Author Topic: [FF7] Tutorial for Bootleg - Tifa's Bootleg  (Read 2443826 times)

avfcjay

• View Profile
Re: [FF7] Tutorial for Bootleg - Tifa's Bootleg
« Reply #2525 on: 2014-11-16 07:36:18 »
No I didn't use it, I'm at work today so may do a fresh install and start again. Just a question, if I want the the best looking mods to improve the look of the game as well as making it harder is it best I use bootleg or should I use 7th Heaven? (7th Heaven didn't look like it has the full range of mods that Bootleg does, I don't see the difference? (Noob questions, sorry!))

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #2526 on: 2014-11-16 11:28:51 »
The difference between Bootleg and 7H is that Bootleg installs the mods once, and alter the game files. 7th Heaven adds the mods files on runtime, meaning you need to do it everytime. If you intend to change mods a lot, 7H is probably a better choice. If you plan to stick to one setup of mod, Bootleg is the way to go.

Robgatti

• View Profile
« Reply #2527 on: 2014-11-25 05:11:39 »
I have everything working but ingame Music.
I've ran the Music Patch.
Still no good, only SFX are playing.
« Last Edit: 2014-11-25 07:31:37 by Robgatti »

avfcjay

• View Profile
« Reply #2528 on: 2014-11-25 07:50:33 »
I had the same problem with FF7 Music, instead I used a different soundtrack, is it Reunion? I forget. It's the one that's more orchestral anyway and it works fine.

Btw, I just did a clean install of FF7 and Bootleg and my game works fine now. Only Hardcore mode is pretty tough! I seem to run out of potions quickly, lol. I'm just grinding inside the reactor before taking on the scorpion boss.

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2529 on: 2014-11-25 11:08:09 »
Reunion isn't an audio mod, you might be thinking of Anxious Heart?

Regarding Hardcore, try to beat lone Sweepers. They drop Bolt Plumes. Then use them to beat Sweepers that are with other enemies, and beat lone ones without using any. Then you can use them against Guard Scorpion.

Robgatti

• View Profile
« Reply #2530 on: 2014-11-25 15:31:47 »
Will I need to re-mod everything?
As in Full Install etc etc as noted in the FAQ?

It seems that way, as when I installed Anxious Heart its telling me "plugins\vgmstream_music.fgp" cannot be found.

avfcjay

• View Profile
« Reply #2531 on: 2014-11-25 15:46:11 »
Yeah Anxious Heart that's the one! Sorry, mind slipped!

I completely uninstalled FF7 and then re-installed it with all the mods again from scratch. Didn't take long (15 mins?) Worth trying that then watching Bootleg install again and again trying different setups.

Robgatti

• View Profile
« Reply #2532 on: 2014-11-25 16:33:13 »
Yeah, Anxious Heart installed fine this time, but no music on launch again.
I'll keep at it, at least I'm learning.

Thanks for the recommendations guys!

Whats a good OST for the game out of the available ones in the latest Bootleg?

EDIT:
I've re-modded and tried EVERY version of Anxious Heart.
NO sound yet.
I'm highly confused.

EDIT 2: Got it. Have no idea what I did, but its working like a charm now. Ill be looking through my logs and such to see what I fixed and meddled with for users who encounter the same issue.

EDIT 3: I'm apparently getting the crappy MIDI files because it cant locate the Plugin for Anxious Heart.
Im completely lost.
« Last Edit: 2014-11-26 05:56:10 by Robgatti »

Leafia_Barrett

• View Profile
Re: [Tutorial] Tifa's Bootleg
« Reply #2533 on: 2014-11-26 22:25:12 »
Okay, so I'm having the "no cutscenes and black screen" glitch. I looked at the movies folder, and it's almost completely empty - mkup.avi and opening.avi are both 0 bytes, as well (eidoslogo.avi is fine and works in-game). Yes, I have all the mods necessary, or at least Bootleg says I do - no red mods anywhere. I looked in the mod folder and most of the .zips can't be opened, and most of the ones I can open throw an error when I try to extract anything.
I also don't have any music, which I assume is an unrelated thing. Yes, I installed the music patch. I haven't a clue on this one.

Unrelated, but is there a way to run both 7thHeaven and Bootloader at the same time?

blueknavish

• View Profile
« Reply #2534 on: 2014-11-27 01:06:35 »
Guys, amazing work on all these mods. Is there a site set up for donations which gives credit to all authors?

However, there is one glaring problem that is still not addressed with all these updates--the 15 frame per second battle animations. Can this be addressed to at least allow the battles to run at 30 fps? 60 fps would be best. And more importantly, can it be successfully implemented with all the other game fixes?

blueknavish

• View Profile
« Reply #2535 on: 2014-11-27 02:31:06 »
Sorry, one more issue.

It doesn't appear that XPadder works with all these mods because it conflicts with the music package. Is there a workaround for this? How can we use a controller to play the game with all the mods? It's not really functional for me to play this game on a keyboard. I want to relax on the couch.

blueknavish

• View Profile
« Reply #2536 on: 2014-11-27 02:35:57 »
Okay, so I'm having the "no cutscenes and black screen" glitch. I looked at the movies folder, and it's almost completely empty - mkup.avi and opening.avi are both 0 bytes, as well (eidoslogo.avi is fine and works in-game). Yes, I have all the mods necessary, or at least Bootleg says I do - no red mods anywhere. I looked in the mod folder and most of the .zips can't be opened, and most of the ones I can open throw an error when I try to extract anything.
I also don't have any music, which I assume is an unrelated thing. Yes, I installed the music patch. I haven't a clue on this one.

Unrelated, but is there a way to run both 7thHeaven and Bootloader at the same time?

Did download all mods from the torrent? Did you follow the instructions? Make sure all directories are set correctly. Make sure you're installing mods on top of a fresh install of FF7. I'm not sure what 7thHeaven is but it sounds like you're trying to do 2 things at the same time. A recipe for disaster.
« Last Edit: 2014-11-27 02:42:32 by blueknavish »

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2537 on: 2014-11-27 05:50:03 »
7th Heaven and Bootleg can be used together. But if you play with the thought to use 7H the you should swap to it over entirely, because the custom driver Bootleg needs is outdated. The latest driver has a native music support.

blueknavish

• View Profile
« Reply #2538 on: 2014-11-27 07:14:45 »
The latest driver has a native music support.

There should be no conflict with XPadder then?

Leafia_Barrett

• View Profile
« Reply #2539 on: 2014-11-27 12:45:56 »
Did download all mods from the torrent? Did you follow the instructions? Make sure all directories are set correctly. Make sure you're installing mods on top of a fresh install of FF7. I'm not sure what 7thHeaven is but it sounds like you're trying to do 2 things at the same time. A recipe for disaster.
I downloaded any and all red mods on the list Bootleg provided, but no, I did not download the torrent, because it would have taken approximately a solid week to download. I can not overstate how absolutely garbage my internet is.
I followed every instruction, yes.
All the directories are correctly set. I double checked to be sure.
All mods are installed over a completely fresh install. I wiped the game off of my computer (with the tools provided to get rid of registry entries in a different post) after my first attempt, in which I missed a couple steps somehow. This is on my second attempt.
I'm not attempting to use 7thHeaven (a separate mod loader that dynamically loads mods rather than altering the files) with Bootleg, I was simply asking if it could be done, as there's a mod for Tifa that I want to use, but it's not in a format that Bootleg can do anything with, and I have absolutely 0 idea how to get it into said format, much less add it via Bootleg.

It's worth noting that the game DOES work, and the majority of the mods installed successfully. After Barret's dialogue (which should be changed but isn't, ReTranslation apparently failed to patch) pops up, if I open the menu, then close it, the game's screen goes back to normal. It still has no music, though.

7th Heaven and Bootleg can be used together. But if you play with the thought to use 7H the you should swap to it over entirely, because the custom driver Bootleg needs is outdated. The latest driver has a native music support.
Well, can 7thHeaven do everything Bootleg can, and can it accept the same file formats as Bootleg?
« Last Edit: 2014-11-27 13:09:51 by Leafia_Barrett »

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #2540 on: 2014-11-27 19:14:16 »
Well, can 7thHeaven do everything Bootleg can, and can it accept the same file formats as Bootleg?

• Look at this: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=15520.0
  • Because 7th Heaven works different it has even more possibilities (dynamic replacements of the files as example). The only disadvantage it has is that it make the game start a bit longer. But you can test any mod you want without to reinstall the game and run the mod installer. So it's easier to find the setting which suits you.
  • 7th Heaven is ready to support future mods like the voiceover project. Bootleg would need every time an update for such a thing (but maybe Vgr and Insight have something incredible in planning  ;)).

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2541 on: 2014-11-27 22:14:34 »
@Leafia_Barrett - Where is your game installed, which version do you have, where is Bootleg.exe and where are the mods? I need the complete paths. Also, while 7th Heaven and Bootleg can be used together, I recommend you stick to one. 7th Heaven works differently than Bootleg. It alters the game at runtime without changing the files. It's temporary and per-run. Bootleg alters the game files. It's permanent until you uninstall or re-install. For now it's impossible to install Bootleg over an already-Bootlegged install, but that will be changed. About the mods being corrupted, there's a high chance it's due to your Internet. If all else fails, the torrent might be your best guess (a week isn't that long if you forget about it :P ). I can seed if needed.

@blueknavish - About the 60 FPS, that's a mod which is still new and will be in the next Bootleg, however it's not in right now. If you know your way around the game files you can add it yourself. I don't recommend it if you don't know what you're doing. FF7 has a native controller support, but if that fails Joy2Key is a good guess. Sure, it's not as advanced as XPadder, but there's literally no difference for the game, since it was never designed for more than a D-Pad to begin with.

-Vgr

blueknavish

• View Profile
« Reply #2542 on: 2014-11-28 09:14:07 »
Thanks, Vgr. I had no idea the game had native controller support. It works fine with an XBOX One Controller, except it's using the joystick instead of the D-Pad, but no big deal.

Someone

• View Profile
« Reply #2543 on: 2014-12-01 16:23:19 »
So I followed your instructions but somehow the game does not want to work... The problem is that when I select "new game" on the title menu I get a error stating the BVJF.yos was not found. The APP.LOG says it searched for this file in "E:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\direct\char\BVJF.a" but the char folder is empty. Actually the whole "direct" folder consists of folders that are empty. There is not much to find on the internet about this problem, the only thing I can find is that it might be related to a NPC Reconstruction mod. I would be gratefull if you could help me somehow...
Here is the whole APP.LOG:
INFO: FF7/FF8 OpenGL driver version 0.7.11b
INFO: Auto-detected version: FF7 1.02 US English
INFO: Microsoft Corporation GDI Generic 1.1.0
INFO: GDI software renderer detected
INFO: VBO not supported
INFO: PBO not supported
INFO: Subtractive blending not supported
INFO: No swap_control extension, cannot control framerate
INFO: NPOT textures not supported
INFO: Max texture size: 1024x1024
INFO: Number of texture units: 1
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 1280x960, output resolution 1280x960, internal resolution 1280x960
INFO: FFMpeg movie player plugin loaded
INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r21874, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
INFO: No shaders, codecs with YUV output will be slow.
INFO: FF7Music helper plugin loaded
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
initializing sound...
creating dsound primary buffer
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized
set music volume: 127
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF CREDITS!!!
INFO: E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\movies\eidoslogo.avi; indeo5/pcm_s16le 640x480, 30.000000 FPS, duration: 12.933333, frames: 388
INFO: slow output format from video codec indeo5; 6
ERROR: NPOT textures not suppported, will not be able to load E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\/mods/bootleg/cr/opback_d_00.png
ERROR: NPOT textures not suppported, will not be able to load E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\/mods/bootleg/cr/opback_e_00.png
ERROR: NPOT textures not suppported, will not be able to load E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\/mods/bootleg/cr/opback_f_00.png
ERROR: GL_INVALID_VALUE
set music volume trans: 127->0, step=60
END OF CREDITS!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
ERROR: texture dimensions exceed max texture size, will not be able to load E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\/mods/bootleg/menu/buster_00.png
ERROR: NPOT textures not suppported, will not be able to load E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\/mods/bootleg/menu/buster_00.png
ERROR: GL_INVALID_VALUE
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
ERROR: failed to find file char/BVJF.a (LGP) (path: )
ERROR: offset error: BVJF.a
ERROR: could not open file BVJF.a
ERROR: unhandled exception

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #2544 on: 2014-12-02 05:22:10 »
INFO: Microsoft Corporation GDI Generic 1.1.0

Find out what the graphic hardware is of your PC and install its proper driver.

Someone

• View Profile
« Reply #2545 on: 2014-12-02 19:36:22 »
I uninstalled AMD Catalyst again, now it shows which card and driver I am using. The problem remains the same, my design folder is completely empty, aside from some other empty folders, and BVJF.a still canĀ“t be found/does not exist for some reason...

INFO: FF7/FF8 OpenGL driver version 0.7.11b
INFO: Auto-detected version: FF7 1.02 US English
INFO: NVIDIA Corporation GeForce 8400 GS/PCIe/SSE2 3.3.0
INFO: Found swap_control extension
INFO: Max texture size: 8192x8192
INFO: Number of texture units: 4
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 1280x960, output resolution 1280x960, internal resolution 1280x960
INFO: FFMpeg movie player plugin loaded
INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r21874, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
INFO: No shaders, codecs with YUV output will be slow.
INFO: FF7Music helper plugin loaded
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
initializing sound...
creating dsound primary buffer
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF CREDITS!!!
INFO: E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\movies\eidoslogo.avi; indeo5/pcm_s16le 640x480, 30.000000 FPS, duration: 12.933333, frames: 388
INFO: slow output format from video codec indeo5; 6
set music volume trans: 127->0, step=60
END OF CREDITS!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
ERROR: failed to find file char/BVJF.a (LGP) (path: )
ERROR: offset error: BVJF.a
ERROR: could not open file BVJF.a
ERROR: unhandled exception

Edit: I reinstalled it right now and I get a strange Error in the end of the installation. I had it the first time I installed it too, so maybe there is a soultion in there.

Error in blackbgb: converting to field failed, Attempted to read 323135 bytes from 371e

Error in blin62_2: Incorrect number of entries: 22/23
blin67_2 patch failed, not original script
chrin_2 patch failed, not original script
cosin1_1 patch failed, not original script
« Last Edit: 2014-12-02 20:09:02 by Someone »

Sora123masta

• View Profile
« Reply #2546 on: 2014-12-03 13:08:16 »
Error in blackbgb: converting to field failed, Attempted to read 323135 bytes from 371e

Error in blin62_2: Incorrect number of entries: 22/23
blin67_2 patch failed, not original script
chrin_2 patch failed, not original script
cosin1_1 patch failed, not original script

That has something to do with the Translation I think.  If you had it checked, I suggest installing Bootleg without the translation checked, then install the translation with Reunion.

Leafia_Barrett

• View Profile
« Reply #2547 on: 2014-12-03 13:53:36 »
That has something to do with the Translation I think.  If you had it checked, I suggest installing Bootleg without the translation checked, then install the translation with Reunion.
Reunion? What's that?

Someone

• View Profile
« Reply #2548 on: 2014-12-03 14:23:01 »
I reinstalled it without English translation but it did not help. :/

Sora123masta

• View Profile
« Reply #2549 on: 2014-12-03 15:35:01 »
Go look through the other mods section for Reunion. Other releases or something I think.  Reunion should be in there.  It is a mod that has the proper "Latest" translations and menu overhaul stuff.   Okay,  if nothing worked then I am not sure. Haven't been checking things out that much but I will take a look into it.