Author Topic: [BETA] Battle-Swirl Fix  (Read 22998 times)

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
Re: [BETA] Battle-Swirl Fix
« Reply #25 on: 2006-07-14 06:49:17 »
What it has to do with battle-swirl?

chesterkit

« Reply #26 on: 2006-08-07 18:35:10 »
Hello, I've been having a lot of trouble with this lately.. I'll copy what I said in another message board and paste it here..

Ok long story short.. I got the game off e-bay, installed it.. Then the videos wouldn't play, you know black screens.. So I reinstalled it, and installed the other required drivers/files for the game, the one that is for direct X I assume, no not direct X itself cause I have 9C. Anyway... I then got the upside down videos, fixed that.. And NOW, I try to play the game, and get into the very first battle.. Well guess what? Yep, it crashes. And asks me to debug or no, it doesn't matter what I pick it still closes the game.

Anyway, I got windows 2k and a GeForce 4 MX video card, I understand that 2k and FF7 don't like each other and all that, but is there no way around this? I have tried everything, tried that windows 98 Emulation stuff, messed with the drivers, the settings for the game, went to microsoft to see if they had any updates which would fix the problem... I don't know what else to do. Any help would be much appreciated.

Ok I got a responce to come to this thread and try out your patch, I tried it and...

You know what? I'm just gonna say **** it! I reinstalled the game like five times, I didin't get to check the patch out because when I got in game I tried to check out the menu and see if it worked, THAT didin't even work.. IT crashed to desktop without a second though, this is really driving me insane. I'm not going to sit here for a whole week trying to get this damned game to work, I might as well get it for play station one.

And...

Well I tried it again one last time, I got into a battle.. I pushed attack and clicked on the dude, but it closed right out. Also, no music this time around. Anyway... Anyone wanna play with my guinee pig of a game and try to fix the bugs? Obviously FF7 DOES have problems with 2000, maybe someone could tackle those so 2000 users don't have to suffer? Just a thought, as of now I haven't found any patches that seem to work.

Ok I think that's pretty much it.. I've only installed your patch, because NO other patch I've tried seems to work. And this one seems to be the closest to actually fixing my problem, seeing as I was able to click attack this time and the fact that the error message about debugging didin't come up, and the game just closed out. If you want I can mess with it a little, beta testing and stuff. I really want to play this game so let's get this problem where it hurts lol.

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
« Reply #27 on: 2006-08-09 17:46:28 »
Sorry for not replying for... 2 days, I didn't have access to a PC (or I didn't want to have...).
Well I tried it again one last time, I got into a battle..
Actually, that's as far as this patch will get you to. It only fixes the battle-swirl bug.
(...)the error message about debugging didin't come up, and the game just closed out.
It would be better if I had something to start with. Are you sure there was no debug info? Memory address where the crash occured will do.
If you want I can mess with it a little, beta testing and stuff.
You can:
1) Try and get me Win2k + convince me to uninstall my Win2k3.
2) Send me your PC. Thanks if you do! :P
3) Install some new OS (ok, haven't said that)

I won't even try to fix it remotely. Check once again if it leaves you any error message. If you haven't yet tried it, check this link. I know that there are still people with Win2k, and probably some with FF7 facing similar problems as you do. Just don't give up.

dziugo

chesterkit

« Reply #28 on: 2006-08-09 19:17:15 »
Hmmm.. Will this work? Hold on.. I got the message again.

Ok the "title" says
"DEFAULT: ff7.exe -Application Error

Then.. In the bulk of it..

"The instruction at "0x006ab186" rferenced memory at "0x01fd4a80". The memory could not be "read"

Click OK to terminate the program
Click CANCEL to debug the program.

And that's it.

Also I'm gonna try that page you gave me, it might just be what I need.

dziugo

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006-08-09 19:20:39 »
Hmmm.. Will this work? Hold on.. I got the message again.
Perfect.
Also I'm gonna try that page you gave me, it might just be what I need.
Give us a shout if it worked.

dziugo

chesterkit

« Reply #30 on: 2006-08-09 19:43:13 »
Well I tried it out, the same error came up. From what I saw it didin't make any difference.

Small edit: Btw, I still have no music after the opening cut scene, you know that upbeat music that comes into play when everyone juimps off the train.
« Last Edit: 2006-08-09 19:47:45 by chesterkit »