Author Topic: [PSX/PC] Scarlet - Battle Data Editor (kernel.bin, scene.bin, EXE)  (Read 61 times)

petfriendamy

• View Profile

Download here:
https://github.com/petfriendamy/ff7-scarlet/releases

This is the big project I've been working on on-and-off for the past couple years, finally in a (mostly) usable state!

Scarlet is a combination kernel/scene editor that allows you to edit both of these files at once and keep them perfectly in-sync. It also incorporates my old FF7.exe editor, which will now also be properly synced with kernel.bin. It can also modify limit breaks now!

The crowning jewel in my opinion is the A.I. editor. I wanted to incorporate a GUI-based editor similar to Makou Reactor, so you can view and edit scripts in a much more intuitive manner.

Of course I cannot test every single scenario, so there is a chance of data loss/corruption when using this tool! Please use with caution. I recommend backing up your files before editing them. There are also some things that Scarlet currently can't edit, which will be coming as soon as I figure out how to handle them.

Huge shoutout to all of the modders who have put so much work into reverse engineering the game, and for everyone who helped me code this monstrosity. This project wouldn't be possible without you!

Happy modding!

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
I willl want to see this in action.