Author Topic: Interesting Nomura statement  (Read 2828 times)

ultima espio

• View Profile
Interesting Nomura statement
« on: 2009-12-23 13:42:28 »
I read this on the Tomb Raider forums, as well as KHVids:

In addition, Nomura also hinted at "an unannounced project which is moving along faster than originally expected." He wouldn't reveal any further information about it, but apparently "development's going smoothly and we started voice-recording work recently" on the title.

Finally, "there's one more unannounced title, though that one isn't a completely brand-new game," Nomura closed. "Look out for that one, too."

http://www.khinsider.com/latest/new-...terview-2.html

When he says "that one isn't a completely brand-new game", does this mean another FF game, a Kingdom hearts game, or could it be the ever wanted FF7 remake? Some people think it might be the new Tomb Raider, but i doubt it, what would Nomura have to do with it? Crystal Dynamics are still making them, Nomura wouldnt have anything to do with it even though Crystal is owned by Square.

Discuss.

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
Re: Interesting Nomura statement
« Reply #1 on: 2009-12-23 17:17:34 »
Oh i hope it is a FF7 remake. I would pay large money to own that. But then again I probably wouldnt bother modding the ff7 pc version anymore so it would probably kill that hobby.

« Reply #2 on: 2009-12-23 17:22:57 »
I only want a remake if they stick to the script instead of ruining it with gimmicks and rubbish like Advent Children etc.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009-12-23 18:38:31 »
Oh i hope it is a FF7 remake. I would pay large money to own that. But then again I probably wouldnt bother modding the ff7 pc version anymore so it would probably kill that hobby.

In that case, I hope even more strongly that it isn't a FF7 remake :-D

(Actually, I hope they'll say that they'll be doing 3D remakes of the other 2D games, as they did with 3 & 4 on the DS)

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009-12-24 00:52:40 »
At some point a few years back Nomura and someone else stated that the Compilation would last ten years, making the series as a whole span 20 years.  It seems rather likely that the newest title is ahead of schedule