Author Topic: Texture mapping problem  (Read 2444 times)

cloudiar

• View Profile
Texture mapping problem
« on: 2020-08-30 22:23:32 »
Hi all  ;)

I am trying to create triple triad in ff7, but I have a major problem, making the cards differ from the opponent's (color)

Is there a way to paint only a piece of the model?

I have tried chunk card without texture, but any filter or palette change affects everything.

Maybe solution can be done using the "change state eyes" module, and put here if the card is yours or the opponent's

The problem is that it does not work, it does not show the other texture, it only shows the original texture, the card does not have "bones", it is only a simple 3d model, unique texture.

Any ideas?

Some help or documentation would be great. Thanks  :)
« Last Edit: 2020-08-30 22:25:50 by cloudiar »

Kuraudo.

• SOLDIER
  • Maktub
    • View Profile
    • Behemoth Productions
Re: Texture mapping problem
« Reply #1 on: 2020-09-09 21:35:39 »
Hi, try to pop up into Discord channel maybe you might find some help https://discord.com/invite/fyE2Vk2

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2020-09-10 12:08:17 »
You can paint the vertex color. Though, this is pretty risky, because it can effect the uv coords and deform the look of the texture. That's however only true when the texture is directly applied to the mesh and doesn't have its own.
Why not coloring it through the field script like the chocobos?

cloudiar

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2020-09-19 15:35:41 »
Thanks,  the colour filter only affect all card (maybe use this for states), the solution its add alternative colour in back card!

Have other problem, for add bonus +1 or -1, in this case can add the atribute in game with window, but need 9 windows for this case...really hard question :(