Project forums > Team Avalanche

Beta Test

(1/9) > >>

sl1982:
Hey guys i need your help testing out the new installer for the avalanche overhaul.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RE6V17V6

If you install it and then decide you wish to use an optional component instead just redo the installation and only select the component u wish and it will change the files for that component (eg. color vs alternate world map)

Please post any problems in this topic.

Note: The installer checks if you have aali's driver installed and configured. If it isnt it will tell you and not allow any further progress.
         The install image and license agreement are just defaults for now. Ignore them

Izban:
Tried it out

the interface was nice not too cluttered easy to understand

checked the folder all the files i selected where there none i didn't want

not sure if it is supposed to repack the .LPG's  or pack them at all because  i don't have FF7 installed

don't know if this is an issue but it didn't check if FF7 was installed

sl1982:

--- Quote from: Izban on 2009-11-12 08:09:34 ---Tried it out

the interface was nice not too cluttered easy to understand

checked the folder all the files i selected where there none i didn't want

not sure if it is supposed to repack the .LPG's  or pack them at all because  i don't have FF7 installed

don't know if this is an issue but it didn't check if FF7 was installed

--- End quote ---

It only checks the registry for the ff7 install directory. It repacks lgp's if it finds them (in your case it will not).

sl1982:
Has anyone tested this that has ff7 installed?

deadbeat:
tried it today. It replaced my hi res menu avatars (no big deal).

Played on a little, no problems whatsoever.

I only used it to reinstall the 2DO as I wasn't sure it was working right. Already had barrett. Didn't use the world map as I had issues with that described in another thread.

The installer worked just fine

Edited to say: sorry should have said...Win 7 X64

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version