Author Topic: Neo Cloud  (Read 12470 times)

apz freak

• View Profile
Re: Neo Cloud
« Reply #25 on: 2010-11-09 06:12:38 »
I'll keep it to show off on my portfolio  ;) But unless we can get the battle mode to have dynamic lighting, I really don't see it happening. It'd be nice however if we could get that to work!

edit: Well if that happens (Normal maps) As far as I know, someone who knows correct me if I'm wrong, FFVII never made extensive use of dynamic lighting, isn't it like 1 source light in the field with shading specific to that scene on each piece that isn't dynamic, and there are no lights in battle mode. It'd be hard to get normals to work if there's nothing for it to light it.

BUT if somehow you guys can accomplish that, I wonder how far it would take to get specular maps working as well? I know that far more use is gotten out of specular maps in the game industry to creatively trick the eye into thinking that there are bump and normal maps than people think. Less information for the game engine to render.  (This almost exclusively applies to environments though, characters pretty much always get the full treatment)
« Last Edit: 2010-11-10 12:38:22 by apz freak »

apz freak

• View Profile
Re: Neo Cloud
« Reply #26 on: 2010-11-10 18:48:54 »