work I have been waiting awhile for this mod. I am using the vanilla Steam version and I having none of the problems listed above I can share my logs with you if you need and will help anyway I can. Remember guys read the Doc the front page and/or watch the video before launching a complaint it saves time and energy. I see this kind of issue on the nexus all the time and its because they didn't read the description of the mod or the boards before posting. With that said I look forward to watching this grow. Good luck mate!

ZombieBisque

• View Profile
Ran into an issue today during a cutscene which ended up locking my game - on the 68th floor of the Shinra building when you ride the elevator up into the specimen room and confront Hojo, there's a part where Barret runs forward but gets stuck on a fence or railing, and just runs in place forever without continuing the scene.  I had this happen too in the Honeybee Manor when going to the "Group Hive" - one of the guys got stuck on the bed and the scene never continued playing.  I was able to avoid that by going to the other room in the manor but I can't get past this scene in the laboratory.
Spoiler: show

kalathi

• View Profile
Hello. I'm at a bit of a loss here -- I reached Rocket Town and spoke to Cid at the rocket, headed back to his house, where Palmer shows up and Cid heads outside. When I follow him, the screen goes black and the next scene just doesn't load. I tried toggling on / off pretty much every setting and nothing works. It seems I simply can't get past this point in the game, and I dunno if it's something on my end or a problem with the mod. I can't attach files but I saw someone above use the code feature so I'll try pasting the contents of the log from my most recent attempt in there.

The_reunion.log

https://pastebin.com/cz874mJg

app.log

https://pastebin.com/EcdDeyDT

audio.log

https://pastebin.com/Kuit0dzM

Update to this one: I disabled the New Translation in options.ini and I was finally able to progress. I looked at the app.log after most attempts before this one and it always seemed to stop at "TRACE: open EEEF.P (LGP:char)" so perhaps there's an issue with that file. I kept the save just before that scene so tomorrow I may try a fresh reunion install (in case of an error during installation) and see if I run into it again.

e2zippo

• View Profile
Another report, in the beginning of the game, just before the pillar crashes down, when I got to the top of the pillar and try talking to Barret, Tifa starts running and gets stuck, no way to progress.

I'll see if I can recreate it, and post some logs.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
Update to this one: I disabled the New Translation in options.ini and I was finally able to progress. I looked at the app.log after most attempts before this one and it always seemed to stop at "TRACE: open EEEF.P (LGP:char)" so perhaps there's an issue with that file. I kept the save just before that scene so tomorrow I may try a fresh reunion install (in case of an error during installation) and see if I run into it again.

I look into it tonight. But it's strange that it shows up when the new translation is active. Is there something new in the field scene?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
It won't be the models doing it - that's just the last instruction. 

Unfortunately, as crash.dmp doesn't appear to be working,there's no real way to trace the root cause at moment. But please supply (you'll need to place files in a zip file and upload to a site, such as Google Drive):

0. Check The Reunion Database - Especially Reunion Bugs tab. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DUjmyW94zcYoX7gIW5yAT4giTPeNmCR4TCaHAiXOLlU
1. An explanation of bug
2. Does the bug happen at same point more than once?
3. App.log
4. Reunion.log
5. And your save file from just before the crash or hang

whenever you make a bug report.  Copy the above template.

For any weird audio issues, please go into options.ini and set this: Load_SFX_To_Memory = n

For any weird crashes that happen - please try to add the following line to options.ini and see if the crash goes away:

[FIXES]
test = y

Do not add that line if you have not experienced any hard crash.
« Last Edit: 2019-11-23 13:59:22 by DLPB »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Also,don't use the scanlines option in psx.post.  It's not very good.

Use ReShade and configure to taste:
https://reshade.me/

I am going to ask the author if I can distribute it in future.

Additionally, please don't use the converter unless using SquareEnix version.  It's not a good idea - the underlying issue needs to be solved and will be by tomorrow.
« Last Edit: 2019-11-23 14:05:33 by DLPB »

kalathi

• View Profile
Hello! I've uploaded a .zip archive with the files you've asked for. Let me know if I did anything wrong because I've never uploaded and shared a file with Google Drive before!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1yVoo1pYTvnpjfGYR1nol_aSGexX8BjNg

I hope this is helpful.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Thanks Kalathi.  That is indeed helpful.  If I replicate, it will be added to Reunion Database and when I sober up later after my weekly piss up, you'll be provided hot fix.  :)