Author Topic: First high resolution in-game screenshots of Final Fantasy X & X-2 HD  (Read 23913 times)

cloud1414

• Anthony Pierce
    • View Profile
    • The Legend Of Twilight
Square Enix has confirmed that Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy X-2 are coming to PlayStation 3 and Vita remastered in HD. Final Fantasy X HD is the remake of the first Final Fantasy game on the Playstation 2. It is the first FF game to use voice acting and a massive leap in the cinematic approach to storytelling. Final Fantasy X-2 was released in 2003 for Sony’s PlayStation 2. Here are the first in-game screenshots of the remake.

http://www.psmania.net/2013/03/first-high-res-in-game-screenshots-of-final-fantasy-x-x-2-hd/

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
FFX looks good with some help. I ripped my disc and play using PCSX2 at 6x internal resolution. The only shortcomings are the hands of the models and the fact that they sometimes used static 2d background textures.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
It isn't a remake... not at all.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
Yeah, this is a remaster, not a remake. Not that I have a problem with that; it's a decent game, and frankly not in need of a remake; some minor cosmetic fixes (AND POSSIBLY A NEW DUB, BUT LET'S FACE IT, PROBABLY NOT) will be plenty.

cloud1414

• Anthony Pierce
    • View Profile
    • The Legend Of Twilight
I only posted what was on the article. I know its not a remake.
Off screen recording of the trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58OQuuSRdMY
« Last Edit: 2013-03-24 06:20:50 by cloud1414 »

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Last Edit: 2013-03-24 07:47:39 by LeonhartGR »

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
^Yes, I also believe if you have a decent GPU, PCSX2 at max settings looks better than this remaster. This Version probably has better movies though.
« Last Edit: 2013-03-24 16:11:36 by [CleverNameHere] »

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
Meh, just rendering at high resolution, no updated textures, they've maybe upscaled the interface stuff but that'll be their limit of effort.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
^Yes, I also believe if you have a decent GPU, PCSX2 at max settings looks better than this remaster. This Version probably has better movies though.

Knowin' how Squenix operate, it will probably be same resolution, just better codec (original was mpeg2).  :P  Not that the originals look bad.  Far from it.  So they might just leave them.

BlitzNCS

• Master of nothing in particular
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
Why the pessimism for pessimism's sake? The remaster is obviously a world apart from the original visually.

Not only are there clearly new textures in there, looks like they've upped some poly counts too.
Seems like they've changed things like lighting and shading as well. Not as half assed as some might say then, as it turns out.
« Last Edit: 2013-03-24 20:18:52 by BlitzNCS »

cloud1414

• Anthony Pierce
    • View Profile
    • The Legend Of Twilight
Apparently the other video was removed, here is the trailer thats supposed to be out tomorrow and isnt a off screen recording.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85uwJr5M2n0

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
I browsed about it and noticed they have actually re-mastered the textures too! Well done Square! Probably I'm buying it  (I even own the horrible XIV, waiting for the "A realm reborn"). Videos must be indeed better than with the emulator.

Squall_1904

• "As long as I have my sword..."
    • View Profile
I think the look of his eyes is more lively in the original game. :/ Just like you can see on that image comparison.

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
I guess and hope the eyes will be lively enough when they set up the lights correctly in the final version. There must be some nice options and AA.
« Last Edit: 2013-03-25 02:34:46 by LeonhartGR »

Soul XXcult

• View Profile
the models looks great and everything's well kept. Really wish for a pc version.

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
That's not gonna happen unfortunately...

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
Square-Enix is pretty good about releasing PC versions, usually through Steam... but only of games made by their international studios. Their Japanese games have a tendency to be exclusive to consoles.

It's a shame really. I personally prefer PC versions unless there's something clearly wrong with the port (RE4). My monitor is higher resolution than my TV, my PC is far more powerful than my PS3, and Steam is far better about updating games than the PS3, which will wait until you want to play. Not to say that there will be anything wrong with the PS3/Vita versions, I fully expect them to be competent ports. But as long as they're only on consoles, it's merely a probably buy for me. A halfway-decent PC version would get a definite purchase out of me, possibly even a preorder.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
I don't own any of the new consoles, so unless this is a PC release, I will not play it  :(

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
I don't own any of the new consoles, so unless this is a PC release, I will not play it  :(

What will you be missing?  The story and gameplay are the same and that's what ultimately matters.  8-)

JBedford128

• View Profile
What will you be missing?
The International content. Which might not be a lot for some, but for the Japanese it is worth buying the same game twice, even without updated graphics.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Well for pal users, we are missing nothing ;)  I still don't think even international warrants paying for this game again, either.  Depends how much they charging.... Anyone know what the normal rates are?
« Last Edit: 2013-03-26 01:01:39 by DLPB »

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
FFX-2 int. was never released in NTSC-U and PAL regions
so yeah, thats one reason to buy it
there is an english patch as of today but thats not a full TL

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
I was referring to X.  I can't believe anyone would want to suffer X-2 again.  :o

cloud1414

• Anthony Pierce
    • View Profile
    • The Legend Of Twilight
Well for pal users, we are missing nothing ;)  I still don't think even international warrants paying for this game again, either.  Depends how much they charging.... Anyone know what the normal rates are?

Same as all the remasters, $39.99. but the ps3 has both games on 1 disc as the vita both games are separate. If they try and charge $39.99 for both games for people who own the vita that's messed up.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Same as all the remasters, $39.99. but the ps3 has both games on 1 disc as the vita both games are separate. If they try and charge $39.99 for both games for people who own the vita that's messed up.

40 is already way too much.  ANyone who pays that for this update is literally insane (assuming they have owned the game before).  Still, it's their money  :P so I dunno why I really care.  I do actually like some of what they have done in those screenshots above, but there's not a cat in hell's chance that I would pay 40 to essentially play the exact same game I have right here on disc that I can pop in my drive and play on the emulator.  I am just fed up with a lot of stuff where games are involved these days, especially given I have been playing some old classics the last week or so.  The blatant profiteering is taking its toll.  I am obviously in rant mode today as well  :o.... 
« Last Edit: 2013-03-26 04:46:07 by DLPB »